Digital Art Zone

Bald Effect?
Posted: 24 July 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2012-07-05

I’m trying to create a bald character and found I can adjust the translation (position) and scale of a hair style to submerge the top part into the skull.  The effect is just a ring of hair around the ears and back.  So far so good, but for some reason the hair snaps back over the whole head when I render or make other adjustments to the character (even just rotating around it.)  It’s like the hair is reloading and snapping back to the whole scalp.  Any tips on making a bald character?

Posted: 24 July 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7772
Joined  2004-07-21

Which software are you using and which figure?

Sounds like you want an old guy’s almost there hair something like what Patrick Stewart has. (Not the young Patrick but the more recent version)

I know someone has made a hairstyle like that or I think one has. Not sure for which figure or where it is.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 24 July 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-09-06

You might want to check out the Mitch Hair in the freebies section at aprilsvanity.com - seems like what you may be looking for.

Posted: 24 July 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7772
Joined  2004-07-21
simulacraft - 24 July 2012 10:32 PM

You might want to check out the Mitch Hair in the freebies section at aprilsvanity.com - seems like what you may be looking for.

http://shop.aprilsvanity.com/-free-items/mitch-hair/prod_94.html

That should be it.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 25 July 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2012-07-05

Thanks for the pointers.  I’m on Daz…thus posting in the Daz forum…and using Genesis.  I downloaded that Mitch hair and it’s not bad.  I was using Timeless as there are a variety of colors for it.  To get my Picard effect, I need grey hair.  Can you apply a color for one hair to another?  I haven’t found a way to make that work.