Digital Art Zone

40 of 48
Carrara 8.5.0.172 Beta Now Available for Download
Posted: 29 January 2013 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 586 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2006-10-13

Seems to be working but when I re installed 8.5 there was an error, but the message went by so fast that I didn’t get read. Technically I wasn’t paying attention for a little bit then I noticed it out the corner of my eye then I didn’t really get to read it before it disappeared.

Posted: 29 January 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 587 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0
The_Grimreaper - 29 January 2013 10:21 AM

Seems to be working but when I re installed 8.5 there was an error, but the message went by so fast that I didn’t get read. Technically I wasn’t paying attention for a little bit then I noticed it out the corner of my eye then I didn’t really get to read it before it disappeared.

It disappeared on its own without you hitting Enter or Esc?

Any problems?

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 29 January 2013 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 588 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

Come to think of it, it might have had an ok button. I do have a laptop I could have mashed the ok button by accident, I’ve been know to turn my computer off with the mouse pad on. I usually keep the mouse pad off, but I might have had it on at the time, I just had signed in a few minutes before hand. It’s one of those multi touch gesture type mouse pads. I usually keep it off because of things like that.

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 589 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  328
Joined  2007-07-31

Thanks 3dage

Thats cleared it up for me - All my installs are in different directories.

Now for the textures !  You say they should be duf format - that adds a little confusion to whats already confused !!

In addition to the texture problem I was also confused by the offerings of files to download when I bought it.
In the end help desk emphatically said I should only install the Pyrit .txe file ( which is the DSON file) which I did - Problem not fixed.

this file has .jpg textures and yes and can do a workarounf through the texture room but this is not an answer because they should auto load. Anyway as hair has several domains its a pain loading each manually.

Havent tried the Daz studio route because I dont want to use studio -again its a workaround.

If you have time to hop over to thread   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15065/

Quite a bit of discussion there you can see images of my pyrit hair install folders also a comprensive statement by helpdesk about different files/formats.
everyone should read it for general knowledge - Even Kraig (via my ticket) admitted it was confusing -

So thanks again for your input

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 590 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

I still have the problem with the sequencer. Where if I click anywhere but on the triangles or the curve I get this error. I remember when you could drag an select the triangles you want now I have click ever so precise.

Image Attachments
Sequencer.JPG

Posted: 29 January 2013 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 591 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5951
Joined  2007-12-04

Okay, all of you who are getting the beta to work along side the official Carrara 8 install:
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you intend to open any of your existing saves from 8.1 for use in 8.5
BE SURE to SAVE using a UNIQUE NAME!!!

It’s actually very cool, that 8.5 beta converts all of your texture maps to “Fast MipMap” filtering. However, once it does this - re-opening the file in 8.1 will give you a blank filter for each an every portion of each and every shader that uses an image file - simply because “Fast MipMap” doesn’t exist in 8.1
If this happens to you, you’ll have to go through each shader that contains and image file and change the image filtering back to “Sampling”.

This is not a bad thing - but you should know that before saving existing files using 8.5

What I did was to copy my entire browser from “My Documents > DAZ3D > Carrara 8” to “My Documents > DAZ3D > Carrara 8.5” so that each application has its own copy of all of my saved files - but that’s because I save everything to the browser via the above My Documents structure. If you save another way, just copy it over to a new location so you can use it safely - or simply get used to saving all of your 8.5 files in a way that you can tell the difference.

Hope this makes sense - just trying to save you from unnecessary time consumption wink

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 08 February 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 592 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2003-10-09

Gosh darn it…!

8.5 is STILL in Beta?!?

Well… at least its renderer is more stable on my old PC than the latest build for DS 4.5…

tongue rolleye

Posted: 08 February 2013 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 593 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Yeah… this beta Rocks!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 08 February 2013 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 594 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4619
Joined  2004-07-01
Dartanbeck - 08 February 2013 03:28 PM

Yeah… this beta Rocks!

which version ?

Posted: 08 February 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 595 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  400
Joined  2008-08-29

Carrara 8.5 build 172 (the current version) corrected many previous beta issues, although new features (e.g., genesis/duf) are still problematic. Some users experience problems with this build (e.g., spot render not working), but the build specific issues do not appear to be easily remedied (for example, I have no issue with spot renders).

Signature 

Swamp Living Never Felt So Good

Posted: 08 February 2013 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 596 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Right, Thoromyr. I have been following this beta, so I have every release available. Build 172 was great for me, with the exception that I would have difficulty saving from time to time. It must have been build-related… because when I went back to build 149, the problem disappeared. I didn’t do that until I read, just a few posts ago, where Wendy and Holly were mentioning that they use 132 - so that’s what I use now. I really like it. I like 8.1 as well… but for me, this is better - even if I couldn’t use Genesis.
As for that, as soon as I don’t have Genesis at my disposal, I wish I did. I really like Genesis and all of the stuff I bought for it.

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2013 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 597 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-20

I can’t find this beta build anywhere! Can i still downloaded it? Where?

Thanks

Posted: 10 February 2013 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 598 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4917
Joined  2006-08-27
PoserPl - 10 February 2013 06:11 PM

I can’t find this beta build anywhere! Can i still downloaded it? Where?

Thanks

Do you own the production build of Carrara 8 Pro? If so, the download should be in your Daz 3D Account Download section.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 10 February 2013 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 599 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1822
Joined  2011-07-31

Sorry, I think they are only packing 132 with the Carrara 8 Pro package.  It is supposed to be a more stable release and evidently DAZ decided to drop back to it.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 11 February 2013 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 600 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4917
Joined  2006-08-27
SmallFry - 08 February 2013 01:55 PM

Gosh darn it…!

8.5 is STILL in Beta?!?

Well… at least its renderer is more stable on my old PC than the latest build for DS 4.5…

tongue rolleye

Carrara’s new marketing slogan:

Image Attachments
Love-and-Happiness-clean-po.jpg
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

40 of 48