Digital Art Zone

100 of 100
It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!
Posted: 15 September 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1486 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I still say we get the doc to adjust your meds. We’ll talk to mine at the same time. I want mine upped some. wink

OPPS!! Last page, never meant to do that. BARRY!! we need a new name very soon.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1487 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1827
Joined  2011-07-31

I went back on my high blood pressure meds today. 

Yesterday my DD wanted me to ask my smart friends in the forums what’s the matter with her computer?  I told her y’all are all smart, but needed at least a tiny clue.  Her finger swipe thingy quit working.  An hour later everything was working again.  ISIL told her she hadn’t turned her laptop off in over 2 months.  Turned it off, waited a bit, turned it on, and it’s working.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1488 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

I’ve got a couple of questions.

Bryce:  Can I just add a Bryce folder before My Library and put my Bryce content there?  Or should it be with my Bryce program files on C:?
I’m running Windows 7.  I had it installed and working before the shop did the reinstall.  Got it back without any Bryce that I can find.

I’m too tired to even think about the other question tonight, but I may have to use Bryce to do what I want.  Somebody PM me when we split tomorrow so I’ll know where to look for y’all.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1489 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2011-01-13

Me no wants go doctor!

How about we call the new thread “Blum B. Shub Embroidery”? :D

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1490 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

@ANNE: I’m sure Chohole will get you all set with Bryce. I’ve not added anything in too long to be any help. Yep, you did your DD a solid, a reboot once in awhile is a good thing.

@LOH: I’m taking you anyway. You know hes not texturing now. It’s Make this or Make that now. Maya and stuff.

EDIT: Beer good. Meds good. Beer+meds=No pain. Okay, no more beer two is more than enough.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 September 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1491 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7278
Joined  2009-07-13

cool grin15 posts per page, waiting for Barry to do the last one so he gets his thread renameable by him if needed
if one of US gets it, it could get ugly snake  mad

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 16 September 2012 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1492 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 15 September 2012 08:53 PM

@LOH: I’m taking you anyway. You know hes not texturing now. It’s Make this or Make that now. Maya and stuff.

EDIT: Beer good. Meds good. Beer+meds=No pain. Okay, no more beer two is more than enough.

In reverse order:

Beer+Meds = No Pain.  Oh God yes, I am VERY much a fan of that combination.  And if I do it right I can still maintain enough brain power to function reasonably normally.  I don’t mix the two very often for obvious reasons, but yeah, sometimes I am in so much pain I would take just about anything to kill it. 

Texturing.  Well, I’m open minded about what I do.  I still love texturing, and still want to do some, and obviously since I already know how to do it I still have plans for that.  The modelling thing has only taken a priority because I’ve got so much to learn and putting 20 minutes here and there doesn’t seem to win for me.  I’m not using Maya at all at the moment, it’s too big for me, I’m using the tools I know a bit.  So Hex, Carrara (well, not really), Photoshop (lots).

Texturing is a big love of mine.  I’ve just had a very bad year and have been most unhappy.  Now I seem to be happier and am actually doing some ‘work’ on stuff.  Not texturing at the moment, but yeah, I do plan to do some more texture work.  I’ve bought too much resource to waste it!

{edit} - One thing I would LOVE to do is use something like ZBrush to create a displacement map rather than alter any geometry.  I have no idea if it’s capable of that, but my God that would be useful.  Build a wall, take it to ZBrush, paint a brick displacement on it, fan-bloody-tastic.  But like I say I’ve no idea if ZBrush can do that.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 16 September 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1493 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15312
Joined  2003-10-09
AtticAnne - 15 September 2012 08:48 PM

Bryce:  Can I just add a Bryce folder before My Library and put my Bryce content there?  Or should it be with my Bryce program files on C:?
I’m running Windows 7.  I had it installed and working before the shop did the reinstall.  Got it back without any Bryce that I can find.

I’m too tired to even think about the other question tonight, but I may have to use Bryce to do what I want.  Somebody PM me when we split tomorrow so I’ll know where to look for y’all.

Anne, if you pop over to the Bryce Forum, find David Brinnen in this thread drop him an email an email asking for a copy of their handy little PDF about installin Bryce content, Tell him I told you to do that, so he knows who you are.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7801/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 September 2012 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1494 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

Do you think David would mind if I did that too?  As I said in a PM Bryce is one of my target apps for backgrounds.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1495 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

Ok, after a little thought, and considering this thread was about the old site’s demise being referred to as the end of the world, I have decided to call the second part of this thread “A New Hope”.  This is obviously a Star Wars reference, but also reflects my renewed ambition, happiness and general attitude.

Also I want to take this opportunity to say how immensely happy it makes me that this thread is still alive, especially after the start it had, when I was at my most grumpy with it all.  Thanks all for making it a new home for a wandering Barry.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1496 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
chohole - 16 September 2012 04:40 AM
AtticAnne - 15 September 2012 08:48 PM

Anne, if you pop over to the Bryce Forum, find David Brinnen in this thread drop him an email an email asking for a copy of their handy little PDF about installin Bryce content, Tell him I told you to do that, so he knows who you are.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7801/

Emailed David and got it last night.  Barry, go ahead and ask for it.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1497 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7278
Joined  2009-07-13

ALWAYS render to image sequenced file
if you ever ever ever render to avi again Wendy, go stick your head in the toilet and flush it
you will be happier with the outcome!!!!

(yeah, I rendered to avi, it is unwatchable!!! red face  about 10 hours work down the drain )

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1498 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Let’s all go to the same doctor at the same time.  Could we get a group rate?  Would the doctor survive?

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1499 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15312
Joined  2003-10-09

Post no 14 on this last page. 1 more to go Barry, then you need to make the next post, which should swing it over to the new page.

And Yes do Email David, he’s a lovely fellow, for all that he lives up on that flat windy eastcoast bit of England. smile  ANd he is also a good person to ask any Bryce questions, he is one of the panel of Bryce Guru’s that worked with DAZ 3D when they were getting Bryce 7 ready for distribution.  He is the acknowleged master of the DTE. It is amazing what he can do with it.

Just look at this list of freebie tuts he has made. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7799/#102298 Some for beginners, some more directed towards those with more knowledge

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1500 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
chohole - 16 September 2012 08:43 AM

Post no 14 on this last page. 1 more to go Barry, then you need to make the next post, which should swing it over to the new page.

And Yes do Email David, he’s a lovely fellow, for all that he lives up on that flat windy eastcoast bit of England. smile  ANd he is also a good person to ask any Bryce questions, he is one of the panel of Bryce Guru’s that worked with DAZ 3D when they were getting Bryce 7 ready for distribution.  He is the acknowleged master of the DTE. It is amazing what he can do with it.

Just look at this list of freebie tuts he has made. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7799/#102298 Some for beginners, some more directed towards those with more knowledge

Wow, that’s one heck of a list.

I’ll email him shortly, I’ve got that page bookmarked.  What’s the DTE?  I want to be a master of it, whatever it is.

I just looked for a tutorial on making windows in buildings and the author uses booleans all the time.  I don’t know why this is considered bad practice, and I’m still trying to figure that out.

So I will now make a new post under the thread title of A New Hope, and you guys can link it or do whatever you need.

Go Froward to New Hope

Signature 

100 of 100