Digital Art Zone

12 of 16
BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE     ►►►Late Summer Edition◄◄◄      Theme is ­ἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶ TREES ἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶἶ 
Posted: 14 August 2014 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2010-02-02

Thanks very much GussNemo and Horo.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1819
http://stuartbassett0.wix.com/mybrycework

Posted: 15 August 2014 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2009-10-16

@mtnmen. Thanks for this comparison. I did realise it looked like a childrens book illustration. Don’t know that particular book (but then, I don’t really know any English children’s books). Somehow, I tend to be ‘accused’ (pun intended) of creating children book’s renders more often. I guess I should change carreers!

@CTippetts. Thanks! Not sure whether art should necessarily parody reality. But indeed, I do agree that reality of realistic look are not per se necessary or help to create art. It is allo about vision and choices, emotions and stories, I think.

@GussNemo, Horo, mermaid010: Thanks very much. Glad you like my approach. I tried to approach it like the amateur painter that I also am. I hope that was visible.

@StuartB4: Don’t stop with trees! You’re really doing a good job. And I like the fact that there is a story behind your render. Maybe you should also try a tool like Ngplant. I played for it for a couple of hours and already see nice trees in the making (do follow one or two tutorials first, because without you will probably take a long time to find out how it works). Ngplant is versatile and free. I hope to show an Ngplant tree in this challenge next week.

Posted: 15 August 2014 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2006-02-21

@Hansmar…  Since you got me thinking about Henry In Lollypop Land, I am recalling (over 50 years ago) some of that cartoon book… and it might have been my introduction to surreal thinking and imagery…  As he was walking in a forest,  I think, the trees started morphing into various flavors of lollypops… I remember being especially fond of the Lime Lollypop tree.. for some reason…  Your image so struck my memories… of the trees transforming from one reality into another…  Really fun image.
Steve

Posted: 20 August 2014 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2737
Joined  2007-05-05

Everyone has some really beautiful renders….I am almost late as usual…final render…...The Forrest…....Trish

Image Attachments
The_Forrest.jpg
 Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 20 August 2014 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-21

@bullit35744…  “The Forest” is lovely… A beautiful render with lots of earthy textures… You can almost smell the forest floor…
Steve

Posted: 20 August 2014 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3776
Joined  2004-10-01

@Trish - looking great.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 20 August 2014 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16786
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes another great addition to the great images we are getting.

Keep the renders coming still some days to go.

As my son always says when he sees my renders “Need more trees”  cool smile

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 August 2014 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2737
Joined  2007-05-05

Thank you Steve,Horo and Pam I am working on one more maybe I will finish it…..with luck

Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 20 August 2014 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1731
Joined  2011-09-25

@Trish:  That image looks even better enlarged.  It then has a really fine water color painting feel to it, and appears to be an extremely old forest.  It’s a nice piece of art.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 20 August 2014 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-16

@Trish: Wonderful! Great treetrunks and ivy.

I played around for about 3 hours with ngplant (http://ngplant.sourceforge.net/) and created a number of trees (the three big ones in the scene). Played a bit with leaf textures (partly translucent) for an hour or so. Then played with part of an older render, took out almost everything and added trees, some backgroundmaterial from JAC and Jessi and James from Poser.
Then the issue of light, point of view, etc. And rendering for around 16 hours…. Decided that it was not yet good enough, so changed settings (point of view, atmosphere) and rerendered.

I am not fully happy, but for the amount of time I spent on the scene: not too bad.

Submission name: Relaxing in the shadow of the tree.

Image Attachments
treecontest2.jpg

Posted: 21 August 2014 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@hansmar:  That looks nice.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 21 August 2014 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3776
Joined  2004-10-01

@hansmar - very nice trees. I’ve tried ngPlants when Rashad had mentioned it - and run straight back to Arbaro.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 21 August 2014 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-16

@GussNemo: Thanks

@Horo: I tried Arbaro too, but find that I get results faster with ngplant. It is quite versatile and not too difficult, once you get the hang of it.

Posted: 21 August 2014 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-21

@hansmar ...  I agree ...nice looking trees… I again tried playing with ngplant… I don’t get how to get it… and I don’t have Arbaro to run to…  Perhaps you might find time to do a short intro to Ngplant tutorial… for us who just don’t get it…  Just a thought.
Steve

Posted: 22 August 2014 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@Steve:  You’re not alone, I could also use directions.

Signature 

12 of 16