Digital Art Zone

3 of 16
BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE     ►►►Late Summer Edition◄◄◄      Theme is ­ἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶ TREES ἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶ 
Posted: 13 July 2014 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  700
Joined  2010-02-18

Ok, someone had to make fun of this theme wink Btw, not an entry…I just woodn’t (doh…pun) do that to you wink

Jay

Image Attachments
Threes.jpg

Posted: 13 July 2014 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16387
Joined  2003-10-09

best said in an Irish accent “begorrah it’s a number tree”  cool smile

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 July 2014 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3672
Joined  2004-10-01

@mtnmen - Dave’s introduction to the Instancing Lab is a good start. If you’re interested to go deeper into that Lab, you should take the time to read (1.) Instancing Lab by Rashad Carter, 7 pages, 1 MB and then work through (2.) Instancing Lab by Kine_magiK 62 pages, 33 MB. Both appeared in these forums and the link points to PDFs compiled from the threads,

@Jay - cool and colourful.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 13 July 2014 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

“begorrah it’s a number tree”

Heh he wink

Cheers, Horo...had no ideas…well, not yet anyway. rolleyes

Jay

Posted: 13 July 2014 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2007-12-10
mtnmen - 13 July 2014 09:55 AM

@TheSavage64…
Wow..  thank you for this… tutorial…  I have never until a few days ago gone into the instancing lab… All the info you gave me here is really good… and I especially appreciate the suggestion of a multi-replicate… which would mean additional hands on placement of the trees… but less crash potential…  Which I have experienced in my “instancing” ...  I will jump into the lab again today… and utilize the suggestions you gave me…
Thanks
Steve

Well a handy hint about Multi-Replicate is to create your first tree ABOVE the highest point of your terrain. Then replicate only on the X or Z axis. When you have your row of trees, make sure they are all selected (including your original), click the downward pointing arrow on the selections little floating menu and they will all drop to the surface of the terrain following it’s contours. Then without deselecting any, go to the EDIT tab and use the Y movement icon along with the Option key on the keyboard to nudge them down so all the roots are below the surface.

grin

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 13 July 2014 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  183
Joined  2013-06-12

Some really nice renders here!  Will comment more in the morning, but this looks like it’s going to be a great challenge.  Here’s my first entry. I’m so over this project!  Bryce shut my computer down more times than I care to count and I finally had to run the LAA tool to solve that problem.  Want to change a lot, but I’m done with it. Learned a LOT and swore more than I probably should have! LOL

Bryce terrains, lattices, and trees make up the majority of the scene.  The gator is from the DAZ store and the HDRI is from David and Horo’s vegetation package (http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-vegetation). Time to move on to the next project.

Image Attachments
CypressWorkingModel.jpg

Posted: 13 July 2014 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1617
Joined  2011-09-25

@mermaid:  That is such an amazing animation for this challenge.  I watched it through a few times and felt I was seeing the genesis of a forest.  Really nice work.

@Jay:  Your pun image finally reached the deeper gray cells, and might have hit them sooner had those threes been different wood materials.

@Art:  Now there’s a place not fit for swimming.  That scene has a terrific atmosphere.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 14 July 2014 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2006-02-21

@Horo…  Thanks for the Instancing lab links..  I’ll be downloading these right now…
Steve

Posted: 14 July 2014 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@Art - that’s a great swamp scene.

@mtnmen - you’re welcome. In fact, Dave’s post made me read through these two PDFs and do some experiments.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 14 July 2014 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2008-11-30

Jamahoney, I love your Tree grin

Here is my first entry. The Name is “mother nature”.

Image Attachments
mother_nature.jpg

Posted: 14 July 2014 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

Art...nice one…very calm, but scary (‘gator… etc.,)...will save my local swim time smile

Guss...cheers wink

Yellow Pen...yeah, get your meaning…very nice…‘tree of life’...etc.

Jay…still stuck on what to do tongue rolleye(

Posted: 14 July 2014 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2009-10-02

my 3rd entry titled “The Lonely Bonsai” smile ....its a pity i have entered 3 now, i have about 5-6 more scenes i have made but this was my favourite smile

Image Attachments
The_Lonely_Bonsai.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/49033

Posted: 15 July 2014 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1617
Joined  2011-09-25

@yellow Pen:  That’s a neat scene.  Love all the trees.

@timothybateman:  Nice work on that scene.  Nice use of DOF.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 15 July 2014 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@yellow Pen - a dreamy scene, very well done.

@timothybateman - that Bonsai looks great.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2014 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2008-11-30

thanks Jamahoney, Nemo and Horo grin

Wow. A beautiful Bonsai, and a wonderful Scene… grin
I’m suprised of all your Ideas you have here.

3 of 16