Digital Art Zone

15 of 28
Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is…..
Posted: 06 February 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2013-02-04

*peeks in shyly*

I’m mostly known as Mori. Let’s keep it that way for consitency’s sake. Not that I am very consistent in anything but that, mind you!

I am one of those people who was never stopped by a complete lack of artistic talent. I dabble in the customizing of My Little Ponies, I write horrid stories (and when the mood grabs me, poetry, too - gods have mercy) and I always loved drawing, even if nothing ever even remotely resembles the subject I was going for. Apart from that, I look for new stuff to try out from time to time and I’ve always been highly curious about 3D art stuffs. Not in the last place because a good friend of mine does amazing things with that.

So, that’s why I’m here. Mostly curiosity and couldn’t resist trying DAZ for free. I even put some stuff on my wishlist for later purchase once I get the hang of it smile Hope you people don’t mind me hanging around!

Signature 

Of everyone I knew
I’m sure you knew me best
And I’ll never think of you
as someone from the past

Feel free to visit me at http://morimann.deviantart.com/

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2880
Joined  2004-10-25

Hey Mori, don’t be shy, we won’t take a bite out of you.  grin

We’re basically a friendly (and helpful) bunch here on the DAZ forums, so join all the other “newbies” in the New Users Help Forum —> http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/97/

Just post any questions you have, and I’m sure there will be someone who will be able to answer your question.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 06 February 2013 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi folks.
I’m not exactly new here. Been around since before Daz was here. I used to buy my models from Zygote. Anyway for many reasons I have been out of touch for several years. I am getting back into things and might as well be a newbie considering how much has changed.
I used to post in the old forum but lost all my info during the change over. Since my post count is gone, I thought I would say hello (again) for my first message count.
I would say I am a Poser junky but I am now really enjoying Daz Studio. I am finding Carrara pretty cool too. The price for the software was pretty cool too. wink

Roger

Signature 

http://rfkahn.deviantart.com/

Posted: 06 February 2013 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2006-03-19

Welcome back. If you have any questions be sure to join us in the New Users Forum

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 07 February 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

Welcome back Roger.  Looks like you joined about a year before I did, and yes a lot has changed.  As Frank said, come post in the New Users Forum —> http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/97/ with any questions you have.  Look forward to seeing some of your artwork.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 07 March 2013 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-03-04

Hello, my name is Yulle (Julia).  Im from Russia.
I am a film editor, working on films and TV-shows.

But now I want to try something new. 3D modelling, why not!  smile
I’m beginner in this art and I plane to ask maaany questions. And I hope, that my not so well english help me to understand your answers.
First of it: what is the average time do you spent on one of these works that I saw in your beautiful gallery?
Thanks for answers or links

Posted: 07 March 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

Welcome to the DAZ forums Yulle, and welcome to your latest addiction.  grin

Don’t be shy if you have any questions to ask, and your English isn’t that bad at all.  Those new to 3D and these forums usually spend time in the New Users Help Forum  —> http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/97/ where there are a number of friendly folks able and willing to help.

As far as how long a project can take, that depends on the project, how involved it is, and to tell the truth it also depends on how long you’ve been doing this.  As you get more practice at working with 3D software, the easier some things will be for you, and therefore will take less time.  I’ve been at it for over 10 years, and there are times when I still get stumped if I’m trying to do something I’ve not done before, or have done a long time ago so I have to “refresh” my memory on how to get it done.

Signature 

Posted: 12 March 2013 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  646
Joined  2012-12-30

Hello everyone, it’s good to meet you.  I’ve been wanting to say hi for a while. Richard kindly fixed my username in-between doing all the other things that come his way, so here I am. smile

I got my hands on DAZ and Hexagon at the beginning of the year and was immediately hooked. This is my first real experience of 3D software and I’ve been sharing my adventures over on my blog (links allowed? I guess someone will remove it if not).

“Unique and lovable?” Now you’ve made me blush. As for what inspires me, I love dance and this is a theme that is emerging in my renders. Creating poses is so much fun, I think I could spend all day every day on it. I also love the idea of making my own outfits for my new Genesis family and made a start with Fugazi’s excellent tutorials.

