Digital Art Zone

Reset my downloads for Carrara 8 Pro and got the 8.5 Beta???
Posted: 20 July 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2003-10-09

I just reset my downloads for Carrara 8 Pro and I got the 8.5 Beta. Why!!!???!!! I needed to install it on my work Mac and when I tried to enter the serial number that is listed in my account, it would not except it. How the heck do I get the previous non beta version?

David

Posted: 20 July 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2006-01-21
GRFK DSGN Unlimited - 20 July 2012 10:03 AM

I just reset my downloads for Carrara 8 Pro and I got the 8.5 Beta. Why!!!???!!! I needed to install it on my work Mac and when I tried to enter the serial number that is listed in my account, it would not except it. How the heck do I get the previous non beta version?

David

Hi, the re-set should include both the Beta and the Release version of Carrara. I believe from previous posts that the files can look the same in the download list but if you download each one you should be able to tell which is which. I think this was discussed in the Beta thread at the top of the Carrara forum.

Quote from that thread
“Check your downloads and you will find several downloads including ‘Carrara 8 Pro - Win64bit - exe - pc’ and ‘Carrara 8 Pro - Carrara 8 Application PC 64 - exe - pc’. The latter is the one you paid for.”
A Similar name should apply to the MAC version.

The serial for the Beta is CDZCPRO-085-0000026-BLW-001-EBTOLPQ Expires August 31st, 2012.
If you use it you should do a separate install to the production version.

Signature 

http://roguepilot.deviantart.com/
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RoguePilot
http://www.ShareCG.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=RoguePilot

Posted: 20 July 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the clarification. After I reset the download and saw 64bit and i386, I was clueless as to which was the right one. And then when I finally downloaded I discovered I had gotten the beta version. Went back and looked again and found the right one. Their naming system is so confusing on the download page. Just sayin…

Posted: 20 July 2012 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2010-02-14

Yeah, this happened to me when I tried to resort back to the original DS 4.0 Pro after I was getting extremely frustrated with the 4.5 RC. Even though all reset files said they were the 4.0 Pro version, my Application still loaded the 4.5 version.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 21 July 2012 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2005-08-20

Go to the second page of your downloads and d/l the actual stable version.

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.