Digital Art Zone

7 of 24
Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.
Posted: 27 July 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3682
Joined  2012-02-06
Szark - 27 July 2012 07:07 AM

Nothing like posting an image to show us what you mean Scott. smile Can I suggest making a Render WIP Thread in the Art Studio or Begineers Section. The we can better advise and give pointers. But like all this there are so many ways to skin a cat (sorry cat loavers, no offence).

Szark, my image in question can be found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/59567/

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 27 July 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Frank0314 - 27 July 2012 08:29 AM

That’s the big reason I decided to get an LED monitor. I don’t have any of those problems anymore.

That is so True!! Once they are set to Standard across the board they stay that way.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 July 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7820
Joined  2006-03-19

Yep, I love mine. 24” Asus LED for a great price.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Forgotten Temple Ruins*****  

Posted: 27 July 2012 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

You and I must think a like. 25” Led Backlit LCD at 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution. So clear it’s creepy.

EDIT: Nope yours is FULL Led, you dog!!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 27 July 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7820
Joined  2006-03-19

I bought it through Amazon while I was having this computer build. Two shiny new toys. LOL

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Forgotten Temple Ruins*****  

Posted: 28 July 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1950
Joined  2011-07-31

Hey, Teach.  I’m not really playing hooky.  My cold’s much better now.  I’ve downloaded a couple of items I reset.  Through in the yard until the mower decides to cooperate.  Finished surfing the forums—for now.  Headed for the coffee pot, then I’ll light up and get down to work.

Later, gator.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 28 July 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Anne my dear, as long as you enjoying yourself and dont need me I’m good. I’ll be here when you need me, no worries.

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2012-01-05

Hi Everyone

I have been wondering for a long time, what is the difference between the props and materials in the image, and what is that scrolly thing meant to signify?

Image Attachments
p003.jpg

Posted: 28 July 2012 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
version3 - 28 July 2012 05:49 PM

Hi Everyone, I have been wondering for a long time, what is the difference between the props and materials in the image, and what is that s thing meant to signify?

@version3: Well, my friend you really have more than one way to tell. First you can turn on the Extensions in your Prefs and most Items will end with .cr2 and Some times .pz2. But that can not always be a good way because some Materials files can end with .pz2 as well. The more reliable way is which folder they are in. Figures, People, and Props are the folders that have the most Items in them. Textures or Materials are normally in Poses or Materials folders. The Scroll indicates that it has both poser textures and daz textures and the program will load the DAZ version.

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2012-01-05

Thanks Jaderail, I am learning something new everyday in this thread. I have it bookmarked now so I don’t have to keep searching for it.

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Didn’t get much done today.  I did put a goatee on Genesis with the idea of turning into a woman, but then decided to go to a Chibi Boy.  Got the giggles, but I liked him.  Didn’t save or render, but got some ideas simmering from it.  I guess at some point I turned my extensions on.  I know I did because I got tired of trying to apply pz instead of *r.  Just can’t change hair color if the hair’s not already there.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

I knew there was something else.  I’m planning to work on posing tomorrow.  I know how to split into more than 1 workspace, but is there anyway to have different images in each, like for reference?

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 28 July 2012 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
AtticAnne - 28 July 2012 09:47 PM

I knew there was something else.  I’m planning to work on posing tomorrow.  I know how to split into more than 1 workspace, but is there anyway to have different images in each, like for reference?

@AtticAnne: Now that one is out of my range of knowledge. I’m a single screen type of fellow. Never did the multi screen thing. Sorry.

Signature 

Posted: 29 July 2012 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8142
Joined  2009-05-14
AtticAnne - 28 July 2012 09:47 PM

Lets see if we are on the same page.

You want a different reference image in each Viewport when using a mutli windowed worspace? If that is the case then No, not automatically is the answer, unless you put a plane, with reference image applied, in for each Camera.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 29 July 2012 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8142
Joined  2009-05-14
version3 - 28 July 2012 05:49 PM

Hi Everyone

I have been wondering for a long time, what is the difference between the props and materials in the image, and what is that scrolly thing meant to signify?

Here is another tip for you guys.

To get to know the different File formats may I suggest going to Edit > Preferences (F2) > Content Library and make sure Show File Extension is checked on. This will then show all your content with their associated file extension.

Image Attachments
FileExtensions.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

7 of 24