3 of 9
List Your Carrara Issues Here
Posted: 13 July 2014 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8418
Joined  2009-07-13

that depends how many are using C8.5
I only do if it needs to use FBX import or genesis .duf content as too unnecessarily unstable otherwise
I feel more confident with C8.1

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 July 2014 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2013-11-20

Okay seeing as some people misunderstood I have updated the first post in this thread to help clear things up, but I will post the same here

THIS THREAD IS TO LIST ANY ISSUES YOU HAVE WITH ANY VERSION OF CARRARA YOU USE.

Now I don’t think I can make it any clearer than that

Signature 

Visit me @ http://www.artistxinc.com

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it, agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering

Posted: 13 July 2014 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  0

At the risk of sounding like someone else (Dartanbeck), I LOVE Carrara.

Well maybe love is too strong of a word, after all, it’s software we’re talking about.  I use Carrara as a hobby, entertainment, education, ... and it’s fun to play with. 

My issue with C8.5, if you can call it an “issue”, is the fact that is exists.  Don’t get me wrong, I play with C8.5 on a daily basis, trying this and that.  I get the impression that Daz caved in to the pressure from a very vocal community for an update of any sort for Carrara. The thing to remember is that C8.5 is BETA software and things aren’t supposed to work perfectly.  But, it works quite well for all the things that I want to play around with.  Yes, I run into things that don’t quite work as expected, weght painting comes to mind.  I find myself reverting back to the production build of C8.1.  Rigging in general I find quite inadequate in any version of Carrara.  The vertex modeller hangs up consistantly in C8.5, so again, I revert back to the production build.  One just needs to read the forums to get a list of all the things that a lacking in C8.5.

As Wendy says,“I only do if it needs yo use FBX import or genesis .duf content as too unnecessarily unstable otherwise
I feel more confident with C8.1”

Then there is Genesis, and Genesis 2 M&F, and I belive the root of the problem.  Daz’s insistance on making Carrara Genesis friendly is a mistake in my opinion, maybe not so much as a ‘mistake’, but definitely premature.  Daz should have focused on making Carrara ‘User Friendly’  insted of Genesis friendly.  Having said that, I think Genesis and all its incarnations is the coolest thing since sliced bread.  I think it’s an awesome piece of work, and now that the genie is out of the bottle,  the ‘Community’ rears its sometimes nasty head, putting more pressure on Daz to “make it work”.

Just speaking for myself, I wish the Genesis platform whould back out of Carrara.  Carrara was great without Genesis, and it can still be great,  if Daz can update the “core” of Carrara to be more functional or modernize some of the other features of the software, such as the modeller, UV editor, animation tools, cloth and hair,  etc…
There are so many good things in this amazing software, and when C9 comes out, (and I’m confident that is will “Soon”),  I’ll be in the first in line to get it.

Posted: 13 July 2014 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-01-18

I would very much appreciate if the sequencer part were designed bigger
an overall scaling option for the UI would be great

Signature 

my Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/544

Posted: 13 July 2014 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6056
Joined  2006-08-27
ProPose - 13 July 2014 10:18 AM

At the risk of sounding like someone else (Dartanbeck), I LOVE Carrara.

Well maybe love is too strong of a word, after all, it’s software we’re talking about.  I use Carrara as a hobby, entertainment, education, ... and it’s fun to play with. 

My issue with C8.5, if you can call it an “issue”, is the fact that is exists.  Don’t get me wrong, I play with C8.5 on a daily basis, trying this and that.  I get the impression that Daz caved in to the pressure from a very vocal community for an update of any sort for Carrara. The thing to remember is that C8.5 is BETA software and things aren’t supposed to work perfectly.  But, it works quite well for all the things that I want to play around with.  Yes, I run into things that don’t quite work as expected, weght painting comes to mind.  I find myself reverting back to the production build of C8.1.  Rigging in general I find quite inadequate in any version of Carrara.  The vertex modeller hangs up consistantly in C8.5, so again, I revert back to the production build.  One just needs to read the forums to get a list of all the things that a lacking in C8.5.

