Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
NightClub Row
Posted: 05 August 2014 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  661
Joined  2009-12-08

PLEASE NOTE.

This is just a temp lighting rig. I am waiting for the OCTANE plug in to come out before doing a proper job on this. I thought you might like to see a crowded people scene.

Most of the work here came from Episode 8, (2 years work). This scene took 3 days with the bulk of the effort going into making the shops. Also the nightclub at the end of the row (deliberately hid for now) took about a day on top of that.

Those people clothed with colours only. That’s the only way you’ll get a large scene like this to place nice in the editor (to save on the shader loading and editor time) IMHO.

Full scene pic shown first, then my fav pic.

Image Attachments
SF18_Nightclub_Row_from_NIGHTCLUB_comp_00000.jpgSF18_Nightclub_Row_from_EGATE_comp_00000.jpg
 Signature 

More 3D info and Pics at http://www.facebook.com/scififunk

Posted: 05 August 2014 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  556
Joined  2013-03-20

I absolutely love your scenes for your movie…your endless patience and attention to detail is amazing!

Have to admit…I thought “Nightclub Row” was going to be a row… a punch-up with bodies everywhere and lots of litter, broken bottles and vomit.  Council must have come along and tidied it all up already….  JUST KIDDING!  It’s really cool! Thanks for sharing more of your meticulous work.

xx smile SIlene

Signature 

Do I look like my avatar? No, that was 30 years ago!
Ah, but I was so much older then I’m younger than that now.

Posted: 05 August 2014 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-08
SileneUK - 05 August 2014 09:08 AM

I absolutely love your scenes for your movie…your endless patience and attention to detail is amazing!

Have to admit…I thought “Nightclub Row” was going to be a row… a punch-up with bodies everywhere and lots of litter, broken bottles and vomit.  Council must have come along and tidied it all up already….  JUST KIDDING!  It’s really cool! Thanks for sharing more of your meticulous work.

xx smile SIlene

Many thanks Silene.

Don’t give up on that “toubled” vision of the night scene. I promise action when I get to animate it!

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2014 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6408
Joined  2007-12-04
SileneUK - 05 August 2014 09:08 AM

SIlene

Yeah… I feel the same!
Well said, Silene!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 05 August 2014 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-08

Thanks Dartan. I’m going for the Iconic Indoor Sci Fi Shopping area next.

Now that’s one I’ve been looking forward to share for ages. smile

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2014 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8231
Joined  2009-07-13

Awesome as always

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 05 August 2014 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

Very well done Scifi, The clusters of people add a bit to the scene. Can hardley wait for the full render mate 8 )
Cheers

Signature 

For such are dreams that they be shared.

Posted: 05 August 2014 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2007-08-26

I always love the layout, production values and lighting in your scenes, SciFiFunk. But I wonder: what are all those people doing in the middle of the street? Just hanging out? Maybe plotting the next revolution?

Signature 

Check out my latest movie: “TRANCE”  at:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya78oBLqRlg

Posted: 05 August 2014 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-08

Thanks guys.

Re: what are the people doing. They are hanging out. Cars left that area long ago.

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2014 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1200
Joined  2005-04-12

Very cool and nicely populated!

Posted: 05 August 2014 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-08

Many thanks Phil smile

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2014 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  466
Joined  2013-10-24

Looks a bit like Oxford’s Cowley Road on a Friday night… (but fewer police cars!) wink

I never cease to be amazed with your scenes. 3 days to make the shops - that’d take me a month!!!

Posted: 05 August 2014 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6408
Joined  2007-12-04
Sci Fi Funk - 05 August 2014 10:21 AM

Thanks Dartan. I’m going for the Iconic Indoor Sci Fi Shopping area next.

Now that’s one I’ve been looking forward to share for ages. smile

Cool! shock
Can’t wait!

Yeah, I really like your work, Steve. Always have. From your episodes to the tutorials on how you’ve pulled them out of your hat!

Speaking of episodes, if any of you have not checked out Steve’s Sci Fi Funk animated episodes, I strongly suggest watching through them all from start to finish, even if it takes several visits to get it done. Quite fun! I always find myself wanting to see the next one. So Steve… just keep making these things… at least for the rest of MY life, anyways!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 06 August 2014 12:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2004-11-12

Very impressive work, the render is really impressive, but getting all those people in the scene ..... awesome. Can’t wait to see what you do once you get your hands on Octane 2!

Signature 

My Rendo Gallery

Posted: 06 August 2014 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-08
Tim_A - 05 August 2014 04:12 PM

Looks a bit like Oxford’s Cowley Road on a Friday night… (but fewer police cars!) wink

I never cease to be amazed with your scenes. 3 days to make the shops - that’d take me a month!!!

re: Cowley Road. ha ha. Yes. Actually the groups of gangs is based on my real life visit to Dagenham in London, that is literally what the high street (I think it’s called the Heathway) looks like (in terms of people), except they are not standing in the road due to the volume of traffic.

re: 3 days, that’s 8 hour days full time plus I built it / extended it from the episode 8 set - which took 2 years (ahem).

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2014 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-08
Dartanbeck - 05 August 2014 09:03 PM

So Steve… just keep making these things… at least for the rest of MY life, anyways!

I am on a set building blitz right now. Next year I plan to release a lot of episodes and try my luck on kickstarter or other crowd funding ideas, it’s building up to be an exciting year.

DUSTRIDER = re: Octane 2 - (singing) “Why are we waiting, why-y are we waiting” - he he.

I’m building the sets now so that I can just get into playing with Octane when it arrives. Been learning a lot about it via DAZ but the whole thing is so crashy it’s been driving me mad. Hence another reason to go back to the set building.

Signature 

1 of 2