Digital Art Zone

Has there ever been a Carrara 3d express update?
Posted: 23 July 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-18

Title says it all. 

I do realize that new versions of carrara got released.  I did at one point purchase one of the newer versions but since it was soooo riddled with bugs I asked for a refund and I’m glad I did as it seems the update for that was just now released.  I don’t even know what to say about that.

However I did purchase the express version for some quick rendering outside of Poser or C4D and I do like many of the features.  Even though it was only something like 20 or 30 dollars when I bought it I would still expect Daz to be supporting the product. 

So the question is, was there an update that I missed or was this buggy program just released and then forgotten about like the others?  Daz I do love you but you are not inspiring much confidence in your customers.  I can’t see spending hundreds on a program from you if the low end ones don’t even work right or warrant your attention.  Please tell me I missed an update.

Posted: 23 July 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4771
Joined  2004-07-01
jjroland - 23 July 2012 08:51 PM

Title says it all. 

I do realize that new versions of carrara got released.  I did at one point purchase one of the newer versions but since it was soooo riddled with bugs I asked for a refund and I’m glad I did as it seems the update for that was just now released.  I don’t even know what to say about that.

However I did purchase the express version for some quick rendering outside of Poser or C4D and I do like many of the features.  Even though it was only something like 20 or 30 dollars when I bought it I would still expect Daz to be supporting the product. 

So the question is, was there an update that I missed or was this buggy program just released and then forgotten about like the others?  Daz I do love you but you are not inspiring much confidence in your customers.  I can’t see spending hundreds on a program from you if the low end ones don’t even work right or warrant your attention.  Please tell me I missed an update.

not that I know of - what version do you have ?
you could try a reset and see if its newer than what you have .

Posted: 24 July 2012 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3246
Joined  2007-06-22

IIRC they abandoned it. Its sitting in my itemised history somewhere too.

Posted: 24 July 2012 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06

There was a C7Express, but nothing since then.  I doubt C7E is for sale any more.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 24 July 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

I bought it, twice. LOL!

C7.2 is very stable, but as I recall C7E did not get those full updates (but I may not be correct on that)...

Unfortunately even though it should have been a gateway to Carrara content, Express was still too much Carrara for casual users so it generated more complaints than it was probably worth. Rather than giving people a taste of Carrara’s render engine and shaders at a stupifying price, it gave newbies a program cheap enough to discard when they didn’t instantly “get” it. The forums were flooded with drive by haters.

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists