CARRARA 184.108.40.206 is the latest Beta Build!
We are including the 8.5 Beta in your purchase of Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You can run the production build of Carrara 8.1 side by side with this Beta build. Just don’t uninstall 8.1 version when you install this beta release.
The purpose of providing this build is for you to see the progress we are making, see how Genesis looks in Carrara, see the new features we’ve added and provide input on the changes. You can also see the list of bug fixes below. This list identifies issues that were logged in the bug tracker and highlights many of the other fixes in this build.
New in Carrara 8.5:
1. Support for imported Genesis DSF, DUF (best used with DAZ Studio 4.5 RC 3 installed).
2. Character presets can be applied. Go to the Instance Tab, select the 2nd Genesis listed in the tree or the Actor line, and double click the character from the list. If the one of these items is not selected, an additional figure will be loaded with that character applied.
3. New Parameters Pane and user experience
4. Carrara 8.5 Parameter Pane. If you are familiar with the Parameters Tab (with the Genesis figure) in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent to Carrara 8.5 is the Parameter Pane which is accessed by selecting the second Genesis from the list.
5. Shaping in Parameters Pane. If you are familiar with the Shaping Tab in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent for Carrara 8.5 can be accessed by selecting the Actor line from the tree in the Instance Pane.
6. Content Management System or CMS connection to utilize the DAZ Studio database (requires DAZ Studio 220.127.116.11 or newer recommended to be installed). We are looking into a project to install the CMS for Carrara without the need of DAZ Studio. So for the Carrara customers not using DAZ Studio they can still take advantage of the new system. More information will be coming.
7. AutoFit is included in Carrara 8.5
8. Fit To (auto generates Genesis morphs) for Genesis designed clothing
9. Restore Figure tools
10. Memorize tools
11. Zero Figure tools
12. Smart Content Tab (shows all the content with meta data organized similarly to DAZ Studio’s Smart Content Tab)
13. New SubD / Smoothing tool (display the smoothing slider of smoothed vertex object in the assemble room)
14. Improved Bullet Physics for soft body simulation
15. aniBlock importer has been updated and fixed for Carrara 8.5
16. Mac OSX Lion support has been implemented
17. Geo grafting has been implemented and we continue to work on this feature
18. New Light Icons to better represent the lights, the controls have also been improved.
19. DUF Files from DAZ Studio are now supported in Carrara 8.5
If you are seeing issues please log the bugs in the bug tracker: DAZ BUG Tracker
Changes since the last beta build include:
Browser : Fixed : Fixed crash at exit
Carrara : Fixed #0046823 : Added more decimals to the value shader
Carrara : Fixed #0046989 : Fixed default scene settings when importing a syncar file
Carrara : Fixed #0047073 : Fixed crash with data components
Carrara : Fixed #0047180 : Fixed transform saving issue
Carrara : Fixed #0047156 : Fixed issue with NLA where modifiers are not always in synch
Carrara : Fixed #0044751 : Fixed volumetric rendering alpha issue
Carrara : Fixed : Fixed crash in shading room
Carrara : Fixed #0044751 : Fixed volumetric rendering alpha issue
Carrara : Fixed #0047338 : Fixed crash when saving car file
Carrara : Fixed #0047077 : Fixed active tool issue when open a component option dialog
Carrara : Fixed #0047210 : Fixed issue when in edit mode
Carrara : Fixed #0047341 : Fixed shortcut issue with mouse actions (on Windows)
Carrara : Fixed #0047163 : Fixed image format selection issue in exporters
CR2Importer : Fixed #0047152 : Fixed crash when loading cr2 file into an existing scene
DSF : Fixed #0046799 : Fixed DSF loading problem (M5 genitalia)
DSF : Fixed #0046990 : Fixed skinning issue with some legacy content
DSF : Fixed #0047096 : Fixed crash when refreshing the smart content
DSF : Fixed #0046022 : Fixed dsf pose/preset import when the figure geometry node has children
DSF : Fixed : Fixed light and camera size issues
DSF : Fixed #0047129 : Removed automatically added folder to the content browser
Mimic : fixed #46995 : add genesis.dmc to config files
Mimic : Fixed #0047209 : Fixed text file issue when the user does not have write access to the file
Obj Importer : Fixed : Added support for the alpha and alpha maps
Obj Importer : Fixed : Fixed problem when a material has both color/value and a texture map
Obj Importer : Fixed : Added support for bump amplitude extension (Km) used by Studio
Particles : Fixed #0047016 : Redesigned the UI to make the create instance button clearer
What you need to know about this build:
1. If you get a Duplicate ID error, please reset your download for the content and try reinstalling. If the issue persists please place it in the Content Project of the bug tracker (http://bugs.daz3d.com) as we believe we have fixed all of those.
2. Pz2 material Presets do work on Genesis and Triax Content, to include content that has been auto-fit to Genesis now.
3. PZ2 Poses do apply to Genesis
4. DAZ Studio 18.104.22.168 minimum, (4.5 RC3 recommended) must be installed prior to running Carrara 8.5 in order to use Genesis or the Smart Content Tab.
5. If new content with meta data is installed, DAZ Studio will need to be started in order to get the smart content into the CMS database.
6. V4/M4/K4 shaders will not work on Genesis and will have to be manually built.
7. Our development team is working on the tools to transfer data from DAZ Studio 4 to Carrara using our new file format.
8. Included Tree presets may not look the same as they did in Carrara 7, we are looking into this currently.
9. Adding IK to genesis works correctly and as expected, Genesis doesn’t load with IK. (In either DS or Carrara)
10. Mimic fixes have been implemented for Gen 4 and earlier.
11. Mimic and Mimic Pro for Genesis is fixed and will be made available to those who have purchases this.
12. Plugins for the previous builds of 8.0 are expected to work with this version.
13. The CMS service is not embedded in this installer. You will need to have installed DS 4.5 RC3 to be able to use that functionality.
To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0031103-AEM-001-EBTQTTT(Expires 21 April 2013)
About Mimic Pro and this build:
If you own Mimic Pro and want to start using it with Genesis, you’ll need to download a build just for Carrara 22.214.171.124. You will NOT want to use this with your 8.1 build of Carrara. It won’t work with both builds. However, if you install the new version in a different location, you can continue to have both versions on your machine. The same serial number will continue to work for both builds. The DMC files are also included in this new version of Mimic Pro and will work with Genesis.
To see many of the new features and read the latest news on Carrara 8.5 visit CarraraCafe