Digital Art Zone

99 of 100
It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!
Posted: 15 September 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1471 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2011-01-13

VirtualDub is weird. Or at least it doesn’t use an installer I’m used to.

But anyway, I’ve posted a link to the video in my thread. It’s nothing fancy though.

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 15 September 2012 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1472 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Oooooh yeah, I win page 99! raspberry

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2012 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1473 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2007-04-08

I used to use vdub all the time when I converted adult movies into small ‘taster’ clips.  It was very good, but I’ll be damned if I can remember anything about it now.  Been a while since I was in the adult website business.

Doubt I’ll be doing much during the day today, seems I’m going to be out for quite a lot of it.  But tonight I’ll be doing something.

You were talking about dreams earlier, specifically about my modelling dream (which of course was only a joke anyway), but I’m a bit worried because I really did have a dream about 3D modelling last night.  I dreamed I was a bit like Doctor House (you know of him, right?) and I had a diagnostic team sat around a table, and I was asking them how I could cut a hole in my 3D model to whatever shape I wanted and adjust the geometry accordingly, and they were quite genuinely giving me answers!  It was bizarre, and I wish I could dream like that every time I have a problem.

The most useful answer I got was to create a ‘negative’ for the shape, and then use booleans to cut them out, but in reality I’m not sure that will work.

Basically I have a building, and I want to chop a doorway and windows out of it.  Any ideas?  You can be my diagnostic team.

In other news.  I bought Thomas for Genesis/M4 because in all my visits to any 3D marketplace I have NEVER seen a character that has made me say “Wow” out loud just from the initial promo image.  He’s fantastic.  Creepy, masterful, insightful, commanding, and yet with a few eye movements he can have that ‘Captain Picard’ style of wisdom.  What a brilliant character, I’m moved to writing!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/thomas-for-m4-and-genesis-m5 <—check him out!

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 15 September 2012 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1474 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15336
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah Thomas made his way into my runtime as well.  I had him wishlisted when he was at Rendo, and I am relly glad he made it over here.

BTW I cut doors and windows out with booleans all the time, but then I am a brycer, and I love booleans.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 September 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1475 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7289
Joined  2009-07-13

booleans or NOT
click if you want to be entertained! tongue rolleye

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 September 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1476 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I bought Thomas too, I like Agnes, but never got Cullan so might combine Genesis Thomas and Agnas via GenX for an older man

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 September 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1477 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I love that figure BUT, Nope. I’m saving what bit I got left. You never know what will pop up the next day.

Light torture day, WAY to warm in the clinic, I normally wear a light jacket because they keep it cool to help keep the spread of infections and such down. I was sweating before long, not much you can do about it once both arms get hooked to the machine. I’ve been anti-flued, scrubbed on the insides and all meded up for the weekend. I’m good to go.

WOW!! Just caught that Jacob. We about to Split yet again. Looks like the BBSFFC is here to stay.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 September 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1478 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 15 September 2012 09:40 AM

WOW!! Just caught that Jacob. We about to Split yet again. Looks like the BBSFFC is here to stay.

Yeah, Barry’s back, and more Blummy than ever!

Wendy, I read that Boolean thread, and formed my own conclusions.  I have done something akin to your draw-a-shape-and-bridge-it method in Hex and I simply never thought of moving the object to zero before bridging, in which case I might have had better results.  But that is pretty much the style of work I was looking for.  If I can make a bunch of shapes that I regularly use, I can save a ton of work.

I assume if I have a wall, and I use this method, I can cut both sides of the wall and bridge between the cuts as well, thus making the shape look like it’s regularly cut out of it.

If I was just using a single mesh with no inner mesh, I would probably just use opacity and displacement maps, but that wouldn’t help me if I have an actual wall.

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1479 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

as posted in Dimension Theory’s thread

I just had a fail
not DT’s fault, Daz studio to blame, for NOT being Carrara!!
you CANNOT use two instances at once of Daz studio!!! you lose texture maps and apparently shader bricks
(3D delight actually told me that but until I saw the result, I had no idea what the error meant and kept rendering)
yep, opened the 32 bit at about the time (20 frames in) when the 64bit was rendering and sent a model to Hexagon and back
I pull this crap all the time with Carrara rendering and it just slows down a bit.
Studio is a Diva and attention whore, she wants all my computer to herself or she throws hissy fits!!!

I am giving the studio bitch another go, this time bmp instead of png sequences and she can have the damn computer to herself!!
she takes long enough!!

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1480 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

yeah, Barry, Hex, everyone says how great it is for modelling,
I have to figure out how to change the settings so it does not freeze on my computer!
and prob not have two different versions installed!!

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 September 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1481 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
wendy♥catz - 15 September 2012 12:10 PM

yeah, Barry, Hex, everyone says how great it is for modelling,
I have to figure out how to change the settings so it does not freeze on my computer!
and prob not have two different versions installed!!

Certainly seems to be good.  And I suspect I’ll be accidentally teaching myself some Maya at the same time, since the tools in Hex are bound to be in Maya.

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2012 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1482 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

<u>Woman charged with theft</u>
Man claims the stolen object was his heart

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1483 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
LightofHeaven - 15 September 2012 07:51 PM

<u>Woman charged with theft</u>
Man claims the stolen object was his heart

Say WHAT? Jacob is beginning to worry me folks. First he wanders off into Wendy land. (Which is PERFECT for Wendy, she’s so good at it.) Now the dude is posting none existent links. I think. Do we need to go check his meds?

cheese smile

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1484 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2011-07-31

Somebody better take a look at him (Jacob).

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1485 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

HEY! Don’t look at me. I’m sane, okay? raspberry

Well, kind of.

It was a lame thingo that popped into my head while I was bored. So I deciuded to post it. lol

Signature 

99 of 100