Disappointment..
Posted: 25 July 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2003-11-24
DanaTA - 25 July 2012 12:24 PM
MADMANMIKE - 25 July 2012 12:16 PM

lol
...In essence, I was logged into the store, but not the message boards… I had to log out of the store and relog in to post this. Good thing I don’t use a public connection, anyone could use my store account.. of course they wouldn’t be able to post here…:long:

Another issue that has been here pretty much the whole ten weeks.  At least it doesn’t show you another user’s name anymore!  rolleyes

Dana

That’s the very first time that’s happened to me..

ManStan - 25 July 2012 02:03 PM

Skipped a lot of this.

But for me for the last year DAZ has become synonymous with disappoint.  About the only thing DAZ has done lately with out issues, is released content at a price I can’t afford for a figure I don’t use. One good thing, DAZ has saved me some money this year.

Been there on the workman’s comp too. I have arthritis, hard griping or repeated gripping is excruciating.  I went on workman’s comp and after a couple of weeks my employer called me offering me work. They thought since I turned it down they were off the hook for workman’s, problem was they offered me the job back that had screwed my hands up to begin with and they knew damn good and well I couldn’t do. Workman’s comp wasn’t impressed.

There is no other job for them to offer me. My boss owns about 14 delivery routes, and the job is deliver the packages. Driving, lifting, carrying, and moving fast; that’s the only job they have.  I could have gone back to work on light duty 11 weeks ago if there were a light duty job.

Technically, I can drive, lift, and carry, but the moving fast is the problem (not to mention Stamina, which is what caused the accident in the first place). With Arthritis in my big toe, and the carbon-fiber shoe insert that I’ve been prescribed, there will always be a limp and no moving fast.  I can do about 2.5mph on the treadmill with effort, but my route was on a lake with driveways that averaged 30 to 45 degrees; that’s just too steep for me anymore.

-Mike

Posted: 28 July 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi Mike

Really sorry to read you were injured!! I wish you the best.
And I agree with you btw! I found the old forums a wonderful place and was involved in quite a few threads with you. Never a problem with ordering or downloading either.
The current mess is unfortunate for us- AND Daz.

“Things are often more golden in our memories than they were in reality.”

— Morgan

You can say that all you like, but I never had any of those problems. I was never logged out (as I am all the time now), my downloads always worked fine, never had a problem making or processing a purchase, and the search always worked (unlike now; when I put my name in to search the topics I participate in, THIS thread doesn’t come up…).

Of course, I’ve always used Firefox on a Mac, so I rarely have any troubles anywhere I go… until this fiasco…

Posted: 30 July 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Congratulations DAZ, your marketing department has succeeded in turning you into Renderosity, but without the great freebies section.. The amount of junk mail so-called “sale” flyers coming to my email is now on par with all the store flyers from Rendo.

I guess it makes sense to up the mailings, since they’ve turned us off of the forums with this hideous setup….

Posted: 31 July 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1827
Joined  2008-05-31
RCDeschene - 24 July 2012 10:05 AM

The site may have been great and perfectly functional to us, the consumers. but keep it so was literally a 24 hour job for the site team to manage and keep stable. DAZ wanted to make improvements and add more features to enhance customer experience. This new “out of the box” site has these forums and because of that, the two departments are very close together.

The forum just seem like an unfinished piece of software, with different features missing or malfunctioning (for example, I noticed yesterday that when you send a message in the PM section there’s no copy in the Sent box). I’ve installed and been running several forums of different other types, all of them have been fully functional by default.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 31 July 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6117
Joined  2005-04-16
Taozen - 31 July 2012 04:49 PM
RCDeschene - 24 July 2012 10:05 AM

The site may have been great and perfectly functional to us, the consumers. but keep it so was literally a 24 hour job for the site team to manage and keep stable. DAZ wanted to make improvements and add more features to enhance customer experience. This new “out of the box” site has these forums and because of that, the two departments are very close together.

The forum just seem like an unfinished piece of software, with different features missing or malfunctioning (for example, I noticed yesterday that when you send a message in the PM section there’s no copy in the Sent box). I’ve installed and been running several forums of different other types, all of them have been fully functional by default.

You sent a PM yesterday?  I tried to reply to one today, and when I clicked send, I got an error “One or more of the recipients is invalid.”  I even tried to clear it and choose it from their list of usernames...same error.

