Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
List Your Carrara Issues Here
Posted: 11 July 2014 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2011-06-20
Dartanbeck - 11 July 2014 12:54 AM

I know it’s a ‘known’ issue, but I would love to see that get fixed!

There are several “known issues”.  It would be great to see all of them get fixed! 

At the moment, it would be great to see some kind of progress, or to at least hear that efforts are being made.

Posted: 11 July 2014 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Mr Poser smile

Try using the “Directors Camera” instead of the main camera,.
the directors camera isn’t animated, and doesn’t have a production frame.  so it can’t go wrong. smile

You can use the Directors camera, to move around the scene, adjust the position of objects,. and find interesting shots of your scene.
You can save these “camera positions”, and set any camera to any of the saved positions at any time.

The Multi-view options are also very helpful when you#re working on a complex scene, since you can see the Top / Left / Front and any Camera view,. all at the same time,. and work in any view.

Hope it helps.

Posted: 11 July 2014 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15928
Joined  2003-10-09

OK,  This thread has now been turned into a Sticky thread, and DAZ_Jared is aware of it.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 11 July 2014 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2007-08-26
IamArtistX - 10 July 2014 06:50 AM

I as I don’t see the point in buying things, finding out they don’t work and then having to go through support to get my money back.

They don’t even give you your money back anymore. They used to refund in my PayPal account. Now they just give me a credit towards further purchases.

Posted: 11 July 2014 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

You can ask for the money to be returned to whatever you used to buy it. So if you paid using Paypal you can request a refund to PayPal. If you paid with Store credit, then the refund will be to store credit.

Please note this thread is mean to be sticking to topic, ie listing bugs etc in C 8.5. Any posts that are deemed to be off topic may be removed.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge

Posted: 11 July 2014 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2006-01-03

How much will we be charged for any fixes that get done? I’m assuming nothing further will get done with C 8.5 and we’ll be buying the fixes in C9.

Signature 

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

My Daz Gallery
My DeviantArt Gallery.

Posted: 11 July 2014 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2013-11-20

Well, we “might” get some fixes in C9, but to be honest for me to buy C9 it has to be something super special and near every bug fixed, We got stiffed on C8.5, I won’t be caught out again

Signature 

Visit me @ http://www.artistxinc.com

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it, agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering

Posted: 11 July 2014 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-01-03
IamArtistX - 11 July 2014 11:59 AM

Well, we “might” get some fixes in C9, but to be honest for me to buy C9 it has to be something super special and near every bug fixed, We got stiffed on C8.5, I won’t be caught out again

Yep, I am less than pleased with C 8.5. I’ll wait till C9 goes dirt cheap before I buy it. I paid for DS 4x pro, only to have them give it away a few months later. I’m not getting caught like that again.

One thing I really wish they would implement though, is an autofit, and or smoothing function.
I imagine one could get around this by using morph transfer in daz, but I have no idea how that works.

Signature 

My Daz Gallery
My DeviantArt Gallery.

Posted: 11 July 2014 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

If this is going to turn into just a discussion thread then it will be unstickied again.

It was made sticky on the proviso that it was going to be a thread about things that people found that needed fixing, ie bugs etc.

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2014 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-01-03

Then I’ll mention mine again

Autofit and smoothing/collision. Genesis and G2 are barely functional without that.

Signature 

My Daz Gallery
My DeviantArt Gallery.

Posted: 11 July 2014 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2013-06-14

Hi this is Bobeagle77, I will tell you in all honesty what my issue is with Carrara Pro 8.5 .Of course this is my rookie opinion. I am new Carrara user and I can see that its pretty powerful( renders are lightning fast and beautiful) but it feels ancient compare to Daz interface look, accessibility. Carrara feels very complicated and clunky. Daz Studios is way easier to pose and I can make animation faster here. Also while playing a animation in Daz Studios it looks really good and you can even move the camera around while the animation is running. I will keep my
Carrara Pro 8.5 in hopes that Daz makes Carrara Pro 9.0 more like Daz Studios 4.5 but with all the fancy goodies that Carrara has. I promise you that if Daz makes Carrara more user friendly. It will sell like pancake for a price range of $199-$299 range. I want Daz Studios to succeed and be in business for a very long time. I love Daz Studios products and have my own fun making art and animations.

Signature 

http://bobeagle77.deviantart.com/  Parental Discretion Is Advised: some renders Includes mature content.This is my DeviantArt renders portfolio. Thanks for checking out my stufft. cool smile

Posted: 11 July 2014 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  641
Joined  2007-05-26

Thanks for the info 3DAge… I’ll try using that camera

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 13 July 2014 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  2012-01-18
Bobeagle77 - 11 July 2014 09:46 PM

Hi this is Bobeagle77, I will tell you in all honesty what my issue is with Carrara Pro 8.5 .Of course this is my rookie opinion. I am new Carrara user and I can see that its pretty powerful( renders are lightning) but it feels ancient compare to Daz interface look, accessibility. Carrara feels very complicated and clunky. Daz Studios way easier to pose and I can make animation faster here. Also while playing an animation in Daz Studios it looks really good and you can even move the camera around. I will keep my Carrara Pro 8.5 in hopes that Daz makes Carrara Pro 9.0 more like Daz Studios 4.5 but with all the goodies that Carrara has. I promise you that if Daz makes Carrara more user friendly. It will sell like pancake for a price range of $199-$299 range. I want Daz Studios to succeed and be in business for a very long time. I love Daz Studios products and have my own fun making art and animations.

+1

I would like to have the close “x” on the right side of the windows
if I render to new window it does not fit the rendered szene
I have always to adjust it even if there’s enough space
when I close a rendered window I do not like to always have a window pop up that asks me if I want to save

Signature 

my Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/544

Posted: 13 July 2014 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5407
Joined  2006-08-27
ruphuss - 13 July 2014 02:25 AM
Bobeagle77 - 11 July 2014 09:46 PM

Hi this is Bobeagle77, I will tell you in all honesty what my issue is with Carrara Pro 8.5 .Of course this is my rookie opinion. I am new Carrara user and I can see that its pretty powerful( renders are lightning) but it feels ancient compare to Daz interface look, accessibility. Carrara feels very complicated and clunky. Daz Studios way easier to pose and I can make animation faster here. Also while playing an animation in Daz Studios it looks really good and you can even move the camera around. I will keep my Carrara Pro 8.5 in hopes that Daz makes Carrara Pro 9.0 more like Daz Studios 4.5 but with all the goodies that Carrara has. I promise you that if Daz makes Carrara more user friendly. It will sell like pancake for a price range of $199-$299 range. I want Daz Studios to succeed and be in business for a very long time. I love Daz Studios products and have my own fun making art and animations.

+1

I would like to have the close “x” on the right side of the windows
if I render to new window it does not fit the rendered szene
I have always to adjust it even if there’s enough space
when I close a rendered window I do not like to always have a window pop up that asks me if I want to save

I like the window that pops up asking if you want to save. It’s a common thing all software asks you, if you close a document that’s had changes made to it since the last save. It’s designed to protect you from screwing yourself over.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 13 July 2014 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2013-11-20

670 views and only 30 replies? come on people if you want daz to notice the Carrara users then more of you need to post your issues, even if someone else has already posted about the issue you might be having, post anyway, we need more people posting their issues.

Would be nice for someone from daz to let use now what is happening (or not) in regards to Carrrara

Signature 

Visit me @ http://www.artistxinc.com

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it, agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering

2 of 6