Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Jepe’s DAZ M4 Character MAT Updates + free lightset
Posted: 03 August 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2006-04-05

Thanks for these updates, I and my Poser Pro 2012 thank you.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 03 August 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ Q/A is currently working to incorporate all these updates into the product installers. I will leave a note here of course when the work is done, all you need to do then would be to find the products in the purchase history in your account to be able to reset it.

Btw, I’ve made new promo images for Vasco with the new PoserPro 2012 skin settins, take a look here:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jepes-vasco/

Posted: 28 August 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2011-06-17

I need to ask a question, maybe I’m not doing something right (which is probably the case). I just bought the M4 Body hair. How do I work it? I mean when I try to add the facial hairs the face disappears and leave a floating moustache/beard or even the body disappears at the chest when adding body hair. How does it work? I’m still new at Daz and learning…about MAT, Textures etc…

Posted: 28 August 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Which program do you work with, DAZ Studio or Poser? Which version?

Posted: 28 August 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2011-06-17

I am working with the Daz 4.5..I tried it in ver 3 and got the same thing

Posted: 28 August 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

That’s really nice to hear, because that make things easier.
At first I would recommend you take a little time to read the Readme and the Product Documentation that were delivered with Project M4 Hairy to get a slightly overview about the content and how it works. I’m sorry, it is necessary, because the product is a little complex with a variety of options.
Second, if you work with DS 4.5 - do the following, build up your M4 character like you would normally do, load M4 into the scene, give him a morph and a texture and maybe also a pose already. You can also use Genesis of course, but you must make sure that he’s in the M4 UV Mapping mode. Then you can create a geometry shell via the “Create” menue. This geometry shell is like a second skin around the main character and it’s there to to take the MATs from the M4 Hairy project - first Body Hair, then face hair - in that order. You don’t need any of the Utility poses becasue the shell already has an offset from the original skin set.
Project M4 Hairy is generally meant to work on a second figure that lays above the main figure. In Poser for instance you simply duplicate the first figure, apply the Bodyhair Utility Pose on that second figure and then use the MATs to get body hair on it with the original skin looking through. In DS3 you would simply built up your character, save it then as a scene and “Merge” this scene (File Menu) again into the existing scene to get an exact copy of the main figure which you then can apply the Bodyhair Morph and MATs.
Is this somehow understandable?

2 of 2