Digital Art Zone

3 of 8
The Neanderthal [Commercial]
Posted: 21 July 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank You !!  Mrs.Neanderthal would join her hubby just a little bit later as I am working on 3 projects at this moment switching between wink

Cath

Cathy_Mod - 21 July 2012 08:02 AM

Wow Cath this looks so amazing!  Really looking forward to this - will there be a Mrs. Neanderthal as well? grin  I am so excited to hear you are taking on a project like this, your work is always so admirable.  Thanks for the work that you do grin

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 21 July 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

Looking great Cath-as always you are breaking new ground.

Posted: 21 July 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I just try to make the product more attractive as without the extras it is pointless in this situation . Textures and morph are not enough in this case and I have some fun also . smile

thank you

Cath

Eric Walters - 21 July 2012 12:02 PM

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanx for showing the comparison heads. The Neanderthal head looks very authentic.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/don-albert/

http://www.donalbertgraphicarts.com/

Posted: 22 July 2012 03:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3573
Joined  2012-02-06
Mec4D - 21 July 2012 12:08 PM

I just try to make the product more attractive as without the extras it is pointless in this situation . Textures and morph are not enough in this case and I have some fun also . smile

thank you

Cath

Have you decided how this will be offered for sale yet? Will the accessories be sold together with the character, or separately? Or both ways (like some of 3D Universe’s products)? I’d be interested in the bundle, but all I really need is the character, since my main intent is to use Neanderthals in fantasy-type scenes rather than prehistoric ones.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 22 July 2012 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

the character as you saw in the preview pictures will be as one package , the additional extra accessories would be separate
I don’t think that stone and spear will change here the price smile But the hair , facial hair and eyebrows , full body morph and the 2 cloths will be in the main package as well as this belong to the character , I think that full character packages are better in place of a product that link to other stuff what it is made of , it is like I would make a Cat woman and you need to buy the suit by someone else or separate as the customer is only interesting in the textures lol you know what I mean
I do this to avoid the Neanderthal later dressed in leopard underwear or Mrs. Neanderthal in bikini to hide the nudity

the cave and any other additional stuff is optional

Scott-Livingston - 22 July 2012 03:11 AM
Mec4D - 21 July 2012 12:08 PM

thank you

Cath

Have you decided how this will be offered for sale yet? Will the accessories be sold together with the character, or separately? Or both ways (like some of 3D Universe’s products)? I’d be interested in the bundle, but all I really need is the character, since my main intent is to use Neanderthals in fantasy-type scenes rather than prehistoric ones.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 22 July 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2004-11-12

I have one quick question about the Neanderthal. Does he come with textures for the M5 Gens? Right now we’re kind of lacking in male texture packs that support the M5 gens.

Posted: 22 July 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I am sorry but no gens for this type of character , the future cro magnon will be based on M5 UV’s and Gens as well .as it will be pretty reusable for regular human male character and I don’t see it with the Neanderthal as it will not works the same way , the face structure is completely different and textures will not match visual very well when using regular human morph ,the 3D textures are created on the morphed body to match it , if used on regular body morph it will deform to much losing the details on the face and the lower limbs , it will looks very weird and stretched . You will have to wait for the next release

BishounenTaurus - 22 July 2012 07:51 AM

I have one quick question about the Neanderthal. Does he come with textures for the M5 Gens? Right now we’re kind of lacking in male texture packs that support the M5 gens.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 22 July 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The last Neanderthals was living between the forest and the steppe just on the line with tundra and never crosses the edges where the cold started as no reminds was found in the areas of Tundra but mostly in the warmer areas between the forest and the grass steppe where they hunting for large animals ,  Savannah is more for the African side but they did not occupied the territory .
Sometimes I am wondering , they could never survive in so small group for 600,000 , I believe that the ice age wiped them out to the small group and the cro magnon and modern human finally finish them , the continents in ice age was much bigger as it is now ,  when the ice melted it covered a big part of the continents and the lower parts go under water and with it the biggest part of the history , we are still in the ice age and the ice still melting and more land will be under water in the future , the next big ace age will destroy all evidences again living only a part of earth continents not covered with ice where the life go forward , the glaciation is so powerful grinding everything on it;s path like coffee grinder forming new landscapes and creating steppes , not for nothing the early civilizations build Pyramids in the areas and accumulate in more safe environment , the theory that there was not enough food for the Neanderthals to have more tribes make not sense also, the modern human would never enter south Europe if there was no food , the immigrate in search for better existence and more food , maybe the early modern humans bring new diseases that wipe out the neanderthal , as the Spanish did this to Mayans bringing cold and other diseases that Mayan was not immune to , that seems also the reason for the Spaniard to take over the Mayan cities , that would make more sense . Influenza and Cholera wiped out a lot of European folk not so long ago , it happen before and it can happen again tomorrow . If we don;t monitor or protect us from the diseases we would be gone already well Neanderthals or early homo sapiens did not washed hands before dinner or had vaccine smile

Don Albert - 20 July 2012 03:10 PM

It’s so cool seeing how much interest this Neanderthal is generating. Quest for Fire is one of my all-time favorite movies, and the book was quite good tho fairly different from the movie.