As Wendy says,“I only do if it needs yo use FBX import or genesis .duf content as too unnecessarily unstable otherwise
I feel more confident with C8.1”

Then there is Genesis, and Genesis 2 M&F, and I belive the root of the problem.  Daz’s insistance on making Carrara Genesis friendly is a mistake in my opinion, maybe not so much as a ‘mistake’, but definitely premature.  Daz should have focused on making Carrara ‘User Friendly’  insted of Genesis friendly.  Having said that, I think Genesis and all its incarnations is the coolest thing since sliced bread.  I think it’s an awesome piece of work, and now that the genie is out of the bottle,  the ‘Community’ rears its sometimes nasty head, putting more pressure on Daz to “make it work”.

Just speaking for myself, I wish the Genesis platform whould back out of Carrara.  Carrara was great without Genesis, and it can still be great,  if Daz can update the “core” of Carrara to be more functional or modernize some of the other features of the software, such as the modeller, UV editor, animation tools, cloth and hair,  etc…
There are so many good things in this amazing software, and when C9 comes out, (and I’m confident that is will “Soon”),  I’ll be in the first in line to get it.

I love Carrara as well. However, if DAZ sells C8.5, it is no longer a beta and they should support it and fix major bugs right away, and work on minor bug fixes for the next iteration.

With that in mind, to me, a major bug that should be fixed immediately is the network render node bug. As a Carrara Pro user, it is one of the reasons I bought the Pro version. I use C7.2 Pro, so until it is demonstrably fixed, I see no reason to “upgrade” to C8.5.

I would consider Genesis 2 support a minor bug that can wait for C9 because it was stated from the get-go that it wasn’t fully supported. That being said, DAZ needs to get it’s ass in gear and deliver on C9.

And IamArtistX, I don’t think we need to be scolded for not responding to your thread. What may be a major beef for you, may be nothing to someone else.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 13 July 2014 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-20
evilproducer - 13 July 2014 11:20 AM

I would consider Genesis 2 support a minor bug that can wait for C9 because it was stated from the get-go that it wasn’t fully supported. That being said, DAZ needs to get it’s ass in gear and deliver on C9.

Genesis doesnt work properly in C8.5 and that was one of its selling points, and when you use Genesis and it crashes the whole program to the desktop I would certainly count that as a major bug

Signature 

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it, agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering

Posted: 13 July 2014 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2003-10-09

I am seeing lately things I haven’t in Carrara. One, is for no discernible reason, some Carrara files recently created won’t open, get an error. Have had issues where there is just too much data in the file to render, and it shuts down when I use global illumination. I am on 8.5. Not sure if others have seen this.

Posted: 13 July 2014 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  661
Joined  2004-11-12
restif2004 - 13 July 2014 02:48 PM

I am seeing lately things I haven’t in Carrara. One, is for no discernible reason, some Carrara files recently created won’t open, get an error. Have had issues where there is just too much data in the file to render, and it shuts down when I use global illumination. I am on 8.5. Not sure if others have seen this.

I ran into this one time with 8.5, it was a large scene - saved with compression on (took a LONG. LONG time to save). I have since tried to remember to turn compression off when I save, and haven’t run into the issue again (which may just be luck).

Signature 

My Rendo Gallery
My RDNA Gallery
My DAZ 3D Gallery

Posted: 14 July 2014 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2003-10-09
Bobeagle77 - 11 July 2014 09:46 PM

Hi this is Bobeagle77, I will tell you in all honesty what my issue is with Carrara Pro 8.5 .Of course this is my rookie opinion. I am new Carrara user and I can see that its pretty powerful( renders are lightning fast and beautiful) but it feels ancient compare to Daz interface look, accessibility. Carrara feels very complicated and clunky. Daz Studios is way easier to pose and I can make animation faster here. Also while playing a animation in Daz Studios it looks really good and you can even move the camera around while the animation is running. I will keep my
Carrara Pro 8.5 in hopes that Daz makes Carrara Pro 9.0 more like Daz Studios 4.5 but with all the fancy goodies that Carrara has. I promise you that if Daz makes Carrara more user friendly. It will sell like pancake for a price range of $199-$299 range. I want Daz Studios to succeed and be in business for a very long time. I love Daz Studios products and have my own fun making art and animations.

