Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Animation tuts?
Posted: 02 August 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2005-09-28
shaykall - 01 August 2012 03:09 AM

I followed your suggestion and reduced the size of the document for the animation, I had it set to maximum, but changed it to 720 X 421, then re rendered the animation, it worked.

Kantaris Media player opened and the AVI was OK, I ran it a couple of times, I even closed the player down and clicked on the file itself and it opened up and played ok, I then opened it up in VLC Player (the other player that gave me issues) and it worked as well.

So reducing the document size removes the issues, your the animation guru, does this give any inkling as to the problem?

Happy to help.

... You say you reduced the document size? What was it before? “Maximum” is 4000px square… Which is 16,000,000 pixels of 24-bit imagery you’re trying to cram on a screen that would have 2000x1600 pixels or less, roughly.

If this is the case, and the frame rate is as you had it in the screenshots prior, your main problem is that you were trying to deliver more information to your screen than any prosumer computer can manage. It’s like trying to push a river of water through a domestic shower.

Currently, HD imagery for consumer markets is a max of 1080p, or 1920x1080 pixels, or about 1/8th of the data you were trying to flick at your screen in any one frame. When I do paid work, I seldom deliver footage higher than 720p because it’s all they need for high quality imagery. Anything higher and I’m just wasting render time.

For animations you want to post-produce with other video apps, I recommend sticking with the industry conventions, and try not to view uncompressed footage. (AVI is uncompressed footage. Perfect for rendering out raw footage, but you should convert a copy to a compressed format, like MP4 with a H.264 codec, for viewing.) Oz is a PAL country, so stick with 720p @ 25 fps. Rendering out ‘unconventional’ sizes is totally fine… but always look to keep it at a level that computers can handle.

Gluck smile

Signature 

Oroboros Presents… KEY-FLAME: Bryce Animation Tutorials

Posted: 03 August 2012 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2009-07-07
Oroboros - 02 August 2012 03:13 PM
shaykall - 01 August 2012 03:09 AM

I followed your suggestion and reduced the size of the document for the animation, I had it set to maximum, but changed it to 720 X 421, then re rendered the animation, it worked.

Kantaris Media player opened and the AVI was OK, I ran it a couple of times, I even closed the player down and clicked on the file itself and it opened up and played ok, I then opened it up in VLC Player (the other player that gave me issues) and it worked as well.

So reducing the document size removes the issues, your the animation guru, does this give any inkling as to the problem?

Happy to help.

... You say you reduced the document size? What was it before? “Maximum” is 4000px square… Which is 16,000,000 pixels of 24-bit imagery you’re trying to cram on a screen that would have 2000x1600 pixels or less, roughly.

If this is the case, and the frame rate is as you had it in the screenshots prior, your main problem is that you were trying to deliver more information to your screen than any prosumer computer can manage. It’s like trying to push a river of water through a domestic shower.

Currently, HD imagery for consumer markets is a max of 1080p, or 1920x1080 pixels, or about 1/8th of the data you were trying to flick at your screen in any one frame. When I do paid work, I seldom deliver footage higher than 720p because it’s all they need for high quality imagery. Anything higher and I’m just wasting render time.

For animations you want to post-produce with other video apps, I recommend sticking with the industry conventions, and try not to view uncompressed footage. (AVI is uncompressed footage. Perfect for rendering out raw footage, but you should convert a copy to a compressed format, like MP4 with a H.264 codec, for viewing.) Oz is a PAL country, so stick with 720p @ 25 fps. Rendering out ‘unconventional’ sizes is totally fine… but always look to keep it at a level that computers can handle.

Gluck smile

I understand what you are saying, I have the document resolution set at 1514 X 885, I have a little trouble navigating in Bryce so I have the size as big as possible to help me, but now I will remember to set is to a lower size for rendering. 

thanks for your assistance..

2 of 2