Digital Art Zone

9 of 10
DAZ Studio 4.5 RC 3 Is Now Available for Download
Posted: 15 August 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2010-06-14

I might try the free trial of VMware. That might run it, I’ve read their opengl is better the virtual box. I honestly don’t know why one has to jump through hoops to do so. Seems a disclaimer stating running the same library with both programs could corrupt the library would be enough.

Posted: 15 August 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4775
Joined  2011-10-04

I hate to be cynic and pessimist, but my tech support experience says that people do not really read those disclaimers and then climb up to your face when something happens. :/

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 15 August 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2010-06-14
Skiriki - 15 August 2012 05:32 PM

I hate to be cynic and pessimist, but my tech support experience says that people do not really read those disclaimers and then climb up to your face when something happens. :/

I suppose,  but I suspect nothing good comes from treating people as if they’re incompetent.

Anyway, it worked fine on VMware and I was able to accomplish my simple task - export an texture atlas remapped genesis object from the new version. The uv’s are messed up on the 4.0.37 version. So I took the atlas remapped object from the new version and imported the uv’s into the old version and now texture atlas works for genesis in the old version.

Daz or someone might want to make the correctly remapped genesis object available to people using 4.0.37.

I’ll post the procedure in an appropriate place.

Posted: 15 August 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2006-01-26

somebody could confirm dynamiclothes being usable in 0.9x ver.?

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1312/
http://zilvergrafix.deviantart.com/

Posted: 15 August 2012 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10773
Joined  2007-11-06
Skiriki - 15 August 2012 12:55 AM
Kyoto Kid - 15 August 2012 12:49 AM

...does it still have issues with shoes, boots, and gloves?

Got any specific set you’d like me to test it on? (Warning: I may not have everything, so list couple of popular ones and I give it a go.) Overall, from what I’ve been testing with Gen 3 and Gen 4 clothes, things seem pretty neat.

...if you have the set, try the Billy Boots from Bad Kitteh’s Tool Girl.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 15 August 2012 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10773
Joined  2007-11-06
bigh - 15 August 2012 01:45 AM
Kyoto Kid - 14 August 2012 11:31 PM

...OK kind of late and not about to slog though eight pages so if the questions below are redundant, with earlier comments here, please excuse.

4.  What is the current state of the Studio4.5 -> Carrara8Pro Bridge?

4- no such thing

...I remember being able to send set ups created in Studio to Carrara 6.1. 

The floater bots and ‘baby floaters” in the pic below were set up and posed in Studio2.x before sending the scene to C6.1.

Image Attachments
Keeping_Tabs_by_KyotoKid.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 August 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4775
Joined  2011-10-04
Kyoto Kid - 15 August 2012 11:25 PM

...if you have the set, try the Billy Boots from Bad Kitteh’s Tool Girl.

Aw, sorry, no I don’t. :(

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 16 August 2012 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4632
Joined  2004-07-01
Kyoto Kid - 15 August 2012 11:31 PM
bigh - 15 August 2012 01:45 AM
Kyoto Kid - 14 August 2012 11:31 PM

...OK kind of late and not about to slog though eight pages so if the questions below are redundant, with earlier comments here, please excuse.

4.  What is the current state of the Studio4.5 -> Carrara8Pro Bridge?

4- no such thing

...I remember being able to send set ups created in Studio to Carrara 6.1. 

The floater bots and ‘baby floaters” in the pic below were set up and posed in Studio2.x before sending the scene to C6.1.

maybe then but not any more

Posted: 16 August 2012 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-04-28

I was testing out RC3 with the sample .bvh motion capture data from ipisoft.  Had some mesh poke through that I couldn’t control even by playing with the smoothing & iterations settings for an hour.  So there is still some room for improvement there, but overall it’s not too bad.  I also rendered with 3Delight’s motion blur on the default setting to see what would happen.  The default setting turned out to be a little strong.  I didn’t adjust the aniBlock either because I wanted to show the unadjusted result to someone on another forum.

http://youtu.be/0L7S3dj4ykY

Posted: 16 August 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4474
Joined  2004-08-11

Hmmm, the shaders I used were from the “Cloth” ones from the Supersuit and Mach Pack by Marieah. Miss M doesn’t mention Uber Surface in the store description but not sure about the Supersuit shaders…. Looking over the Supersuit’s product pages I don’t see the Uber Surface mentioned there either….

Wiseavatar - 15 August 2012 04:48 PM
RAMWolff - 15 August 2012 01:55 PM

Hmmm. just converted a pair of shoes to Genesis using the V4 fitting technique that was told to me.  Works great but of course it’s an older set so no DS mats for it (Miss DeeAnna J) so used Shaders instead.  I’ve noticed that the shader tiling, while it works, the preview is not updating to show the new size when tiling up or down.  Not sure if this is a bug or not but I tried about 4 shaders that use textures and none are doing real time updates as I move the slider back and forth. 

Can someone test this out and let me know so I can make a bug report if needed??

If the shader was ubersurface then the preview doesn’t update with the tiling.

Daz default shader (to my knowledge) is the only one that shows the effect of tiling in the preview.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-06-17
RAMWolff - 16 August 2012 08:36 AM

Hmmm, the shaders I used were from the “Cloth” ones from the Supersuit and Mach Pack by Marieah. Miss M doesn’t mention Uber Surface in the store description but not sure about the Supersuit shaders…. Looking over the Supersuit’s product pages I don’t see the Uber Surface mentioned there either….

Wiseavatar - 15 August 2012 04:48 PM
RAMWolff - 15 August 2012 01:55 PM

Hmmm. just converted a pair of shoes to Genesis using the V4 fitting technique that was told to me.  Works great but of course it’s an older set so no DS mats for it (Miss DeeAnna J) so used Shaders instead.  I’ve noticed that the shader tiling, while it works, the preview is not updating to show the new size when tiling up or down.  Not sure if this is a bug or not but I tried about 4 shaders that use textures and none are doing real time updates as I move the slider back and forth. 

Can someone test this out and let me know so I can make a bug report if needed??

If the shader was ubersurface then the preview doesn’t update with the tiling.

Daz default shader (to my knowledge) is the only one that shows the effect of tiling in the preview.

The shader used can be identified at the top of the surfaces tab.

Im pretty sure that the supersuit uses Daz Default, Uber surface and Furify shaders if not more.

Image Attachments
dssc.jpg

Posted: 16 August 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-06-17

Could anyone tell me what is the best/fastest way to remove unwanted morphs from Transfer/Autofitted clothing.

The transferred morphs are dialing in automatically with morphs contained in the actor tab.

So for example the genesis Voluptous dial transfers the genesis morph but also increases the V4 voluptous morph on the clothing.

Posted: 16 August 2012 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-08-17

ok here’s a question long b4 i even try installing the dl of the latest release that is in today’s email notice.  in the description page it says you can dl the content separately yet there is no dl link as to where you can find the content file dl.  so the question is is there a link or location for it or is it a tease

Posted: 16 August 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4632
Joined  2004-07-01
the halfdragon - 16 August 2012 03:25 PM

ok here’s a question long b4 i even try installing the dl of the latest release that is in today’s email notice.  in the description page it says you can dl the content separately yet there is no dl link as to where you can find the content file dl.  so the question is is there a link or location for it or is it a tease

its on the way !!!

Posted: 16 August 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-08-17

cool cool

9 of 10