Digital Art Zone

Today’s Store Bug
Posted: 20 July 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2003-10-09

I see the highly qualified and professional web development experts at DAZ Corporation have slapped another new bug into the store to add to the irritation of the long suffering DAZ customer base.

Want to pay by PayPal?

Tough.

Go through the confirmation step, return to DAZ, get the message “Payer is not identified”.

Fortunately the transaction does not go through (although you are left wondering what the f**k just happened) but ... come on ... FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ... get this CRAP sorted out!

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1670
Joined  2005-12-31

Last time that happened it was at Paypal’s end. There was also once a major issue with the credit card companies servers that made it all go puffle. All they can do in those situations is ask the other party to fix it.

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Khory - 20 July 2012 05:43 PM

Last time that happened it was at Paypal’s end. There was also once a major issue with the credit card companies servers that made it all go puffle. All they can do in those situations is ask the other party to fix it.

Unfortunately with the abysmal record that the DAZ web site developers have, I tend to think the blame is with them ... again.

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02

The forum still has some problems.

Image Attachments
wut.jpg

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Welcome back wink

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02

I hope that the new website remembers that I bought every product for the last ten years.LOL

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1670
Joined  2005-12-31

tend to think the blame is with them

Or not as I had no trouble with a paypal order.

Posted: 21 July 2012 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Khory - 20 July 2012 06:55 PM

tend to think the blame is with them

Or not as I had no trouble with a paypal order.

Which is very much the story of the whole website upgrade project. i.e. Not everyone affected by the same problems at the same time. Two hours elapsed since my three failed attempts to complete a PayPal purchase and yours so whatever it was is either fixed or something else has changed that has stopped the problem from presenting.

Anyway my complaint is not so much with the failure to complete the transaction - but with the way in which the new website completely fails to handle the error, so that the customer is left wondering whether money has been taken from their PayPal account to be lost in a black hole somewhere. Whichever way you look at it, the blame still lies with the individuals who were - and continue to be - responsible for the most inefficiently and incompetently managed web site upgrade ever witnessed by the human race!

Posted: 21 July 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2011-10-04

I encountered this problem couple of days ago; however, since it didn’t let me click on “place order” button (which is required to finalize the order) but recycled me back to shopping basket, I just did the whole “checkout->PayPal” thing again, and next time it worked OK.

It could be because my user login at DAZ is different from my PayPal login; I had some epic problems with DealExtreme and ended up scrapping one account and having to recreate a new one with the same username (which pisses me off, because the reason I use different name in a store vs PayPal is because I want to put some distance between two identities to make it at least a hair more difficult to pilfer moolah from me, in case of a worst case scenario; please, DAZ, never give up on this feature of different username-vs-PayPal id, ‘cause it gives me some peace of mind).

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 21 July 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13649
Joined  2003-10-09

I had the same experience as Skiriki a week or so back - gave up on the order that wouldn’t complete and started over from the main page, it went through. It’s obviously unsatisfactory, and I would ask that people report these issues to the bug tracker, but usually starting over, or logging out and logging back in, will fix the problems. Of course you shouldn’t do this if an order gets stuck pending_Auth, but that seems to have been rarer recently.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 21 July 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2006-09-06
fivecat - 20 July 2012 06:16 PM

I hope that the new website remembers that I bought every product for the last ten years.LOL

This definetely needs a special DAZ-“Like it”-button *ggg* and yes, it is sooooo true !

Signature 

Formerly: 900 posts

Bringing up a petition for our old and cute smileys ?!! rolleyes

Posted: 21 July 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  2008-03-30
Richard Haseltine - 21 July 2012 05:10 AM

I had the same experience as Skiriki a week or so back - gave up on the order that wouldn’t complete and started over from the main page, it went through. It’s obviously unsatisfactory, and I would ask that people report these issues to the bug tracker, but usually starting over, or logging out and logging back in, will fix the problems. Of course you shouldn’t do this if an order gets stuck pending_Auth, but that seems to have been rarer recently.

Had this yesterday, even logging in and out, clearing everything again (sigh) and it still wouldn’t go thru, eventually i removed the item from the cart, put it back and was able to complete the purchase, jumping thru this many hoops just to give a company MY money, is just not acceptable and I am sick and tired of the endless repetition of the excuses.

If forum tags were working ( a BASIC forum feature) there would be profanity in the above post

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive