Digital Art Zone

1 of 8
The Neanderthal [Commercial]
Posted: 19 July 2012 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi Guys, I would like to show you new prototype of upcoming new character for genesis
the product will include the full body morph, 3D scalp hair , Eyebrows hair, facial hair
poncho , fur dress with additional 3d hair for better effect plus spear and stone .
\I am still working on it but would like to show you the progress and I hope you like ,
and if you like then I will do the rest of the family but that is depended of the popularity of this character based on
historical documentation and real Neanderthal’s skeleton so a little reconstruction in this case .
There was a lot of version regarding to the final look like red hair, ginger blond or black but it can be always changed in the material room

I hope you like

Cath

P.S I still not finished the body textures and stuff

Image Attachments
7.png
6.png
1.png
2.png
5.png
 Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 19 July 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Neanderthal vs Caucasian Homo Sapiens

Image Attachments
comparison-neander-vs-modern.jpg
comparison-neander-vs-modern2.jpg
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 20 July 2012 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I so need this, like Now. I’m in a Primative Life project, I would pay for other stone tools also if they were made.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 20 July 2012 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Then you are not the only one smile
after that I am for plan to finish Cro-Magnon also as I am half on the way with it also .the 7 feet giant early European folk
I should be finished with the Neanderthal like this weekend already , do you have any web based info indicate about the other stone tools they used ? beside the spear and handy stone I can’t find anything , the all tools was stone based but not much detailed info about
they do as well used also some jewelries made from teeth and shell

Cath

Jaderail - 20 July 2012 12:00 AM

I so need this, like Now. I’m in a Primative Life project, I would pay for other stone tools also if they were made.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 20 July 2012 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Give me a few I can get all you need. I will add links to this post as I gather them.
This is one Friendly Site follow the links on tools for more info http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/stoneage/tool-nf.html
Here is another http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/behavior/tools/early-tools
And this one is a fun site http://www.stoneagetools.co.uk/

If you need more let me know.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 20 July 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok great !

Jaderail - 20 July 2012 12:32 AM

Give me a few I can get all you need. I will add links to this post as I gather them.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 20 July 2012 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I added three of my fave’s, I also have some on Spears and Fire Bows and clothing ect… Just let me know what your interested in.

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2012 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok but that are stone age , and I need tools at last 35.000 years old used by Neanderthals and there is not much about , what you see in the image bellow is included + fur poncho as I show before , the stone age tools could be used more for the later homo sapiens in the time of the ice age .. I will figure something out

Image Attachments
THE_NEANDERTHAL_GENESIS_MEC4D.jpg
 Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Mec4D I’m a big primatve life person the Neanderthal used stone tools of the same types they were just not as refinded as the later races.
http://www.paleodirect.com/pgset2/m199.htm
http://www.stoneageartifacts.com/html/Artifact-Flakes-Misc.html
http://www.paleodirect.com/m153.htm
http://anthropology.net/2008/08/26/on-neandertal-stone-tools-estimations-of-their-intelligence/

All these are Neanderthal artifacts.

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  2009-08-05

Wow!! looking great!!!! Hope it comes with the render engine you used:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok I will check out and make some more
I guess if they used spears they could also make a stone axes as well as they know how attach the stones to the wood , and just because we don’t found it don’t mean they did not used , if they used tools for painting with a pigment then they was not that stupid as some thinking , with this size of brain I belief they was much more advanced , with the hairy version I don’t believe as on this time there was a great weather in the areas where they stay and fur on the body was pointless , Eskimo living in a very cold climate and does not have fur at all so native north Americans, I wish I can add more details but so far the character is over 300 MB with all the extras not to mention the rest of the maps as specular ,normal and true displacement   , will show more in the progress

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

thanks, you own it already ,  well maybe not my HDRI light ... and additional lens correction and motion blur in photoshop for the last composed render is not so special ..

Zev0 - 20 July 2012 01:29 AM

Wow!! looking great!!!! Hope it comes with the render engine you used:)

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I still love it and Need it. Anything you do in the Primative line will be a must buy for me. Now if we had more of the Mega Fauna that lived in those days I would really be happy.

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I can do some scene as well but without the mega fauna , still you can add plants by yourself
a nice cave scene with a fire place would be not bad I guess together with panorama around would make it simple and impressive as for one package , I will see if time allow me to do that , if not I could add this a little later anyway

Jaderail - 20 July 2012 01:47 AM

I still love it and Need it. Anything you do in the Primative line will be a must buy for me. Now if we had more of the Mega Fauna that lived in those days I would really be happy.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 20 July 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

A nice Cave scene would be great!! I have loads of Enviroment sets and trees I can add but a nice Cave, That would Rock in more ways than one. Thank You for doing Items that to me seem to be over looked in the 3D world. Not everyone wants fantasy or Sc-Fi or Medeval stuff. I’m looking forward to your work.

My Primative work Food

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1262
Joined  2005-02-25

he looks great! and textures look amazing to, I see you got a skin for him this time good thinking 99 LOL.

Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

1 of 8