As for the copy in the sent box, there is a checkbox just above the send button that you have to check to save a copy.  I think this should be a default checked…many people either don’t notice it or forget to check it. 

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 31 July 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31
DanaTA - 31 July 2012 06:19 PM

You sent a PM yesterday?  I tried to reply to one today, and when I clicked send, I got an error “One or more of the recipients is invalid.”  I even tried to clear it and choose it from their list of usernames...same error.

As for the copy in the sent box, there is a checkbox just above the send button that you have to check to save a copy.  I think this should be a default checked…many people either don’t notice it or forget to check it. 

Dana

Actually mine was also a reply to another PM.

And you’re right - didn’t see that checkbox. And I agree, it should be checked be default.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 31 July 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

A lot of things should be, but aren’t.  We’re coming up on 11 weeks tomorrow!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 31 July 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

I think that if they fixed the things that was fast and easy to fix first, the list of problems and the number of complaints would be reduced faster.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 31 July 2012 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Yeah.  But I have a feeling that some of the bigger things may break some of the little things when they are fixed.  I’m just really not impressed with this software.  I would never suggest it to anyone!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 04 May 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

So I’ve got a new computer and am struggling to tweak everything to my liking.. I had forgotten how ugly the boards are here because someone turned me on to GreaseMonkey and I was able to color it..

So I searched for GreaseMonkey on the forums here and this thread came up, but it’s not the thread with the link I need..

I’ve reread all of this and am curious how everyone feels about the boards now a year later.. For me the site is more stable, but I still have the ‘must log out of store to log into forums’ problem..

And on the personal side, the doctor determined I could not go back to work in my previous field and should get vocational training on August 3rd; Work comp changed reps on me again a couple of weeks later and made me wait until October 29th to get a “Vocational Rehabilitation Evaluation”.  They then made me wait until December 24th to notify me that they wanted to settle and the hearing would be on March 8th.

Again they changed reps on me in this time.. I had to reschedule my final one year follow up with the Doctor because of financial issues (it takes Work Comp upwards of six weeks to reimburse for travel expenses and the doctor is over 100 miles away), and it was a good thing, because they stopped paying me the day I did see the doctor.. My appointment was originally scheduled for December 8th but had to be moved off to February 1st, so I managed to get almost two more months of pay before I was staring down the barrel of destitution..

Fortunately we got our tax return and were able to compensate with that (and my wife’s bonus from work) until the hearing.. which Work Comp didn’t show up for!  In late January I received a notice that the hearing had been canceled, and on the same day a separate notice that it wasn’t canceled but rather moved to a different venue. Because the two notices came separately, the insurance company was able to claim they only received the cancelation and not send representation..

So I had to wait until April 18th for my hearing. When it came the lawyer and the Judge kept telling me that I didn’t have to settle, that I had the right to go before a judge and jury to state my case for a larger settlement (The offer on the table was the bare minimum required by the state for my 18% total body disability and did not include anything for the vocational training I need).  I had to point out to them the difference between choices and viable options. I needed the money a month earlier and could not afford to go without it another day.

So the lawyer tacked on an additional 20% (leaving me with about one tenth of what I should have gotten) and I washed my hands of the whole thing. The Judge explained that up until 2005 the laws in Missouri were in favor of the employee, and after they were in favor of the employer and the insurance company.

I’ve found a job that pays one third of what I made before and will have to (reluctantly) file for disability to make up the difference. Meanwhile I’m looking into going to college for the first time in my life at 39 years old.  The job is great though, I’m an adult chaperone for young adults who cannot completely take care of themselves; I’ve got two Aspies and a full autistic and we have a good time playing video games, watching TV and talking about how hard it is to deal with Neurotypicals (I have Asperger’s Syndrome myself so I get them better than the others).

If I could just find a copy of Photoshop that would work for me I’d be set.. My CS2 won’t load on this new computer…

Posted: 04 May 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Well, coming up quickly on one year!  (the 16th)  Is it better?  Yes.  Is it good?  Still remains to be seen.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, Mike.  I hope you can get things going for you in your favor.  It’s sad that the laws have been changed to favor big business and insurance companies.  Guess who has more money to lobby with?  It’s not you or me!

Dana

Signature 

4 of 4