Digital Art Zone

2 of 28
Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is…..
Posted: 28 May 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2007-04-10

The monkey has seen what he must do…This is me, Takezo3001, (Yes I do change my Avatars a lot, but they usually follow a theme) I’ve been a 3D artist/hobbyist since I got a free Poser 3 that came from a CD with PC magazine…I still have the bruised & Bashed CD even to this day! I remember when I first started using the program, and rendered my very first scene I actually thought;  “You know what would be cool? If I could make a bunch of these scenes and upload them, this has never been done before, just think, I will be the first!” ....Little did I know…

Image Attachments
!_THE_CIMMERIAN_100x100.jpg
Geralt_7-100x100.jpg
!_TZOKHEGIN2.jpg
 Signature 

^                      ^
This is my avatar…

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  133
Joined  2008-05-26

Hello!  My name is Lulu.  I am an accountant by day and a 3D Graphics hobbyist by night.  I hail from the east coast part of the US and live 15 minutes away from the new Giants Stadium. DAZ Studio was the very first graphics program I ever used and from the moment I accidentally stumbled on it over 5 years ago, I was hooked.  I am now learning how to use Poser and other similar programs.

I enjoy browsing the forums as I have found many very useful tips from everyone.  My hats off to all who take the time to create things and make them available to the community for free.  And to the community volunteers -  many of you contribute so much to the forums and I for one am very grateful to all of you.

Signature 

Never let ‘em see you sweat wink

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-05-05

G’day.

I am Greg and I live in Australia.
Have been a bryce a holic since version five.
I like geometric type movies made with the usual shapes…cones, spheres, cubes and so on.
Have down loaded Hexigon and Studio4, more as creative adjuncts to Bryce than as stand alones.
I’ve asked a question in another forum about saving or playing bryce .AVI files for further work in video editing programs.
Hope to chat to all of you here and there.

Greg

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16095
Joined  2003-10-09
GregInOz - 29 May 2012 04:14 AM

G’day.

I am Greg and I live in Australia.

I would never have guessed that, rolleyes

Not sure If I should join in on this thread.

Hi, I am Pam, normally known as chohole, and I am one of those dreaded people who try to keep order in the community.  I did used to have a trusty club to assist, but it is currently not available.
When I get time off from doing that I am usually lost in Bryce.

Image Attachments
Choavianime.gif
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 May 2012 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1822
Joined  2005-06-08

Hi!  I’m KickAir 8P~ (formerly BethQQQ), and I’ve been a DAZStudio user and Platinum Club member for over five years now (don’t be too impressed — I’ve been a slow learner).  I also use GIMP and Blender.  I originally got into this to illustrate fanfichaven’t done too much of that, but I’ve enjoyed myself!

Here I am on:
deviantART
AO3 (aka Archive Of Our Own)
g+
DreamWidth
LiveJournal
tumblr (this one’s vehemently Not Safe For Work, people!)

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 29 May 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2006-09-27

Hi all!  Here I am Zelroth in rl I’m known as Kat.  I am a frequent lurker and occasional (?) poster.  When I make comments about a blond day or blond moment - I am laughing at the “dumb blond” stereotype and taking advantage of it as a natural blond.  I don’t post Images too often because it seems to take me FOREVER to get a version that I like.  I am very self-critical of my own art, but nicer about others.  What inspires me?  Not any one thing in particular.  Sometimes a movie, a render, song, book, doodle, bored brain syndrome (usually occurs at work LOL )  I currently have only one pet, my dog Pipper and she often distracts me from doing what I should do creatively.  I found DAZ 3D when I first got into Poser, but I have found Studio to be more to my liking and have been a loyal member of DAZ3D for a number of years.

I am a DAZAHOLIC!!! I admit it and I DO NOT want to change.

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings all,

Most people call me Wulfric or Wulf (I think I have another, but even my parents and wife don’t use it often). I’m a software developer and web designer by trade and I’ve always had an interest graphic design. I started rendering in DAZ Studio in February, which was my first foray into graphics unless you count minor photo manipulation in GIMP or a little VRML experimentation back in the early 90s. At this point I am seriously hooked, but I’m trying to keep my enthusiasm and over-abundance of free time from resulting in prolific numbers of renders.

