4 of 4
Carrara and Marvelous Designer
Posted: 22 July 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15
PhilW - 22 July 2012 02:02 AM

1.  Load your original OBJ as a morph target!.

Phil, in response to my question of how you “reset” your morph simulation (in other words, after you’ve done the 30 frame sim between your T-pose and your morph pose), you suggested loading the T-pose back in as a morph target and you’ll revert to the T-pose state.

The problem is that each time you load a morph target it first drapes (if the pattern has been reset), then runs a sim from the present state to the morphed state. And the response during the process, at least on my machine, is dog slow.

What I’ve been doing, and it seems to work better, is to reset your pattern. Clear the Avatar from the scene, then reload the Avatar in the T-pose, which resets the scene back to the beginning.

Am I missing something, and is there a simpler way to reset the sim back to the initial pose?

Oh, and regarding the failure to load textures on my V4, I agree it’s not a big deal. Though if you see how it looks in MD, it’s kinda scary.  smile

Image Attachments
Textures.JPG

Posted: 22 July 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-15

Okay, and one last question…

For now….

It involves saving projects. When I save the project, and it gives a requester that asks what I want to save (Avatar, Garment, etc.) and I generally leave the defaults. But it always scarfs when it tries to save the garment, and says it can’t save the .zpac. And no matter how many projects I save, I always get only the Avatar, not the garment or pattern. And, less importantly, it fails to save the camera location and light orientation I have set previously.

But the failure to save a garment is really troubling. I save them separately, and it works fine. But not as part of a project.

Posted: 23 July 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2003-10-09

Except for the saving for the default setup I experimented with, I never really bothered doing a ‘Save Project’.  (Lots of things I don’t bother with, I guess…*grin*)  For me, it’s all about making the clothing.
I always just save the garment by itself.  Again, it’s because I render elsewhere, so saving the camera and lights doesn’t matter to me.

*shrug*  You just have to decide for yourself how important it is, and how badly you want to nudge the MD team to fix the bug…. If it matters to you, *do* put in a bug report so they know there is a user who wants that particular thing done.  They DO listen.

Posted: 23 July 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-15

Hey, I think you’re right…

I get into such a mindset of saving scenes and projects with this stuff, that it didn’t occur to me that for MD it’s not really needed. Just make a default scene, then load clothing as needed. Cool, thanks.

4 of 4