Digital Art Zone

4 of 5
Night & Day City - Product Promo [Commercial]
Posted: 23 July 2014 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1215
Joined  2005-04-12

I am still working on getting an answer for you regarding the missing textures.

Posted: 24 July 2014 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-12
Patience55 - 22 July 2014 08:09 PM
PhilW - 22 July 2014 02:32 AM

Stezza - you need to check the “Light Through Transparency” too!

Patience55 - It does not look like your scene is picking up the textures correctly - for example the pavements are black and the graffiti panels on some buildings are also black.  Have you installed to another location than the Carrara folder?  In any case, it should give you a requester to find the textures rather than just not loading them.  if you can let me know, we can try to resolve.

No error messages, but yes no textures where expected either. No face on the people and there’s one in the folder.
Now, it doesn’t seem to matter where I put the scene folder—- unless it’s the wrong place altogether.
Sadly I can’t seem to get the program to recognize a bunch of stuff I have in my real Scene folder.
Can add the scene folder twice and that will add in a few more folders but not all of ‘em. Haven’t overly fussed with it all ... one might throw everything in one basket like “skies” and “sky” because it won’t recognize each folder.
At any rate in the images you can see where I’ve put the scene and presets ... feel free to tell me where it is they should be put instead.

Hi Patience,  I have had the following suggested from DAZ:
“you can ask them to un install it, then down load the manual version, un zip it and then copy the folders to her Carrara 8.5 folder to their respective folders ie Presets and scenes.”

Sorry this is a bit of a bind, but we suspect that there is something strange with your installation, as we are all getting no problems at our end.

Posted: 24 July 2014 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2011-05-15

Someone mentioned “if I had 8.5”.

I only work in 7.2. Does this product work in 7.2?

Thanks! Looks great

Signature 

Patron the creation of Outstanding Pajamas: http://www.patreon.com/BCRice

Posted: 24 July 2014 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8393
Joined  2009-07-13

well Sparrowhawks plugin has a 7.2 version so say it would
I am having issues in C8.5 but works in C8,1

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 24 July 2014 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-12

It was developed in 8.5 and works fine for me in that (on Windows).  As Sparrowhawke has a version of his plugin for Carrara7, it should work.  You always have the DAZ 28 day guarantee if you encounter problems, but I do not anticipate any issues.

Posted: 24 July 2014 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  328
Joined  2003-10-09

Great product, I’m using it in my Carrara challange entry for this month!
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/648950/

Signature 

My Deviant Art Gallery- http://d-j-o.deviantart.com/gallery/

My Daz gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/183/

My Web Comic Holy Toledo http://dogst.com/

Posted: 24 July 2014 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-12
kashyyyk - 24 July 2014 04:12 PM

Great product, I’m using it in my Carrara challange entry for this month!
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/648950/

That’s looking really cool!

Posted: 24 July 2014 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2011-05-15
wendy♥catz - 24 July 2014 03:35 PM

well Sparrowhawks plugin has a 7.2 version so say it would
I am having issues in C8.5 but works in C8,1

Great! smile

Signature 

Patron the creation of Outstanding Pajamas: http://www.patreon.com/BCRice

Posted: 24 July 2014 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8393
Joined  2009-07-13

yes Phil I have other issues in C8.1 I have yet to resolve so may be related to that
since I replaced my C drive with a SSD and moved everything, is a bit of a mess

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 24 July 2014 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5216
Joined  2012-04-07
PhilW - 24 July 2014 12:39 PM
Patience55 - 22 July 2014 08:09 PM
PhilW - 22 July 2014 02:32 AM

Stezza - you need to check the “Light Through Transparency” too!

Patience55 - It does not look like your scene is picking up the textures correctly - for example the pavements are black and the graffiti panels on some buildings are also black.  Have you installed to another location than the Carrara folder?  In any case, it should give you a requester to find the textures rather than just not loading them.  if you can let me know, we can try to resolve.

No error messages, but yes no textures where expected either. No face on the people and there’s one in the folder.
Now, it doesn’t seem to matter where I put the scene folder—- unless it’s the wrong place altogether.
Sadly I can’t seem to get the program to recognize a bunch of stuff I have in my real Scene folder.
Can add the scene folder twice and that will add in a few more folders but not all of ‘em. Haven’t overly fussed with it all ... one might throw everything in one basket like “skies” and “sky” because it won’t recognize each folder.
At any rate in the images you can see where I’ve put the scene and presets ... feel free to tell me where it is they should be put instead.

