Digital Art Zone

24 of 24
Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.
Posted: 17 January 2013 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 346 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi gang.

I hope this isn’t going into ‘Intermediate’ territory, or anything, but I have a question for you. I found some tattoo brushes on dA, and a bolt of inspiration struck. I wanted to add tattoos for people like M4, V4, maybe even an older K4, and possibly even Genesis, when I have the money for it. I have Studio 4.5, and I know I have the L.I.E., the Layered Image Editor. I’ve seen the tutorials for them, but I think I might be a little stuck. I have some of the individual brushes saved as png files. Here is my question. Using the L.I.E., how can I put a tattoo on M4?

Your friend
Oracle

Posted: 17 January 2013 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 347 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I know how to do it but I’ve never done it so the texture can be used for more than the one render. If you point me to some Links I’ll se If I can do it in easy steps for others to follow.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 17 January 2013 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 348 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-07
Jaderail - 17 January 2013 02:44 PM

I know how to do it but I’ve never done it so the texture can be used for more than the one render. If you point me to some Links I’ll se If I can do it in easy steps for others to follow.

I’ll settle for just the one render, Jaderail, and thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I’ve only seen the two tutorials that DAZ put out on their YouTube page, so if there are any others out there, I don’t know.

Thanks again.
Oracle

Posted: 17 January 2013 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 349 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay then thats easy, Load your Figure and then pick a surface in the Surfaces Tab. Use the Drop down that lets you change the texture in the Diffuse to open the LIE. The Full texture for that section will open, if you pick the Arm all the limb texture will load. Then you use the plus/Minus button at the bottom of the layers list to add a new layer. Then use the Resource button to load your Tattoo image. Once loaded you use the tools to set the blend type and size as you need. When placed in the part that you opened just accept. Thats when it helps to know the different Mat zones for your figure. The good news is you can go right back into LIE and adjust as needed.

Tip: I’ve never tried a tat across seams so I’m not able to help with that.

I hope this gets you started.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 17 January 2013 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 350 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-07
Jaderail - 17 January 2013 05:05 PM

Okay then thats easy, Load your Figure and then pick a surface in the Surfaces Tab. Use the Drop down that lets you change the texture in the Diffuse to open the LIE. The Full texture for that section will open, if you pick the Arm all the limb texture will load. Then you use the plus/Minus button at the bottom of the layers list to add a new layer. Then use the Resource button to load your Tattoo image. Once loaded you use the tools to set the blend type and size as you need. When placed in the part that you opened just accept. Thats when it helps to know the different Mat zones for your figure. The good news is you can go right back into LIE and adjust as needed.

Tip: I’ve never tried a tat across seams so I’m not able to help with that.

I hope this gets you started.

It does. Thanks a lot, Jaderail. This is terrific.

You’re friend
Oracle

Posted: 17 January 2013 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 351 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1863
Joined  2011-07-31

What is the maximum size for posting an image?  It’s been a long time since I posted anything.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 17 January 2013 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 352 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

At this point in time I’m not 100% sure anymore AtticAnne. But I think it’s still at 2000x2000 max but I think the file size has changed. And that is the part I need to learn and know.

Signature 

Posted: 18 January 2013 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 353 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

This one is for a Friend who also happens to be my first Daz Basics student.

In this I’m trying to show how to get Lighting to match a Background Image so that a 3D figure blends into the BG like they are part of the full scene. I’m not a master at lighting but I think this is Close. More work and it could get better.  This covers the lighting only.

Step 1. Study the BG image, see how the shadows fall and how DEEP they are. See how much Bounce light FILLs the image.

Step 2. Create a Distant Light and Name it Sun. Look through the SUN until you think shadows would fall just like they do in the BG image.

Step 3. Try to match the color of the main Shadow light (Sun) from the BG image the best you can. Now test render. Still too dark.

Step 4. Create a second Distant Light name it Fill. Looking through it try to match the FILL light from the BG image. Even aim upwards if needed to get it.

Step 5. Test renders, Then change your Sun settings in Parameters untill you get as good as you can. Do the same with your Fill light.

This was done in a matter of Mins and as I said is not perfect. It does show the concept I just discribed.

Image Attachments
Anne_Tut_Render._.jpgAnne_Tut-2.pngAnne_Tut-3.png
 Signature 

24 of 24