Digital Art Zone

2 of 100
It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!
Posted: 26 May 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2007-04-08
Harry Dresden - 26 May 2012 01:36 AM

I played a bit last night and I have mixed feelings about this game. It looks good visually, it’s the same hack & slash monster killing fun it always was and it has some amazing cinematic scenes.  It’s Diablo all right.

My biggest issue is with the fact that it requires an internet connection every step of the way. Don’t get me wrong, I understand why they did it this way as it is the only way to make the auction house work without cheating. And it’s a good way to keep content fresh and all that. It’s great really. If you live in a first world country where the internet is super fast and cheap. I lagged in a single player game folks. That’s absurd. But it’s a personal gripe and I’m hoping the lagging was just temporary. Still, what happens when they do maintenance on those servers? Then it’s no Diablo.

But apart from the negative effect I do believe the real money auction house system will add a whole new addiction to mindless monster killing. Everyone will be hunting for that rare one in a million item that’s going to make him a fortune. They’ve turned it into a virtual fortune hunting game. It’s crazy but it might just work! LOL

The real-money auction house is one of the reasons I am worried.  Sure, I’d like to find the Sword Of Whonking Great Pain but there are people out there that will be finding seven every time I find one, so the chances of me making anything out of it is slim at best.  But I don’t really care about that so much.  The other reason I didn’t like it is the same as you, the persistent internet connection.

But it’s Diablo 3 and it has to be tried, even if it’s costing me more than I can afford and will irritate the pants of me, it’s got to be tried!

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 26 May 2012 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-03-17

Yeah and the worst part is now you have to worry that some kid will hack into your account and steal your Sword Of Whonking Great Pain. Reminds me of WoW. Which mean I’ll be downloading the authenticator app for my cellphone to stop sneaky thieves from hacking mah stuffs. I got hacked in WoW twice. It was not cool. angry

I played some more today and I will admit the game does grow on you. No lag this morning after I restarted my PC and killed some background services that uses network resources. I’m also slowly getting over my annoyance at the fixed camera angle. You’d think in this day and age being able to rotate the camera would be a standard function but not in Diablo world apparently. Yes I know you couldn’t rotate the camera in Diablo 2 either but that was 2.5D and 10 years ago. They could have modernised it a bit. But yeah, being a fan of the franchise does make it a bit more tolerable.

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 26 May 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1865
Joined  2011-07-31

I started this when Wendy and I were thinking of holding M5 hostage until the forums were back up.  I chopped off Mike’s left foot to show them we meant business.  Why is this big skin flap left and what do I do with it?

Image Attachments
at_MikeRansom1b_feet.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 26 May 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7470
Joined  2009-07-13

is he an obj hacked in Hex or a transmapped figure?
if the latter
stick a flattened sphere primitive in the hole with a cylinder sticking out, texture the cylinder like a bone with bump and add a marrow ring in the middle using the uv map as a guide, use a meat texture with bump and some displacement on the sphere (photograph your uncooked dinner) Fisty’s liquids if you can find the link on the old forum might make a good blood pool.
I was just going to mail them the unneeded geografted bit!
(bought pro bundle for the clothes!!!)

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Didn’t take him to Hex.  May be transmapped, but I don’t know what that is.  I’ll play with your suggestions and see what I get.  I could just take it to PSP and slap a bandaid over it, I guess.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Like Wendy said Anne what you see is a hole where the foot was. Plug the hole with something and texture it. Not hard to do with a shader and the built in primatives.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 26 May 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I see. Nobody is home today. Insert chirpping crickets here.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 26 May 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

I’ve been in the yard pulling weeds all day.  Time for a cup of coffee, shower, food, and computer.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 26 May 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2005-03-08
BlumBlumShub - 25 May 2012 12:56 AM

So, the end came, the end went, the beginning came and I sort of slept through it!

So what did you guys do at the end of the world?

wink

some can be so lucky grin

Image Attachments
dazz_offline.jpg
 Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 26 May 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13
Jaderail - 26 May 2012 06:45 PM

half the time I cannot even find the thread unless I click on my name and find all posts.
there are many posts I never see replies to!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15601
Joined  2003-10-09

Image Attachments
cat_and_cricket.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
wendy♥catz - 26 May 2012 08:37 PM

half the time I cannot even find the thread unless I click on my name and find all posts.
there are many posts I never see replies to!

Does your Subscription Manager help narrow the threads down?

Edit to add:  What does permalink to this post do?  Did we have this before?

Image Attachments
atticanne1.jpg
atticanne1.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I miss a lot of posts too, new posts not the same as posts since last visit.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 27 May 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

SEE!! It’s so quite in here we have echo’s.

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

echo this

Image Attachments
superjaz.gif
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

2 of 100