Hi Patience,  I have had the following suggested from DAZ:
“you can ask them to un install it, then down load the manual version, un zip it and then copy the folders to her Carrara 8.5 folder to their respective folders ie Presets and scenes.”

Sorry this is a bit of a bind, but we suspect that there is something strange with your installation, as we are all getting no problems at our end.

... except it was already a manual install with the folders copied over to their respective folders wink
... I made an entire copy of all the images and put them into the scene folder too ...
... it’s also possible that something is just off ... I do not comprehend what or why Carrara is doing what it is. I have a folder called “skies” ... it insists to call it “sky” ... and refuses to acknowledge certain scene folders unless I add the entire scene folder also ... or remake a whole bunch of purchased scenes into seen folders ...
... found the edit button for shaders ... mostly showing default grey stuff? ... contemplating resurfaces stuff and saving out new files or whatever ... it is a nice set. thanks for trying to help. 

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 25 July 2014 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-12

The only thing I can think is that Carrara’s relative addressing is expecting Carrara to be somewhere like C:/Programs/DAZ3D/CarraraXX rather than a top level folder like you have.  Have you tried moving the whole folder into your Programs folder?  For this reason, most of my sets use internal maps so there are no issues finding them, however when I tried it with this set, it ended up being over 1GB due to the multiple times each map was used, so this is really the only sensible solution in this case.

Posted: 25 July 2014 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1287
Joined  2003-10-09

1st - I finally have your city set and Sparrowhawke’s plugin working now, thanks.  It is great.  C8.5 Pro on windows 7.

But, there is something odd going on when installing Carrara-related content.  See my exchange with fixmypcmike (who has tried to be helpful) here.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/43623/P45/

This wasn’t just your city set.  I found some of your hair models, Ringo’s shaders, and Howie’s environment sets scattered across several directories that I know I didn’t create.  So, there is obviously something odd going on with Carrara and content installation.  I had used the DIM, which I think was the most likely source of the problem (fixmypcmike doesn’t think so).  I will manually install Carrara content in the future.

In any case, as a Carrara content creator, thought you would want to know.

Posted: 25 July 2014 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5216
Joined  2012-04-07
PhilW - 25 July 2014 02:05 AM

The only thing I can think is that Carrara’s relative addressing is expecting Carrara to be somewhere like C:/Programs/DAZ3D/CarraraXX rather than a top level folder like you have.  Have you tried moving the whole folder into your Programs folder?  For this reason, most of my sets use internal maps so there are no issues finding them, however when I tried it with this set, it ended up being over 1GB due to the multiple times each map was used, so this is really the only sensible solution in this case.

Well that might explain a few things. I’ll give it a try and see what happens. There is at times a problem with programs “in” the protected folders as in for programs wanting to write info into their folders; W7 won’t let them. [in case anybody was wondering why some of us put programs outside of main base]

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 04 August 2014 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-12

I am working on a companion product to Night & Day City, let’s call it “City Central” for now, it will provide a range of taller feature buildings, inspired by some famous actual buildings plus a dose of my own imagination. This is a quick and dirty render so not what I would call final quality, but it gives you an idea of what I am working on - the existing Night & Day City in the foreground, the new tall buildings set in the background.

Image Attachments
Distant_Central_Early_version.jpg

Posted: 04 September 2014 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2006-07-14
PhilW - 04 August 2014 10:05 AM

I am working on a companion product to Night & Day City, let’s call it “City Central” for now, it will provide a range of taller feature buildings, inspired by some famous actual buildings plus a dose of my own imagination. This is a quick and dirty render so not what I would call final quality, but it gives you an idea of what I am working on - the existing Night & Day City in the foreground, the new tall buildings set in the background.

Phil,

I really enjoy working with your Night & Day City set and look forward to purchasing any and all “Companion” products that you develop for it.  City Central looks very interesting and will hit my “cart” as soon as it is released.

I really appreciate how easy it is to customize all of the different elements of the set including, but not limited to, the signage and the amount and colors of the light emanating from the various building’s windows.

Here is a quick test render using this set.

Image Attachments
City_At_Night_Test.jpg

4 of 5