Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Morph Follower issues (transfer active morphs)
Posted: 22 July 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-01-25

Does anyone know why when i try to use the ‘transfer active morphs’ option, it stops part way through all items fitted to the figure?
some morphs don’t even transfer at all…
is there a limit to how many morphs can be transfered at once?

using mostly V4 (because genesis isn’t working :()

Posted: 22 July 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13642
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, it should transfer only the active morphs - the ones that aren’t set to zero - so it should stop before processing every morph. And it won’t need to transfer “morphs” that are merely controllers for other morphs. Are you finding it is failing to transfer some actual, non-zero morphs?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 July 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  725
Joined  2005-12-12

In my experience, Transfer Active Morphs tends to not work when you fit more than just a few items on your figure. You could try transferring the morphs item by item, though I’m not sure if that works.

Posted: 24 July 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

thanks for the replies guys :D

Richard Haseltine - 22 July 2012 08:58 AM

Well, it should transfer only the active morphs

heh, yeah, i noticed that… so i have a saved pose-file that has every morph i regularly use with them all just a little off-zero so they’l be transferred… but even then, it doesn’t transfer all of them… but there are a LOT of them…

Barubary - 22 July 2012 11:03 AM

You could try transferring the morphs item by item, though I’m not sure if that works.

I tried this a few times… but some items seem to auto-stop the follower and not transfer anything… it’s not even item-specific either because the same item on a different figure worked fine… i suspect this to be some kind of vista-system related error though… that, and my poor ole PC needs some more RAM to use DAZ4 properly XD

Posted: 24 July 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-09-08

Depending on the item, sometimes it’s easier to manually fit it, export an .obj, then re-import and use the transfer tool. However, you’ll loose any adjustment morphs doing it this way. There’s a video tutorial showing to do this for shoes ... somewhere.

Posted: 26 July 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

i’ll look into that… but that makes it rather a pain to pose it again after, doesn’t it?

what i’m trying to do is basically get ALL the outfits i have for V4 (and A4) all fitted to a figure with ALL the morphs on so i don’t have to manually add them all each time… because my poor lll 4GB ram stutters when i have too much of anything on DS4 i spent a LOT of time playing solitaire waiting for the morphs to transfer when it’s only a few items…
I have a lot of custom-morphs i made myself that i use often and a few i’ve bought from… i can’t even remember which site now, but they’re far from standard… and there’s litterally hundreds that i want to apply… not to mention the ++ morphs for outfits that don’t have them

Posted: 05 October 2013 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Is there any update to this issue?  I find “transfer active morphs” works great sometimes while other times it doesn’t appear to do anything at all.  This is with V4.

Posted: 06 October 2013 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25
CMacks - 05 October 2013 05:48 PM

Is there any update to this issue?  I find “transfer active morphs” works great sometimes while other times it doesn’t appear to do anything at all.  This is with V4.

try to save morphs as poses (or whatever the new DS4 version finds easier) so you can apply a certain amount easily.
I have found that the ++morphs can be really dicky and sometimes need to be done one-by-one, whereas custom and non-standard V4 morphs transfer to darned near anything in one go.

Posted: 06 October 2013 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  893
Joined  2007-01-04
CMacks - 05 October 2013 05:48 PM

When you install Poser format items it’s always best to load them for the first time into an empty scene, that way you can try the morph dials in them to see if they work or not, most non DAZ3D clothing does come with most of the morphs included, problem is that they usually have “broken” ERC code to avoid “Cross Talk” in Poser, and as the morphs exist then neither Morph Follower (DS3) nor Transfer Active Morphs (DS4) will do anything.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 06 October 2013 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Zededd2000 and Bejaymac.  I paid closer attention and I saw it was transferring morphs to the hair and shoes, and not the item of clothing I wanted.  When I unfit those offending things, it then worked on the clothing and I got very good results.  But I will keep your ideas in mind as well.

Posted: 07 October 2013 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

glad to help…

At the moment, I am trying to find a way to transfer my new Dformer-made morphs to a new figure like I did with the ‘morph to CR2’ plugin i was using in DS3… sadly, I can’t seem to find anything like it currently working.

Any advice?

Posted: 07 October 2013 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Go to File menu, Save As then the next to bottom, Support Assest> then Morph Assest(s) and save out the ones you made, give them names and the other needed info. They will then Auto load in Genesis just like all other Genesis Morphs.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 October 2013 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

ah… well, i am still not using genesis… all the morphs I made don’t look that good on it and i can’t seem to replicate them well enough to justify it yet. not to mention using the GenX plugins has never worked.
i’m still using V4… does it work the same with the older model?

Posted: 07 October 2013 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

That I do not know. I have stopped working with the Gen4’s for character design. I will ask them that would know for you.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 07 October 2013 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Hmm.. Have you tried doing Export and Save as Poser CR2? I think that would Build a new CR2 with your morphs in it. Of course I would NOT save over the original figure, but it Could be worth a try.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2013 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13642
Joined  2003-10-09

Export as CR2 will give you a file with the morphs embedded - if you want to distribute them, or to use them with other morphs added in the future, then I’m afraid you will have to use the ExP Export plugin to create a morph add-on pack.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

1 of 2