Digital Art Zone

Daz and After Effects?
Posted: 25 July 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  396
Joined  2012-07-05

Yet another newbie question:  Is there a workflow to use Daz figures in After Effects?  It would be easy enough to export rendered animation and use them as 2d layers in AE, but I was wondering if anyone imports the 3d models into AE to take advantage of the better lighting controls.  What export and import formats would be used?

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-05-09

anybody got an answer for this question yet?

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2003-10-09

You can export the figure as an object or collada from Daz.  You have to bring it into Photoshop 3d extended first then save it as a psd.  You can then import it into AE.  There are all kinds of tutorials about this on Youtube.  The few I looked at were just showing how to bring in the object as an unmoveable, pre-posed, static object.  You can’t animate the body parts in AE (that I know of).  I tried importing V4 this way and got her into AE just fine but, of course, she is just stuck in the pose I imported her in.  You can search deeper into this subject on Youtube.  I don’t want to go any deeper into this because I just import composited animations and don’t need the actual 3d models in there.  Hope this helps.