edited and removed by user

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 26 July 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13719
Joined  2003-10-09

Remember that not all features of the full 3Delight are available in DS.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 26 July 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1831
Joined  2006-02-17
Richard Haseltine - 26 July 2012 04:03 PM

Remember that not all features of the full 3Delight are available in DS.

Not quite true.  One can download the standalone 3DL for free and use ALL the features, even from DS.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 27 July 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  721
Joined  2012-02-12

That is an interresting feature for sure. You can fill a bug report and ask for the feature. Till then you can try to get it through scripted 3delight or an easier way would be to export to rib and modify it and render with external 3delight. I’m not 100% sure because I quickly read the 3delight doc but that should work

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 28 July 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-01-08
linvanchene - 26 July 2012 03:59 PM

Can it be achieved with the shader mixer or shader builder? Or is it one of those things that could only be achieved with the scripted 3Delight?

Has anyone any clue where to find the ability to specify polygonal bokeh shapes in DS4.5?

None of those, AFAIK, currently. You can however write a C++ plug-in to access it, or make a feature request here at DAZ. I’m not positive but this thread at 3Delight seems to have the correct syntax: http://www.3delight.com/en/modules/PunBB/viewtopic.php?id=2978
Does anybody know what the address of the 3Delight bug-tracker is?

Posted: 28 July 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1831
Joined  2006-02-17
ReDave - 28 July 2012 05:13 AM
linvanchene - 26 July 2012 03:59 PM

Can it be achieved with the shader mixer or shader builder? Or is it one of those things that could only be achieved with the scripted 3Delight?

Has anyone any clue where to find the ability to specify polygonal bokeh shapes in DS4.5?

None of those, AFAIK, currently. You can however write a C++ plug-in to access it, or make a feature request here at DAZ. I’m not positive but this thread at 3Delight seems to have the correct syntax: http://www.3delight.com/en/modules/PunBB/viewtopic.php?id=2978
Does anybody know what the address of the 3Delight bug-tracker is?

http://www.3delight.com/issues

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 29 July 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-01-08

Thanks! I thought I had bookmarked this a few months ago, and I couldn’t find it through Google, but now I definitely bookmarked it.