August Carrara Monthly Challenge: SIZE MATTERS!
This challenge is meant to help depict one of Carrara’s great strengths. The ability to use its tools to create either really close and intimate scenes, or really massive world size scenes, or even combinations of the two. So this challenge is all about depicting scale. It doesn’t matter if it’s a giant scale or a microscopic scale. What your image needs to do is to make the viewer feel the scale. It should almost have an emotional impact and make the viewer say, wow!
Extra special thanks to DAZ 3D and RingoMontfort for sponsoring this challenge!
DAZ 3D is once again offering:
1st place: $100.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).
2nd place: $50.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).
3rd place: $25.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).
Two honorable mentions will each receive: $10.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).
RingoMontfort is again offering:
1st Place: 3 items from his store.
2nd Place: 2 items from his store.
3rd place: 1 item from his store.
Two honorable mentions will each receive: 1 item from his store.
Addendum to the prize list: 1st Place winner gets the horror- I mean HONOR of hosting the next challenge. The winner gets to choose the theme and the rules. I tell ya’ It’s enough to make an atheist pray. Just kidding, it’s almost not that bad.
The rules for this one will be pretty simple:
1) As always, pre-made content is allowed (and even encouraged) as long as you list it. Links (if possible, but not required) would be great!
2) Two items must be either made or significantly altered in Carrara. The difference this time is that I’m not requiring a specific function to be used. You decide what you’re going to do!
3) When the entry thread is opened, you must link to at least two of your WIPs from this thread in your entry.
4) Renders must be done in Carrara unless you use a Carrara plugin to get the scene into a 3rd party renderer, such as Octane or Lux, in which case a description of the process is required in one of the WIPs.
5) Postwork is allowed. If Postwork is used, you must post a raw render and a description of the postwork that was done in one of your WIPs.
6) You may enter up to two images. Votes will be on a per image basis and will not be a combined vote for both images (should two be entered). Final images must be posted in the Entry thread to be considered. If you can’t enter them in the entry thread due to extenuating circumstances, PM me so that we can work something out. Voting is open to anyone with a DAZ 3D account. Anonymous voting is allowed only with exceptional circumstances. PM me to find out if I’ll allow it.
Dates To Remember:
WIP Thread open Sunday, July 20th, 2014 and closes when voting begins.
Submission Thread Open on Saturday, August 2, 2014.
Submissions close and thread is changed to voting thread on Friday, August 15, 2014, at around 8:00 PM U.S. Mountain Time.
Voting ends Wednesday, August 20, 2014, at around 8:00 PM U.S. Mountain Time.
Thanks again to our fine sponsors, DAZ 3D and RingoMontfort for sponsoring this challenge!