Here’s a link to an animation I created using spare time during the past couple of months. It started out as a Carrara movie. But I became interested in iClone (for its real-time preview and fast rendering (even though it does not support network rendering)) and decided to use this project to learn it. So, the first 2 minutes were created and rendered in Carrara, but the remaining minutes were rendered in iClone.
I used this project to play with Carrara’s ocean primitive, Digital Carver’s Terrain Tools, as well as to learn iClone and to see how my Lego characters would import into it. Initially, the facial animation did not work in iClone. This was caused by how I rigged the characters. Their faces did not have bones to animate eyes, mouth, etc. I used morph targets that had altered vertices. For iClone I had to add face bones to the rigs.
I purchased iClone a few weeks ago. Please let me know what you think of my first attempt to use it (used to create the last 4 and a half minutes).