11 of 48
Carrara 8.5.0.172 Beta Now Available for Download
Posted: 18 September 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7275
Joined  2009-07-13

no, each version self contained
infact browser objects such a particles from the older versions have issues in latter ones I have heard.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-12-03

I use Carrara for animation. I have found a lot of little things that bug me, not being able to copy/paste keyframes, not selecting nested body parts on a model when moving keyframes, things like this. Puppeteer crashes when I use it, etc. What updates have been made to animation ?

Signature 

old post count, 639

Posted: 19 September 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08

The good news is you have access to all the installers in your downloads list. Here is how to obtain the files.

My Account > Itemized Order History > find your Carrara 8.1 order > Reset the download
My Downloadable Products > Find the Carrara file > Download > install the software

Hope this is helpful.

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5959
Joined  2007-12-04
Lord Ash Midnight - 18 September 2012 11:35 PM

I use Carrara for animation. I have found a lot of little things that bug me, not being able to copy/paste keyframes, not selecting nested body parts on a model when moving keyframes, things like this. Puppeteer crashes when I use it, etc. What updates have been made to animation ?

I copy/Paste Keyframes all the time in Carrara:
- Select any number of keys to copy
- Press ‘Alt’ key while dragging the selected keys to a new location.
- From there, you are free to drag them, etc.,
I personally love the feel of it.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 21 September 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  328
Joined  2007-07-31
Lord Ash Midnight - 18 September 2012 11:35 PM

I. Puppeteer crashes when I use it, etc. What updates have been made to animation ?

Updates? None as far a I know since introduction of puppeteer ( C8 ) which in my opinion is a dismal implementation of the Daz Studio version and as there isno documentaion you ar left to figre it out. Oh I know there is a video tutorial and I even bought infinite skills tuts but neither of these cover Puppeteer in entirety. As implemented in daz studio its a great tool and Carrara version badly needs to catch up.

I dont find it crashes but compared to Daz studio it is very laggy.

Carrara animation tools are good when you get familiar with the keyframes/NLA/ graph editor etc. You have access to every detail which is what makes it both daunting andpowerful but keep at it - you will discover its strengths even though it could be vastly improved but I dont see anything happening before version 9 whenever that might be ????

Tip -  You can split an NLA clip by setting the start/finish markers and converting to master clip - it will save the portion between.Then you can drag the new clip back to the timeline. fiddley YES but just one of those things that is simple in DS/ Animate and should be improved in Carrara .

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 22 September 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2003-10-09

Has anyone else successfully reloaded scenes containing Genesis content with the current beta of Carrara on Mac?

I created a relatively simple scene - one Genesis figure, V4 hair, two pieces of clothing, one Genesis and one V4 - and saved it.

When I attempted to reload it, Carrara displayed a progress dialog for a short period, and then went into some kind of indeterminate state. No scene is displayed, and the user interface is non-responsive. Carrara is, however, still running and apparently not hung.

I tried a second time and watched Carrara’s processor usage using Activity Monitor. Initially, it showed a usage of about 95% CPU, spiking to just over 100%, at which point it became briefly unresponsive. Then, about the time that the progress dialog disappeared, it fell off to just 1-2% CPU, and has remained that way ever since.

The DazTmp folder (where Carrara and DAZ Studio put their temporary files) contains a single new temporary file, which is 0 bytes in length.

I don’t think Carrara has strictly crashed or hung - it’s still considered to be ‘responding’ by the operating system. However, I don’t think it’s ever going to finish loading the scene.

Does this fit with other people’s experience of using Genesis on Carrara/Mac, or do you find that it works successfully for you? I haven’t had a lot of luck with it so far.

I’m running the 64-bit version of Carrara on a 2.3GHz i7 box with 16GB of RAM, Mountain Lion 10.8.1.

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 23 September 2012 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_bfurner - 13 September 2012 09:14 AM

We are working on the final bugs to have the 8.5 build ready to release. We have one major bug that needs to be fixed, tested then we should be ready to roll out. Not sure the time frame, but it is looking good.

Based on my experience of playing with Carrara 8.5.0.172 on Mac over the last few hours, I’m surprised to hear this. In my experience, it’s not even remotely ready for prime time.

I’ve created two scenes using Genesis figures, and neither can be reloaded. In one case, Carrara simply stops responding. In the other, it reports (rather unhelpfully) that “An I/O error has occurred”. Neither was a particularly complex scene.

Applying preset poses to Genesis figures distorts the figures.

Certain kinds of pose presets, including the materials presets, are invisible in the content browser. Effectively, if you want to texture Genesis figures, you have to use Gen 4 materials.

Body parts poke through applied clothing and can’t be corrected.

Importing .duf files does not work properly - parented props are misplaced, and meshes appear distorted or wrongly mapped.

I don’t want to sound negative, but unless your development build is hugely different from .172, there’s no way that you can release it and call it finished software.

Please do not release Carrara 8.5 before it is ready.

Now I’m going to quit whining and file some bug reports.

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 26 September 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

so is the next serial going to be up in time or do I start reading a novel on Monday (or God help me, do some housework!!) instead of playing with my computer?

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 26 September 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4621
Joined  2004-07-01
wendy♥catz - 26 September 2012 05:25 PM

so is the next serial going to be up in time or do I start reading a novel on Monday (or God help me, do some housework!!) instead of playing with my computer?

check first page please - good until Nov. 1

Posted: 26 September 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I cannot read! I thought t was Sept1 red face

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 27 September 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  0

CDZCPRO-085-0.000.032-TVE-001-EBTOMAG   (Expires 01-November-2012)

Hello I can not insert the valid SN in the field. This is my Version Carrara 8 (64bit) v8.5.0.149.
Who can i download the new beta ?

Posted: 27 September 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08

Download information is found on page one of this thread.

Posted: 27 September 2012 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  0
DAZ_bfurner - 27 September 2012 02:19 PM

Sorry I’m a foreigner, I do not look through it more.
Know Carrara second since version But I can not find the free update version
Carrara to ever again use with 8.5 can. The link on page 1 for the beta, leads me to the standard retail version of 8.5. As is also true of what to $ 0,
but I find the link to the update is not yet.

greetings

Pro Licence User.

Posted: 27 September 2012 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1827
Joined  2011-07-31
Falke 3D - 27 September 2012 03:44 PM
DAZ_bfurner - 27 September 2012 02:19 PM

Sorry I’m a foreigner, I do not look through it more.
Know Carrara second since version But I can not find the free update version
Carrara to ever again use with 8.5 can. The link on page 1 for the beta, leads me to the standard retail version of 8.5. As is also true of what to $ 0,
but I find the link to the update is not yet.

greetings

I don’t know what’s going on, but it WAS free since it’s still in beta.  I just went to the store and this is what I saw (signed in and PC member).

Image Attachments
Carrara8.5Beta_.PNG
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 27 September 2012 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

Goog God woman! if I didn’t have it I would GRAB IT AND RUN at that price!!!
put it in your cart NOW!!!
(and hope you also get 8.1.12 in your downloads as an alternative)

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

11 of 48