question about male figures and pants
Posted: 23 July 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1818
Joined  2005-06-08
JeanneM - 23 July 2012 06:55 AM
Richard Haseltine - 23 July 2012 05:00 AM

To avoid possible injury resulting from excessively convoluted euphemisms, let me assure you all that it is OK to say genitals or penis.

LOL Richard! I already was wondering why everyone was avoiding the right words for it.

Besides, I thought this 3D world was more or less make belief so you can form the clothes as if there were genitals under it . . .

Thanks Richard!  But the euphemisms are so much fun . . .  tongue wink

Last I heard the Genesis malegens (available in the M5Pro Bundle) and versions for the previous generations are not intended to be used under clothing because for various technical reasons (nicely detailed in a few posts above) it makes more sense to morph in a kendoll-style genital bulge that suggests the underlying shape, much like the the muscle shapes are sculpted into what’s essentially an empty skin.  Although I can see why this can make some people uncomfortable, it really is the best solution until the tech gets better.

[Londo sputters outrage over a B5 Emporium “Londo Mollari” doll.]
Londo Mollari: It’s a mockery! It doesn’t even have any, uh . . . attributes.
Sheridan: Attributes?
Londo: Do I have to spell it out for you? 
[Londo gestures downward. Ivanova and Sheridan stare at Londo, then at each other.]
Sheridan, Ivanova: Ohh!
Ivanova: I see. So you feel like you’re being symbolically cast— in a bad light.
Sheridan: Well put.

from WikiQuotes

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 23 July 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

I would think with Genesis if the M4 or M5 set of genitals were conformed then the pants put on wouldn’t they just auto conform over them?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 23 July 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2005-03-26
RAMWolff - 23 July 2012 09:31 AM

I would think with Genesis if the M4 or M5 set of genitals were conformed then the pants put on wouldn’t they just auto conform over them?

Over the pants, you mean?  Probably!:ohh:

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 23 July 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1216
Joined  2009-01-09

To avoid possible injury resulting from excessively convoluted euphemisms, let me assure you all that it is OK to say genitals or penis.

Well, yes, but excessively convoluted euphemisms are way more fun!

RAMWolff: I would think with Genesis if the M4 or M5 set of genitals were conformed then the pants put on wouldn’t they just auto conform over them?

Well, the clothes do try to conform. But the pants aren’t built to deal with the genital figure—they don’t have the morphs and structure built in—so June comes bustin’ out all over, so to speak. And even if the structure was built into the cloth, because the genital figure doesn’t react to the cloth mesh, you’d wind up with the same situation that happens with Genesis clothing and the female figure’s breasts, the whole Extreme Outline Shrinkwrap thing. And then someone would have to develop the Male Genital Clothing Modifier, which would have to take into account all the various changes and additions to the figure that various content providers might make. (I really really want to see the “M5 Implant Smooth” modifier, or the “M5 Large Smooth” one. Just because.) And then you’re back where we are now, where it’s just more effective to morph the underlying man Genesis figure and let the clothing react to that. (I think M4 has bulge morphs, but I’m actually not sure; it’s been a while. I know his clothes can, anyway. Magnets and whatnot.)

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 23 July 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  2009-07-13

stick a sock in it!
(Sphere primative flattened and made collision object as someone suggested)

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 23 July 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2011-08-27

Golly, you’d think that with all of the morphs and magnets available to change Vicki’s chest size from mosquito bites to watermelons that there would be something to change Mike’s package from Ken Doll to Tom of Finland. gulp

Posted: 23 July 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10950
Joined  2005-10-07

oh close.  i was hoping for a sock puppet euphemism. and pudding.

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   ° Ye Olde RealmsGalaxies

Posted: 23 July 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7959
Joined  2004-07-21

I am afraid of misspelling genitals.  I think I once typed Gentiles instead of genitals.

When I was young I once said penis when I meant pianist.

Okay Micah has stopped playing with his penis since he got neutered.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 24 July 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7959
Joined  2004-07-21

I posted and killed the thread.

the reason that the gens cannot be used under the clothes is that the technology in poser or DS is not to that point yet?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 24 July 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14272
Joined  2003-10-09
Miss Bad Wolf - 24 July 2012 03:14 PM

I posted and killed the thread.

the reason that the gens cannot be used under the clothes is that the technology in poser or DS is not to that point yet?

Yes, and also the general practice in all 3D is not to add stuff you don’t need - most film models don’t have anything under the clothes, beyond the absolute minimum needed for collision detection if the clothing is dynamic.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

2 of 2