Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
i’m so sick of getting logged out during reply
Posted: 21 July 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, as I noted in another thread, maybe what we haven’t noticed about the new site is that we’re not supposed to stay logged in.  There is no longer a ‘Remember Me on This Computer’ option on the Log In screen.  I think that says it all.

Posted: 21 July 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2270
Joined  2003-12-06

I’ve noticed an odd pattern in the way this happens to me — I normally log in, browse the store for a little while, then open a series of tabs with all the forum’s New Posts pages. I frequently browse this for a bit, bouncing back into the store now and then, then go off for a few hours leaving the forum tabs open. When I come back to read more, I’m still logged in and can access forum and store pages with no problems… for half an hour to an hour, then I open a new tab and suddenly realise from the lack of controls and options that I’m logged out.

(BTW, FWIW, I’m using the current Firefox, and the one time I’ve had the logout in the middle of composing a post, I was able to recover the text by bouncing back and forth with the Back and Forward buttons; I eventually got the edit window back complete with all entered text.)

I’m not asking for a fix right now, I realise the store needs more urgent attention. But could someone please get hold of one of the web team and ask what criteria the forums use for logging out? The sequence I’ve described above doesn’t happen every evening, but I’ve never seen anything quite like it in any other forum I visit regularly.

<sigh> This is one severely messed-up store and forum. It’s been two months...

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 21 July 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1659
Joined  2005-12-31

I pretty much stay logged in till my computer crashes. Unluckily its been a bad summer for crashes and power outages on my computer so I don’t know if I could stay logged in more than 4 days. I do know that rebooting doesn’t log me out. IE9 installed about 2 months ago after a reformat just for reference.

Posted: 21 July 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15269
Joined  2003-10-09

I was like you Khory and not getting logged out at all, until I had not so much a computer crash as a complete browser crash. My ISP has been doing some upgrading, so it may have been that which caused the crash, I don’t know. For some reason when I booted up again I found the my browser, which is set to auto clear cache and browsing history only automatically on closing, had in fact cleared everything. The whole gamut of recent history, browsing and download history, cache, cookies, form and search history, active logins etc etc.

Since then I have been having the logut login problem that so many others have experienced. But I still don’t know if it something my browser has done, something my ISP has done or what,

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 23 July 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4461
Joined  2004-08-11

Forums I stay logged in most of the time at home.  At work though I have to log on constantly.  BUT the store and My Account areas I have to log on constantly on both machines and trying to get these themes finished up makes the work a total PITA.  Clearing out the cache as so many suggest does not make it better.  The next day I start over with the log on mess in the main store and My Account area.  Better than the old site?  NOPE!  lol

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 24 July 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10061
Joined  2005-10-07

i wonder if the metric for their site success is the number of logins?

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 24 July 2012 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7501
Joined  2004-07-21

I use firefox in windows 7 and also maxthon on kindle fire. I am trying to use the kindle as that is what I will be bringing to visit my grandma. I do get logged out of the forums but not the store. I wish if I was logged out of one I will also be logged out of the other.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 25 July 2012 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15269
Joined  2003-10-09

If you wait long enough you will get llogged out of both, they don’t seem to be quite synchrronised on the logout.

If not then you need to do the Logout login dance to make sure you are really logged out before you login again. Logut on the stoe and wait for confirmation that you are really logged out.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

2 of 2