Digital Art Zone

28 of 28
Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is…..
Posted: 15 August 2014 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-08-13

Hi All,

Well, I am new to DAZ 3D, but am old… older than most here, I would suggest.  69 years tomorrow. 

I am here because I want to use DAZ 3D to create a 3D object that represents an old master painting.  It is my thought to use that model to have a sculpture 3D printed.  I have a lot of questions and am just not struggling with the example videos. 

If there is someone out there who would like to learn more about my particular interest and would be willing to mentor, I would love to hear from you.  Feel free to drop me a line. 

In any case, have fun and make art.

Posted: 15 August 2014 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15942
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi wehrmacher

Don’t be so sure that you are older than some of the forum members, although I admit most will possibly be younger.

For a start, do be aware that at this particular point in time DAZ 3D are not allowing 3D printing.  The EULA does say

The creation of three-dimensional physical images (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only by User’s purchase from DAZ, via the User’s online DAZ store account, of permission to deliver User’s derived works (art), including necessary Content, to an entity that creates three-dimensional images in a physical medium. User may then deliver User’s art in file format to that third party to have three-dimensional physical images printed or created, up to the limitations set forth in the online DAZ Store as delineated on the purchase page associated with the permission purchased. These limitations govern (i) personal and/or commercial use of the three-dimensional physical or printed images; and (ii) the quantity of three dimensional physical or printed images allowed.

But to date there is no 3D license available.

Next point is we have a New Users Help Forum, specifically designed to help New Users get to grips with their New Software in a friendly and helpful way.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/97/

Do visit us there and ask any questions that you have.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 August 2014 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-08-13

Thanks,

I appreciate the quick reply.  I expect I will continue to play with DAZ 3D.  It seems to be capable of making, with an artist’s help, some remarkable art.

Posted: 22 August 2014 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-07-05

Hello my name is Chris but my screen name is Ranzzlee on this site. I have been drawing for years (I’m 47) and was very happy to get this software and be able to fuel my imagination with these wonderful 3D models and items. I am enjoying creating this kind of art as well as seeing others who are doing the same.cheese

Posted: 23 August 2014 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6618
Joined  2005-08-15

Hello Chris, and welcome to the DAZ 3D forums!

I hope you are enjoying your work with DAZ Studio, and if you have any questions, we are always here on the New Users forum to help you.  Hope to see you on the forums.

Posted: 27 August 2014 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-08-27

I learned about Daz3d when I was scavenging on Google for character modeling software that can be downloaded with ease.

Even though I’m a newcomer at character-modeling, a major motivation behind me wanting to do it is because I’m interested in qualifying to later on become a game developer at Capcom Vancouver.

Posted: 28 August 2014 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

Hello, and welcome Fikachu.

Plenty of characters to work with here, although they are a bit high poly for game use, but the principles are the same.  Make sure to download and install the Genesis Starter Essentials bundles which come free with DS4.6, and the other free things that come with it too.

If you need any help, we can always be found on the New Users Help forum.

See you on the forums smile

Posted: 28 August 2014 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2950
Joined  2004-10-25
chohole - 15 August 2014 12:43 PM

Don’t be so sure that you are older than some of the forum members

Yes, what she said.  cool smirk

Welcome to the DAZ 3D Forums.  cool smile

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 15 September 2014 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-08-17

Hello, my name is Tiffani and this is my second try at Daz3d (tried before when v3 and millennium characters were in, I think). I am a photography enthusiast (I guess, still got a lot to learn). I love graphic design, and graphic/photography/art manipulation. Thanks for all you do, I am very inspired .

Posted: 16 September 2014 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

Hello Tiffani, and welcome to the forums smile

We have plenty of members here willing to help, so don’t be stuck.  Have a look at the New Users Forum, DAZ Studio has advanced quite a bit over the years, and you may find posting there helpful.

See you on the forums!

Posted: 17 September 2014 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5410
Joined  2006-08-27
Fikachu - 27 August 2014 08:31 PM

I learned about Daz3d when I was scavenging on Google for character modeling software that can be downloaded with ease.

Even though I’m a newcomer at character-modeling, a major motivation behind me wanting to do it is because I’m interested in qualifying to later on become a game developer at Capcom Vancouver.

Welcome!

As you become more familiar with the concept of 3D figures, lighting and rigging, you will eventually find that you need to move beyond DAZ Studio to integrate 3D modeling into your work, if that is the direction you wish to go.

Fortunately, DAZ 3D has some other 3D creation software titles in its stable of software that offers numerous ways to expand your craft.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

28 of 28

DAZ 3D Forum FAQ ]