Daz and After Effects?

DekeDeke Posts: 833
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Yet another newbie question: Is there a workflow to use Daz figures in After Effects? It would be easy enough to export rendered animation and use them as 2d layers in AE, but I was wondering if anyone imports the 3d models into AE to take advantage of the better lighting controls. What export and import formats would be used?

• superdariussuperdarius Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

anybody got an answer for this question yet?

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

You can export the figure as an object or collada from Daz. You have to bring it into Photoshop 3d extended first then save it as a psd. You can then import it into AE. There are all kinds of tutorials about this on Youtube. The few I looked at were just showing how to bring in the object as an unmoveable, pre-posed, static object. You can't animate the body parts in AE (that I know of). I tried importing V4 this way and got her into AE just fine but, of course, she is just stuck in the pose I imported her in. You can search deeper into this subject on Youtube. I don't want to go any deeper into this because I just import composited animations and don't need the actual 3d models in there. Hope this helps.