Digital Art Zone

I cant tell which threads I’ve read or not. 
Posted: 25 May 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1057
Joined  2003-10-09

I cannot tell at a glance which threads I’ve read or not. The difference between the greys is almost indiscernible without heavy concentration.

What do the DAZ folks have against ‘visited link color’ in their CSS?

Seriously, are you working on it? Is it on the todo list? The way it is is unacceptable.

And, no, I shouldn’t have to hunt down, install, figure out, test a third party plug-in for my browser to handle something as BASIC as visited link color.

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

It’s bold vs. non-bold.  I can tell easy enough on my screen. :/  Although I use color reassignment too (I took it off to verify though. wink )

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2005-11-10

I am having similar problems it will just take a bit more getting used to I think

Signature 

Community Volunteer:
My DAZ Store 

NeilV Poser Stuff & Chohole’s Space

Old Post Count = 6362

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  374
Joined  0
adamr001 - 25 May 2012 07:57 AM

It’s bold vs. non-bold.  I can tell easy enough on my screen. :/  Although I use color reassignment too (I took it off to verify though. wink )

It’s not “bold vs. non-bold” enough!

Yet another example of poor usability design.

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 25 May 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

I finally resorted to listing new posts, then right clicking and opening the topic in another tab.  Even that is inefficient compared to the old forums.  There, you got a nice neatly listing of topics, here you have this huge amount of wasted space between each topic, and no way to reliably open the topic to the last post. 

But at least, the topics aren’t being reordered anymore on me each time I return to the listing (since I don’t actually return to the listing, I just close the tab of the topic I read and go back to the tab with the topic list)

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2007-06-13

I’ve been doing it the same way Satira Capriccio.

Signature 

Previous post count 1700.
My Store

Posted: 25 May 2012 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2006-05-14

If it is a long thread, I have been used to clicking a link that took me to the first new one that I haven’t read. But I can’t work out how to do this on the new forum - do I have to just open the thread from the start?

Posted: 26 May 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2005-11-10
carnite - 25 May 2012 11:33 PM

If it is a long thread, I have been used to clicking a link that took me to the first new one that I haven’t read. But I can’t work out how to do this on the new forum - do I have to just open the thread from the start?

so far I have not found a way to open on the newest post on a long thread I just tend to open the last page and then skip back a page or two.

Signature 

Community Volunteer:
My DAZ Store 

NeilV Poser Stuff & Chohole’s Space

Old Post Count = 6362