I agree the posing tools in Carrara need updating.  It’s much easier to set up s scene and and pose with DS.  Tools like PowerPose, universal manipulator with the posing ball in the middle, etc.  One can create animation much quicker in DS, but without the richness of the animation features and faster rendering engine of Carrara.

Carrara’s IK is much more powerful, but is downright arcane and more complicated to use.  It should be simplified perhaps using pins like DS etc.

BTW - has anybody ever gotten the storyboard to work smoothly?  It’s a good idea but It pretty much locks up my system when I use it.

Posted: 14 July 2014 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2013-06-14

I agree the posing tools in Carrara need updating.  It’s much easier to set up s scene and and pose with DS.  Tools like PowerPose, universal manipulator with the posing ball in the middle, etc.  One can create animation much quicker in DS, but without the richness of the animation features and faster rendering engine of Carrara.

Carrara’s IK is much more powerful, but is downright arcane and more complicated to use.  It should be simplified perhaps using pins like DS etc.

BTW - has anybody ever gotten the storyboard to work smoothly?  It’s a good idea but It pretty much locks up my system when I use it.

Agree +1

Signature 

http://bobeagle77.deviantart.com/  Parental Discretion Is Advised: some renders Includes mature content.This is my DeviantArt renders portfolio. Thanks for checking out my stufft. cool smile

Posted: 14 July 2014 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  938
Joined  2006-06-12

Thanks for the thread and the “stickiness” of it.

1. Genesis needs to work properly. Right out of the box.

2. Autofit needs to work properly and consistently.

3. DUF files need to be able to be used properly. Right out of the box.

Thanks.

P.S. I love Carrara. It is my 3D software of choice. I’m using it as a professional and software MUST work properly and consistently.
Fix these issues because there are plenty of items I would like to get from Daz and other great vendors.

Can’t wait to get Olympia 6 working in Carrara.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 15 July 2014 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  725
Joined  2005-03-08

As a hobbyist I expect all Genesis to work properly along with autofit as tsarist says..

I also expect the basic items from the DAZ store to work but lately there is more and more products being released that just don’t work in Carrara

I have Poser and don’t use it
I have DS and don’t use it

Carrara is my choice for what I do and I also love it… but boy it gets annoying when more & more stuff just don’t work.

Hopefully V9 will fix these issues when it eventually gets released.

Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 15 July 2014 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-20

could a Mod, inform someone at Daz about this thread please, so that we might get some information from them about Carrara’s future, should it have one.

As I said lack of information from Daz could easily be solved, is it that much or hard to ask that Daz acknowledge the issues we have raised, and what is happening with Carrara

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2014 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17055
Joined  2003-10-09
IamArtistX - 15 July 2014 01:16 PM

could a Mod, inform someone at Daz about this thread please, so that we might get some information from them about Carrara’s future, should it have one.

As I said lack of information from Daz could easily be solved, is it that much or hard to ask that Daz acknowledge the issues we have raised, and what is happening with Carrara

Did you miss this post http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/43623/P15/#642203

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 July 2014 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-20

And has that person said anything in this thread, NO! not even a post to say they are aware of it and are taking our concerns seriously, no feedback from Daz, would take 30 secs to post something.

Just because some is aware doesnt really mean much, interaction is what we require, and yes I am being pushy, as nothing seems to happen otherwise, and I am a dog with a bone, I’m not going to let go :D

Signature 

3 of 9