The more I learn, the more I discover I have to learn. I have a lot of respect for those of you making professional content as I glimpse how much art and knowledge is involved. I have even more respect for the people sharing tutorials and advice in the forums. I’m sure there are many of us who would have given up without your patient and helpful words.

Oh and special thanks to Miss B, Frank and others here for making us newbies feel welcome. smile

Signature 

Head on over to Art Studio for Novica and Invited Contributors Tips and Reviews
External links: What I’ve been doing as a Blender Citizen member | Historic Sale and Deal Data (updated daily) 

Posted: 12 March 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

Well I’m gad you feel welcome, as that’s what these forums are all about.

I took a look through your blog, and it looks like you’ve getting a handle on working in 3D.  I look forward to seeing your 3D work here on the forums.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 12 March 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-03-20

Thought I’d drop in a hello.  Been a lurker for a long time, was a Poser user going all the way back to version 1.0.  I work in Prepress, workflows, color management, offset and flexo printing.  I spent a long time as the photoshop retoucher (yup, used version 1.0 of Photoshop all the way up to the current.)  I’m the guy that knows what all those fashion models really look like. 

Stopped doing the retouching thing a few year ago to concentrate on workflows, but I needed a creative outlet.  Thank you Daz Studio.  Just recently started posting up some images in the Facebook page.  Nothing special, just ideas that needed an outlet.

So, in short Hello, and I’ll still be lurking about.

Posted: 13 March 2013 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

Welcome to the DAZ forums, and to your latest addiction.  Don’t be shy about posting some of your renders in the New User Contests and Events Forum, and if you have questions, do visit the New Users Help Forum as there are a lot of friendly helpful folks who hang out there.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 13 March 2013 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  646
Joined  2012-12-30
Miss B - 12 March 2013 02:04 PM

Well I’m gad you feel welcome, as that’s what these forums are all about.

I took a look through your blog, and it looks like you’ve getting a handle on working in 3D.  I look forward to seeing your 3D work here on the forums.  wink

Thanks Miss B, both for the welcome and the blog visit. As you see, I really did start from square 1 and still haven’t gone very far from it. However, progress is slow but steady, I think. Not sure I feel brave (or skilled) enough to post my work here yet but the challenges look fun and might tempt me.

Signature 

Head on over to Art Studio for Novica and Invited Contributors Tips and Reviews
External links: What I’ve been doing as a Blender Citizen member | Historic Sale and Deal Data (updated daily) 

Posted: 13 March 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

You shouldn’t feel that way.  There are WIP threads for each of the New User challenges, and you can get good critique and suggestions on how to improve, so it will be beneficial.  grin

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2013 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2012-09-30

Hrmmm, I am tardy or unobservant and only just found this thread. My name is Kataryna or Sue or Snoo I will answer to any. I’m strictly a hobbyist in regards to the whole 3D scene. I’d like to say thanks to everyone (to many to count) who’d been such a help around her since I started posting to the forums in January. You guys are a surprisingly affirming and supportive community.

I have some renders up on my deviant art account (amidst my other art)  http://snoosart.deviantart.com/
I have perpetual problems with lighting but have gotten some good hints and tips here for correcting them, thanks Scott and others… I haven’t done corrections to any of the previous pictures yet…. I’m having much too much fun learning to make things in Hexagon.

I’m mostly using Daz in regards to the table-top role playing games I run, in order to give my players pictures of the characters in question. Most of what I do is fantasy or near future-magical based type things. This leads to an eclectic set of interests and a real bad addiction to shopping at the store here.

Posted: 17 March 2013 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
kataryna_dragonweaver - 17 March 2013 01:42 PM

I’m mostly using Daz in regards to the table-top role playing games I run, in order to give my players pictures of the characters in question. Most of what I do is fantasy or near future-magical based type things. This leads to an eclectic set of interests and a real bad addiction to shopping at the store here.

Forgive my Snip of your Post, Snoo. I too started DS for role playing but found myself in the other types of renders very fast. I peeked at your gallery on DA. Let me know when you go back and do Family with the lighting you have learned.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

15 of 28

DAZ 3D Forum FAQ ]