2 of 10
DAZ Studio 4.5 RC 3 Is Now Available for Download
Posted: 27 July 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2010-03-13
Skiriki - 27 July 2012 09:37 AM
adamr001 - 27 July 2012 09:22 AM

Looks like the update didn’t make it to the store yet.  Sorry!

Can you give a yell when they’re updated?

I just reset mine and they were at 1.2 - 27th July 2012 and are working properly in the RC3 build. That is for the following pw products I got:

pwSurface2
pwEffect
pwToon

Edit: On another note, uberSurface2 seems to work ok without update.

Posted: 27 July 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Cool, I’ll do redownload then.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 July 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14
Renpatsu - 27 July 2012 09:40 AM
Skiriki - 27 July 2012 09:37 AM
adamr001 - 27 July 2012 09:22 AM

Looks like the update didn’t make it to the store yet.  Sorry!

Can you give a yell when they’re updated?

I just reset mine and they were at 1.2 - 27th July 2012 and are working properly in the RC3 build. That is for the following pw products I got:

pwSurface2
pwEffect
pwToon

Edit: On another note, uberSurface2 seems to work ok without update.

Okay good.  That’s what I was expecting to see. smile

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 27 July 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Hmm. Odd. I reset my bundle download, and I’m still getting 1.1 versions.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 July 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2847
Joined  0
Skiriki - 27 July 2012 10:12 AM

Hmm. Odd. I reset my bundle download, and I’m still getting 1.1 versions.

Weird, I have 1.2 for everything but pwSketch, which as far as I can determine has NOT been updated for DS4.X.

Maybe it has to do with the bundle?  I bought mine individually over time… confused

Once you get the right ones, they do indeed work (well, I’ve tested pwSurface and pwEffect so far).  Happier camper time!  And Mcosk Creeping Brain loads and poses properly, hooray!  My previous 4.5 RC2 scenes load and render slightly faster, too.

Liking RC3 so far! cool smile

Signature 

My bloggity blog: http://the-serpents-fang.blogspot.com/
My Red Room Authors Page: http://redroom.com/member/edward-averill

Posted: 27 July 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-14

Correct.  pwSketch has not (and will not) be updated because DAZ didn’t buy it when the others were sold to them by Poseworks.  I forget the reason behind this.

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Yeah, I got mine in that one big bundle. Maybe someone forgot to re-bundle the new versions? smile Well, I’m not in a hurry, it’ll get jiggered…

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 July 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-14

I’m poking them about the bundle. smile

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2847
Joined  0
adamr001 - 27 July 2012 10:20 AM

Correct.  pwSketch has not (and will not) be updated because DAZ didn’t buy it when the others were sold to them by Poseworks.  I forget the reason behind this.

Not a big deal, I just used it as kind of a toy, to get different effects.  I can do the same kind of thing in Carrara with one of my DCG plugins.

Thanks for the info!

Signature 

My bloggity blog: http://the-serpents-fang.blogspot.com/
My Red Room Authors Page: http://redroom.com/member/edward-averill

Posted: 27 July 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

There is an upcoming plugin for DAZ that achieves the same effect, check the commercial forum for the Manga Shaders thread—it has a sketch-shader included, not just plain manga style.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 July 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2006-08-22

I already reset my DS 4.5 rc3 download, but there is not the actual link for download on my account.

Posted: 27 July 2012 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08
Marcius - 27 July 2012 01:53 PM

I already reset my DS 4.5 rc3 download, but there is not the actual link for download on my account.

You will probably see the RC2 link in your downloads, the files are updated inside the 4.5 rc2 link. Note the names of the files when you download.

I realize this is kind of confusing but that is how we had to release it this time. Sorry.

Posted: 27 July 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2007-12-24

RC3 is my first 4.5 “purchase”, I checked out fine, but there is nothing in my downloads for it.  I even went and reset the download… nothing is there.

Ignore… It is now there.  Thank you!

Posted: 27 July 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1238
Joined  2011-09-13

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but is it correct behavior for 4.5 to prompt me to give my file a name every time I save? I am using the Mac 64-bit version of RC3. I noticed it in RC2 as well.

In the 4.0 versions, DAZ would ask me to name the file the first time I saved in any session, even if it was a pre-existing file that I had just opened, and would remind me that I was about to overwrite a pre-existing file. Then on subsequent saves, it would just immediately save without any prompts. This was atypical compared to most applications, but fine.
Now, it asks me to type in the name for the file on every save, and there’s not even the current file name offered in the name field to help speed things, it’s simply blank, as if I’m creating the document for the very first time, every time.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 27 July 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2003-10-09
Storypilot - 27 July 2012 05:14 PM

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but is it correct behavior for 4.5 to prompt me to give my file a name every time I save? I am using the Mac 64-bit version of RC3. I noticed it in RC2 as well.

In the 4.0 versions, DAZ would ask me to name the file the first time I saved in any session, even if it was a pre-existing file that I had just opened, and would remind me that I was about to overwrite a pre-existing file. Then on subsequent saves, it would just immediately save without any prompts. This was atypical compared to most applications, but fine.
Now, it asks me to type in the name for the file on every save, and there’s not even the current file name offered in the name field to help speed things, it’s simply blank, as if I’m creating the document for the very first time, every time.

You will be prompted the same as if you had clicked File > Save As > Scene… each time you File > Save… unless the scene is identified as being previously saved by “you.” This is to help in preventing users from saving over the top of source scenes provided by someone else - i.e. “Ready to Render” scenes provided by DAZ 3D and/or Published Artists as part of a product/promo.

When you save, the information in Edit > Preferences… > General > Authorship Information: > Edit… is saved into the top of the scene file as the author of that file. If the Name: field in the Authorship Information dialog is empty, that empty value is saved as the author of the scene - i.e. it has no author. If a scene has no author, or “you” are not the author, you will be prompted. If however, the name for the author of the scene matches the name you have entered into the Authorship Information dialog, the save action will actually perform a Save rather than a Save As… because it then assumes you know that you are modifying a scene “you” made.

-Rob

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

2 of 10