Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Bryce Birthday this year? Happy Birthday!!!!!!
Posted: 15 August 2014 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2003-10-09
CTippetts - 15 August 2014 12:32 PM
angusm - 15 August 2014 05:36 AM
CTippetts - 14 August 2014 08:40 PM
angusm - 18 July 2014 03:23 PM

... I still have my original Bryce 1 floppy disks somewhere.

@angusm - You ought to do a UVMapper of that Bryce 1.0 floppy disk for us.

I’m not sure I understand.  ...

UV-Mapper is free ... It creates meshes from images and exports as obj ... I’m not at all asking for a copy of the disk or the data it contains ... just basically a photo-realistic image of the disk itself. ...  Um, I guess I’m assuming it has an official Bryce label ... probably saying something about Corel instead of DAZ. Otherwise it’s just a floppy, and who cares?

OK, this makes sense. Sorry for being slow on the uptake.

The label, as I recall, was rather pretty. And it says KPT, rather than Corel, because this is long before Corel got their fat fingers on it.

I promise you, if you make a Bryce model of that disk, and send your image to that same thread that post is in, you will get tons of respectful praise.

I will do anything for respectful praise. Can’t remember the last time that I had any of that.

... It really is a rare thing you have, and this is about the only group in the world that would really show proper appreciation. Not sure if any of us would pay fifteen gazillion anything even to own it, but we’d all like to marvel at it. Don’t make me beg, dang it.

I wouldn’t dream of making you beg. Alas, however, I may have to make you wait.

The disk in question is actually on another continent, so any scanning will have to wait until I next go to the United Kingdom. I don’t know quite when that will be, as it depends on family stuff, airfares, etc. However, the next time that I do go, I will be happy to scan/photograph/etc. the disk. Always assuming that I didn’t throw it out. Which I think I didn’t, but it’s just the kind of bone-headed thing I could have done.

Anyway, sorry for the delay, but if the disk is still there then I will image it every way that I can think of and post the results here.

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

2 of 2