Digital Art Zone

DAZ Studio SDK question
Posted: 05 July 2014 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2008-05-31

Is it possible to manipulate the Library in DS via the SDK?. E.g. make it jump to a certain folder or load a certain item into the scene?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 05 July 2014 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2003-10-09

This question is better posted in one of the Software Development forums; for future reference.

- Developer Discussion (script)
- DAZ Studio SDK Discussion (compiled C++)

I suspect you mean the Content Library pane and not the Render Library pane, since the former can be used to “load a certain item into the scene” and the latter cannot.  Both panes are provided with the standard distribution, but both are [separate] plugins.  Plugins (compiled C++ that make use of the libraries/headers provided with the SDK) are not generally accessible by other plugins… unless they have been built, explicitly, for that purpose; most are not.  However, both panes are accessible via script - I answered a similar question in more detail, in the Developer Discussion forum, here.  In my response, you’ll notice references to a Content Manager (i.e. “oContentMgr”). This is the class (“DzContentMgr”), accessible by script and by plugin, that is used to load user-facing files.

-Rob

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

Posted: 05 July 2014 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2008-05-31