Digital Art Zone

Download DAZ Studio 3.1.2?
Posted: 20 July 2012 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2005-04-06

Hello,

I’m trying to get a friend of mine into DAZ as she is very much interested in learning to use it. But because I use 3.1.2 and not DS 4, I would like to get her the same program. But I cannot seem to find the download anywhere! Is it not on the DAZ site anymore? I want her to download it so she can get a serial number from the site as we’re supposed to. Thanks!

Signature 

http://drowelfmorwen.deviantart.com/

Posted: 20 July 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7538
Joined  2006-03-19

I don’t know of any place that has that version for download. Most of the download sites are updated with 4.0. The only place you can probably get it from is from a 3D World magazine. I could be mistaken though and someone still has it up.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 20 July 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2011-02-06

Daz Studio 3 is considered by some ppl as “dead” software.I still have somewhere rared (archived) on my computer Daz 3.1.2.19 and Daz 3.1.2.24.If an admin can confirm if it is ok to create a sharing post for you then ill try to help you, but why can’t you just copy your setup installer and give it to her and she’ll write to daz for a serial request..if you still have the setup grin
Adamr001 said “Only difference between 3.1.2.19 and 3.1.2.24 is the Bryce Bridge… I’ve had no slowdown issues on my machine when comparing the two.” but anyways daz 3 is buggy with the content manager and youll need to run a backup data content script when you install new content and rename a folder , red my replies here :
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=98977&start=100 (also the the script link is still active on 1st page)
Personally i have the daz 4 free version but without content, im thinking to reinstall daz 3 becuse many of the great addons such uberenvironments,uberlights, or reality 1.5..are compatible with daz 3 only and i have old content compatible with 3.If daz keeps releasing new versions and the purchased “addons” are not compatible any more every month i might uninstall everything and move to 3ds max or maya ..or free org software such as blender.So far i enjoy Bryce more than daz lol grin
Oh and here is a post about the photoshop bridge to daz3
  Daz 3D photoshop Bridge

Signature 

“If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts..” LOL
( Albert Einstein )

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06

I’m afraid you can’t redistribute them.  You’d have to either find it on a magazine CD or ask Support.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products