About add-on props again:
A spear, with or without flint head, that is not a perfect cylinder, more twisted, a few knobs.
A deer antler-tip for knapping, and a roundish hammer-stone. Some flint blanks?
A fire drill stick and base (without the bow).
Maybe a fur wrap/loincloth without the over-the-shoulder part. Useful for more articulated posing.

I have searched hi and lo for good cave models and only found a few that are just adequate. So a good cave would be wonderful. Most occupied caves were limestone. A ceiling about twice the height of a man is minimal for smoke dispersal. A cave should have some outside foreground.

Maybe someone could do new and better savannah backdrops for the Cyclorama/DAZ Environment?

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 23 July 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2004-08-11

Nice to see a new product from you in the making Cath.  He looks awesome!  Needs more fur!  lmao!  raspberry *runs*  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 23 July 2012 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3573
Joined  2012-02-06

Regarding megafauna, the Columbian Mammoth (made by Cath, a freebie add-on for the African Elephant) is a contemporary of the Neanderthal, but lived on a different continent so it wouldn’t work for 100% historical accuracy. DinoRaul has made some mammalian megafauna including a Wooly Rhinoceros (in addition to his many dinosaurs, which are awesome, but of course would only work with the Neanderthal if you are looking for a Flintstones-esque render). He has some stuff here, but most of the mammals are at Renderosity, I think.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 23 July 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Scott-Livingston - 23 July 2012 10:00 AM

Regarding megafauna, the Columbian Mammoth (made by Cath, a freebie add-on for the African Elephant) is a contemporary of the Neanderthal, but lived on a different continent so it wouldn’t work for 100% historical accuracy. DinoRaul has made some mammalian megafauna including a Wooly Rhinoceros (in addition to his many dinosaurs, which are awesome, but of course would only work with the Neanderthal if you are looking for a Flintstones-esque render). He has some stuff here, but most of the mammals are at Renderosity, I think.

Thank you Scott but I have all those, I need some addon’s really, the Buck would work as a GegaArous (forgive my spelling it’s a gaint deer) if I had a new Rack for it and a Hyenadon texture would be nice if I could find a hyena, then the shortfaced cave bear comes to mind as well as the cavelion all of which looked much different than just scaled up figures. I’ve tried that route and it just comes out lacking.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 23 July 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1820
Joined  2005-06-08
Mec4D - 21 July 2012 10:42 AM

Thank You !!  Mrs.Neanderthal would join her hubby just a little bit later as I am working on 3 projects at this moment switching between wink

Cathy_Mod - 21 July 2012 08:02 AM

Wow Cath this looks so amazing!  Really looking forward to this - will there be a Mrs. Neanderthal as well? grin  I am so excited to hear you are taking on a project like this, your work is always so admirable.  Thanks for the work that you do grin

Excellent!  And one for the GenesisKid, like in your previous Mil4 set?  I’m also hoping that the head and body morphs will be separate, I’m looking forward to the mix’n'match possibilities.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 23 July 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes we need woolly mammoth for the Neanderthal as they attack them when the eat grass in the tundra killing a solitary mammoth with hand-thrusted spears mostly around a water where the woolly mammoth and other animals drink water ,they did not save the rest of the food ,it was food on demand , they did not run after the animals as they had a very short legs hunting in groups .. well we need a really woolly mammoth so I will try to make some fur and see if this works ,in DS it will works only if each group have own fur section what would be good to transfer the old elephant to a new rigging system .

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 23 July 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I wonder if the dogs was Neanderthal friends or meat , as they found the dogs with the mammoth bones

Jaderail - 23 July 2012 11:20 AM

Thank you Scott but I have all those, I need some addon’s really, the Buck would work as a GegaArous (forgive my spelling it’s a gaint deer) if I had a new Rack for it and a Hyenadon texture would be nice if I could find a hyena, then the shortfaced cave bear comes to mind as well as the cavelion all of which looked much different than just scaled up figures. I’ve tried that route and it just comes out lacking.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

3 of 8