Image Attachments
keepingbusyAvatar.jpg
 Signature 

Wulfric

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2005-09-23

Hello all, I am Chikako,! Since we get to start afresh with a fresh, untrampled forum, Ill say a few things about my background. Ive been involved in the general Poser community since around 2001.

I spend about half my time in localization. Ive localized a number of software applications, but started off localizing games from the Super Nintendo era (I should say SuperFamicon). If you recall old titles like Bonk, Air Zonk, Dungeon Master III, those all passed through my first business when I lived in Japan.

Since we are starting afresh - Ill give a few facts many people don’t know. Im Japanese, but live in the USA. I am a woman (people often assume I am not, because I am married to Lynn, who is a man) and I am a mom. English isn’t my first language.

Signature 

chikako

Meshbox Design, Art Director
Content Creators Guild (3D News, Product Releases)
FREE Toon People SlimGirl and SlimBoy Models

Posted: 30 May 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2095
Joined  2003-10-09

Name : LycanthropeX / MasterWolf
Planet of Origin: Unknown
Favorite Music: Industrial Metal / NDH
Favorite Bands: Rammstein, Oomph!, Marylin Manson, Otep
Favorite Artists: Salvador Dali, H.R. Giger, Hieronymus Bosch, Peter Paul Rubens, Gustav Dore, M.C. Escher, Frank Frazetta, Boris Valejo. and more
Favorite Movie Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy
Favorite Movies: King Kong (1933), This Island Earth, Forbidden Planet, The Mechanic, Reservoir Dogs, Sin City, Frankenstein, Anything with Ray Harryhausen’s creatures, Planet of the Apes, Conan, Beast Master.
Artist Bio: Began drawing at a very early age, around 2 or so. Continues to draw. After High School was a freelance cartoonist and freelance artist. Got into 3D art in my early 20s. Started with Terragen, then Bryce, then Poser.
Other Stuff: Loves animals, especially creepy and or potentially dangerous animals, snakes ( especially pythons ), tarantulas, scorpions, other giant bugs, various reptiles, vultures, bats etc.
I tend to live a bit like the Adams Family, there are usually various skeletons and dismembered body parts around my house. I often have a gallon or 2 of blood in my fridge ( never know when you will need it ). I dress in black, I have just always been drawn to the dark macabre side of things. Even as a small child my drawings were of monsters and skeletons, demons and such… nothing really has changed much. I play chess, I enjoy reading, I love learning new things, I love science, I love cooking

So that is probably more about me than anyone really wants to know.

Posted: 30 May 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh yeah, I also have giant mutant space spiders in my head. I have medical proof of that. I told my doctor about the giant mutant space spiders and he said they were ALL in my head. All of em, they’re in there,

Posted: 30 May 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2010-12-13
LycanthropeX - 30 May 2012 03:14 PM

Oh yeah, I also have giant mutant space spiders in my head. I have medical proof of that. I told my doctor about the giant mutant space spiders and he said they were ALL in my head. All of em, they’re in there,

ROFL! Careful now, if they really are giant spiders, we’d have to accuse you of having a swelled head. wink

Remember the 1955 movie “Tarantula”? Now that was a giant mutant spider! Know who the jet pilot was at the end when they bombed it? Clint Eastwood!!!

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 30 May 2012 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I love that movie, and yup I new Clint Eastwood was the jet pilot

you really want to have fun, look for Leonard Nimoy in Them!

Posted: 30 May 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2010-12-13
LycanthropeX - 30 May 2012 10:38 PM

I love that movie, and yup I new Clint Eastwood was the jet pilot

you really want to have fun, look for Leonard Nimoy in Them!

Hee, hee. And Leonard Nimoy was in Outer limits: Production and Decay of Strange Particles. He had to reach into a highly radioactive area to prevent a disaster. Wait a minute, I’ve seen that before. No, later. No before!

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Nimoy and Shatner apeared together in an episode of Man from Uncle shortly before they went on to do Star Trek

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I think we hijacked the thread lol

2 of 28

DAZ 3D Forum FAQ ]