Digital Art Zone

97 of 100
It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!
Posted: 13 September 2012 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1441 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14677
Joined  2009-01-22
LightofHeaven - 13 September 2012 08:19 PM

Hey, “goodnight” doesn’t mean you have to stop talking. :p

How about this—whoeer can ramble on the longest in one post gets a candy bar. raspberry

HEY!! I can no haz candy bar, dockter sayz nooz.

EDIT: Note to self. Don’t poke at Anne, she runs away and hides. gulp

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1442 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 13 September 2012 08:46 PM

Just wanted to get that out of my SYSTEM, Ahem! Barry!! You holding back on us? NICE render.

Thank you :D

Most of the render was fairly straightforward, only the posing was a pain in the bum-cheeks.  Posing is my nemesis at the moment.  I won’t go so cocky as to say I’m good at lighting, but I don’t fiddle around as much as I used to with the lighting, I seem to have at least a basic idea of what I want to achieve with that.  Scenery is difficult because I’m sure people have all seen what I’ve got by now.  It’s either that or model my own, and modeling is a very slow process for me because I’ve no blinkin’ idea what I’m doing!

But yeah, I really hate posing!  Hate it.  Hate hate hate it.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1443 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6626
Joined  2009-07-13

it has happened again on my Android
I used quick reply, something goes wrong after a long essay and I get the address at blah blah blah is down or has moved page and I cannot get my post back by touching back!!!
so too bad if I CAN ramble on the longest,
you will not ever see the post as by then I forgotten what I said!!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1444 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

but Barry, the lazy girl aint even posing with her sword! she is sitting in her chair waiting for the assailants to come to her!!! tongue wink
oops looked again, it is a different weapon, an AXE!!! tongue rolleye

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1445 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

that’lll teach me, I first looked at your render then went to other threads before coming back here eventually, Jeff’s post had turned the page and my memory and old age not so great red face

Signature 

my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1446 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  580
Joined  2011-01-13
wendy♥catz - 14 September 2012 12:51 AM

but Barry, the lazy girl aint even posing with her sword! she is sitting in her chair waiting for the assailants to come to her!!! tongue wink
oops looked again, it is a different weapon, an AXE!!! tongue rolleye

Kinda reminds me of Inigo Montoya with his sword while he was drunk. raspberry

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1447 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

that is another “Princess bride” in joke, isn’t it snake
must rewatch that for me, largely unmemorable movie to see what the fuss is about, one day!

Signature 

my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1448 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  580
Joined  2011-01-13

Maybe if Barry’s axe babe were holding a bottle o’ brandy…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91knqIVwAU

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 14 September 2012 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1449 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

She wouldn’t drink brandy, her heart (and liver) belong to Jack Daniels!

I’m in a situation I’m not used to.  I’m generally very happy.  This is quite the revellation and I’ve expected it to fall apart for the last few weeks, but it hasn’t, I’m still happy, I’m fired up, I’m enthusiastic, focused, and… Well, I’m kind of back to the way I was years ago, at least in my head.  Obviously physical health problems are a different matter, I can’t control diabetes or my bad back, arms, legs, eyes, etc!

The upshoot of all this is that I’ve taken stock of life, written that project list, and decided that art is where I can make a difference both to myself and to others.

My websites are dead, being brutally honest.  I make enough to cover their existence but not enough to call them profitable.  I’ll keep them going, but I won’t increase.  A few pounds here and there is still better than no pounds.  But that’s it.

So I rewind the clock, and take Mr Belwon’s advice, turn a hobby into a money making machine.

The Department of Work and Pensions are essentially saying that I need an income.  I’m not disabled, I’m just very sick, and although getting up and physically going to work would possibly be the least comfortable thing in the world for me, there’s nothing stopping me from working here, in the comfort of my own comfy chair.

I have to learn how to model.  I have to learn how to texture.  I have to learn how to pass quality control from Rendo/Daz/RDNA/Whoever, and I need to learn how to discipline myself to make enough goods to bring in enough bacon to survive on my own two feet.

If I don’t have the right tools by now, then holy mother of Dog I’m screwed.  Maya, ZBrush, Hexagon, Carrara, Poser, Daz, Bryce, Vue, Blender, the list just goes on and on.  No excuses, got to get cracking and learn my craft.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1450 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

fast reply is evil snake

third time today I have posted a multipargraph tome and lost it due to data conectivity issues!!

Signature 

my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1451 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
wendy♥catz - 14 September 2012 08:21 AM

fast reply is evil snake

third time today I have posted a multipargraph tome and lost it due to data conectivity issues!!

i thought Fast reply had a VERY low character count. like hardly any to tell they truth. We only get 30000 in the normal reply box.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1452 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

Ok, so, modelling is easy, will have an entire set of models by about 10pm.

Oh.  I dreamed that.  Damn.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1453 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Arn’t dreams wonderful? I had one were I did a full animated movie and it was rendering to still frames. When I woke up I checked on the render progress. I was very AWWW it was just a dream.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1454 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3091
Joined  2012-02-06
BlumBlumShub - 14 September 2012 01:22 PM

Ok, so, modelling is easy, will have an entire set of models by about 10pm.

Oh.  I dreamed that.  Damn.

LOL So glad we have lots of talented modelers around here who are willing to sell us their creations for a reasonable price! smile (Otherwise, my entire involvement in 3D would probably consist of statements like “Ooh! Look at that pretty render!”)

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Join the Custom Character Contest!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1455 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I could have a set of models in minutes!
ok, they’d all be cubes but . . . .

Signature 

my render thread
my gallery

97 of 100