Digital Art Zone

7 of 10
DAZ Studio 4.5 RC 3 Is Now Available for Download
Posted: 09 August 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  242
Joined  2003-10-09

Just checking in and wondering if anyone else has reported problems opening a previously saved file and the textures on the meshes appear incorrectly. They look as though they were mapped for for a different figure type than what they’re really for. For example, a Michael 5 map looks as though it was mapped for Victoria 4 or something.

Definitely not a feature I’d want for the final version. wink

Has it been reported or should I submit a new bug report?

Thanks!

Posted: 09 August 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Another bug I found…
I locked the Shaping settings I currently have on a figure. I save the figure and exit DS4.5C. I open DS4.5C and reload the figure. The locked Shape parameters are still locked but they’ve been reset to 0.0.

Has anyone else run across this?

Thanks!

Posted: 09 August 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yet another bug I found…

Playing with the Wicked Cape on a female Genesis figure. I apply the red velvet Shader from the Supersuit set to the main cape and the cape collar. I select a different material zone on the cape and DS4.5C freezes. The sanddial shows up and doesn’t unlock no matter how much time I give it to to work out its glitches.

I guess I should fill out a bug report?

cheese

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1005
Joined  2007-10-17

Please put all DS bugs in the bug tracker (http:\\bugs.daz3d.com) under the DAZ Studio 4 project.

Posted: 09 August 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2007-03-10

Here is a video clip that shows various tests done in 4.5. So far, I’m quite satisfied.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmxzYjeOmI&feature=youtu.be

Posted: 09 August 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_Spooky - 09 August 2012 11:27 AM

Please put all DS bugs in the bug tracker (http:\\bugs.daz3d.com) under the DAZ Studio 4 project.

I would, but I can’t log in. Even when I try to make a new account, it complains and doesn’t allow me to continue.

I have some big bugs to report in Carrara 8.5c too.

Posted: 10 August 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

According to the change log, you’re working on the Pending Release (4.5.0.92 and onward). Time-frame in weeks now, instead of months?

Posted: 11 August 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2007-01-08

Can’t save a character preset for V4 (EZ in this case, not that it matters) on which I dialed one morph. I don’t think I ever used that morph on this computer. This will be a problem going forward.

Posted: 12 August 2012 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2009-04-14

I’m using DS4P RC3, and overall, I’m really liking it. However, I just bought the new “Addison” character for V4 and Genesis, and noticed that she has no nipples. When I went to the Shaping tab to apply some, I found that the dials for the nipple and areola were gone (except for “nipples diameter”, which doesn’t do a whole lot with the nipple being gone and all). I reinstalled all of my Genesis morphs, thinking that maybe some of them got goofed up with the RC3 install, but even that doesn’t bring the missing morphs back. Is anyone else having this issue?

***  A few minutes later   ***

Hey, I just noticed that Genesis now has two “genital bulge” options! Was this the trade-off for my missing nipple and areola morphs? smile

***  A few more minutes later   ***

O.K., found the missing morphs buried deep in the Parameters tab. They’re still there, and they still work—they’re just not available in the Shaping tab in DS4P 4.5 RC3 for some reason.

Posted: 12 August 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2003-10-10

Getting a ‘Unable to connect with Pixologic ZBrush check the installation’ error.

Running 4.5 RC 3 and ZBrush 4R4, I mapped ZBrush to DS in preferences, reinstalled GOZ, restarted both apps and rebooted multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Signature 

VTV - The Virtual Broadcasting Network

Posted: 13 August 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25
Virtual Media - 12 August 2012 04:41 PM

Getting a ‘Unable to connect with Pixologic ZBrush check the installation’ error.

Running 4.5 RC 3 and ZBrush 4R4, I mapped ZBrush to DS in preferences, reinstalled GOZ, restarted both apps and rebooted multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

zbrush plugin isn’t working with the RC versions, it will only work at final version release.
and at that time i guess ZB5 is all ready launched and the plugin need some changes again and again and again.

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 13 August 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1816
Joined  2005-06-08

Just a quick FYI:  I’ve been using DSP4.5-RC3 without any trouble, but on just one computer — until this weekend I hadn’t had a chance to try the “open anywhere that has the content” feature of the new .duf format.  So I was at my Mom’s with my Documents/DAZ 3D backed up on a portable drive, and I installed DSP4.5-RC3 and copied my installed content over.  Then I clicked on one of .duf files I’d recently made on my own computer, and it opened perfectly on Mom’s!  Rendered without a hitch even!

I spend a lot of time at my Mom’s, and it’s always been difficult (when not outright impossible) to work on a project at both her place and mine.  Now I can — thanks, DAZ!

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 14 August 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2004-09-07

I hate being a misery guts, but….. I so so so miss my plugins! I installed it once, missed them, uninstalled and put 4.0 back in. Then hubby wanted to go with using it and make a scene with our book characters, and 4.5 does allow that, sharing of custom made characters to share with someone who has matching content.

Well now… I wanna do a reality render and can’t… how much longer is 4.5 going to go without being able to use plugins like Reality & Lux? In truth, that’s the only one I miss right now.

Just thought I’d ask… long face

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 14 August 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2847
Joined  0

I miss Atmospheric Cameras.  Since I have pwXXXXX going I’m pretty happy, but still… sick

I will say DS4.5RC3 *blazes* on my new i5 laptop!  And the HD Graphics 3000 work fine for the viewport in OpenGL. cool smile

Signature 

My bloggity blog: http://the-serpents-fang.blogspot.com/
My Red Room Authors Page: http://redroom.com/member/edward-averill

Posted: 14 August 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2009-03-31

I’ve just discovered that my GenX tab has vanished and all attempts to re-load it have failed.

I note there is a brief mention at the start of this thread that you guys are disowning all responsibity as it is down to the Vendor - Dimension 3d.

It worked fine on 4.0 when I bought it (note: I paid for this!) but it seems that my version of 4.5.0.49 Pro Edition (64-bit) when installed,  lost it.

I have downloaded 4.5.0.90_Win64 but am reluctant to install this until whatever is going on has been settled.

What is going on?

7 of 10