Digital Art Zone

1 of 28
Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is…..
Posted: 17 April 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We’d be very pleased to meet you!

Posted: 24 May 2012 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2009-01-12

Hello every peeples from every places, grin

What inspires me? most everything I see but, achieving it is another matter.

I spend very little creative time nowadays hence, I mainly rely on single character images [cos’ they only take me an hour]. I really enjoy seeing all those multi-character/object images [if only I that kinda of patience]....those guys must spend hours on them.
However, I do love the competitions and challenges so, maybe the “Daz upstairs people” could organize a few more of those for me…:lol:

Daz user for around 3 years and Adobe Photoshop user from “Adobe Pen & paper” days.
I’m an Adobe forum member and at one time DVD/Blu-Ray cover artist.

Posted: 24 May 2012 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2429
Joined  2007-12-07

* taps mic *
Hello, is this thing on? smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 24 May 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-07

Hello, my name is Josue and I’ve been using Daz for a few months. I have been learning how to use it with the help of the online tutorials. I am a recent grad, just got my associate’s in graphic design and I’ve been wanting to get into the comic book industry for years. I wanted to get Daz because it’s such a great way to bring your ideas to full life. My favorite artists include Reiq, Barbara Canepa, Shunya Yamashita, and Mizuno Junko. My absolute favorite Daz model has to be Nata. I’d love to start a Nata fan club. She’s awesome. Check out my work at http://www.redbubble.com/people/josueart

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8040
Joined  2009-05-14

Hello my name is Szark and I am a Dazaholic. It has been two days and 15 hours since I rendered anything which is probably why I am having cold sweats and palpitations. Daz Studio will be my favourtie software of choice for some time to come. It took sometime to get over the new UI of DS4 but the more I use it the more I love working in it.

I am just a hobbist, to releive the stresses of life.

Check out my gallery over at DeviantART http://itiseyemeeszark.deviantart.com/ All images barring one are family friendly and that one is a fairly tame female nude.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 25 May 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

Hello, my name is… well, nevermind that. I answer to everything, but don’t call me late for dinner.

The first time I tried to use DAZ Studio was somewhere back in the vicinity of 2.3, and gods preserve me, I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me. Every time I loaded clothing, it deleted the figure from my scene. Sometime in ... 2009? 2010? I finally picked it up again, and lo, things worked! I’m now totally hooked on 3.1, though I have an active loathing for 4, because I can’t get it to do anything practical without crashing and it keeps destroying my content database. I finally discovered Crossdresser 4 a couple months ago, and I’ve been kicking myself for not having found it sooner, since I’ve got at least three drag queens in my active repertoire, and it’s so much easier to get things to fit after they’ve been converted.

I have an archive of work over at http://penbrydd.blogspot.com/ and I strongly suggest paying attention to the ratings and warnings, before clicking through to the image-bearing pages, because some things are very much not-worksafe. The warning before the main page (which will come up first, when clicking that link) can safely be ignored and clicked through, because there will never be any images visible—regardless of the rating—before the post-specific warnings and a click-through for each post. Power of Heaven is my favourite PG-rated image, of the last month.

I think everyone here is probably much more talented than I am. My favourite freebie artist is Chohole, who makes the absolute best textures I have had the occasion to actively misuse.

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 26 May 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-08-07

Hello everyone.  My name is Chris.  I have been playing in DAZ since about 2007, version 1.5.  I love sci-fi and animation.  I am far lacking in the imagination department so I love to see what others can do.  I am one of those perfectionist that ends up screwing up the art pushing for perfection; and I do not have the hours to dedicate to creating the really cool stuff I see people do.  I like using animate2 to bring things to life.  It’s perfect for the perfectionist because I get to hyper-focus on the details that make you go WOW!

Posted: 26 May 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7723
Joined  2006-03-19

Welcome everybody new to the forums. If you have any questions please visit our New Users Start Here forum. Our wonderful community volunteers(CV) will take good care of you.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8040
Joined  2009-05-14
Frank0314 - 26 May 2012 07:39 PM

Welcome everybody new to the forums. If you have any questions please visit our New Users Start Here forum. Our wonderful community volunteers(CV) will take good care of you.

Well will try out best. cool smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2797
Joined  2010-11-30

Hi, my name’s Rob.

I can’t be on the forums as often as I’d prefer to - work gets in the way - but I do like to help out when I can. One way I help out is in maintaining over a half-dozen lists of links to freebies in the General Freepozitory - they’re listed in the “Compilation of Links to Freebies” sticky there. I also offer Daz Studio rendering tips on occasion, but there are others who know more than I do about all of this.

I also purposefully-misunderstand things on occasion, if doing so would be funny. (Not when the topic is serious, and never in the New Users’ threads, though.)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 27 May 2012 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8174
Joined  2004-07-21

Hello everyone.  You can call me Miss Bad Wolf.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Hello, I’m Jaderail.
I’m a Thread Head. You will see me pop up in lots of threads in lots of Forums. I try to help in the help threads if I think I can be of help.
Some people know me better than others so you will also see me called by another name from time to time, Jeff. That is my RL name and
I dont hide it, so call me Jade, Mr J or Jeff its all the same to me. I’m new to DS4Pro but I know lots about installing content. I also know a
good bit about the DS4 interface, so if you need help installing free stuff or finding content after a install just let me know.

Jeff.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-09-09

Greetings & salutations, my name is Flamewing…or you can just call me by my real name, Erica, or my nickname - Rikki.

I’m sort of a shy & goofy person with a twisted sense of humor; but if I know about something, I do my best to try to help.  I can be viciously opinionated…however, I do try to steer clear of that flaw of mine here in the Daz forums.

I’ve always been of a creative nature, doodling…drawing…painting, writing,  and my best friend introduced me to the wonderful world of CG art many moons ago that now occupies most of my time. smile

I suppose you can say I’m a noob/hobbyist;  I tend to get stuck in one genre though…Fantasy; but ever now and again, I’ll step outside my comfort zone & play around in other genres.

Well, that’s pretty much it for now. cool smile  Oh yeah…this is me(whenever we get our avatars back)

Image Attachments
Arannana-and-Nytehorn2forDaz.jpg
 Signature 

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
cool grin
Old post count: 2426
cool smile
Me on Facebook
My Freebies
My Gallery

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I’ll be darned, little ol Flamewing just had to show off her Drow before I did. Good to see ya!! This is me.

Image Attachments
!Avatar_04.jpg
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2008-12-05

I’m Winter, I use DS3A and lurk in the forums. I have a complicated on-line life, and an even more complicated real one. I have been around a while but I’m still a newbie by most standards. Years don’t make up for lack of knowledge or skill. Glad to see some familiar names around here. All these names with no faces is getting a little creepy.

As a side note, YAY spell checker! It may not help my atrocious grammar but it does help me spell atrocious grammar lol.

Image Attachments
7035147864dac37471ecb5.png

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2010-12-13

Slimer here. You can’t keep a good slime down! Been using DS3 for about 1.5 years now. Not on the DS4/Genesis bandwagon yet. I offer help where I can. Been doing a lot with Bruuna by Roberto Melo. cool smile My DA page: http://slimerjspud.deviantart.com/

Image Attachments
SPGHOST.sm1_.JPG
 Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

1 of 28

DAZ 3D Forum FAQ ]