Digital Art Zone

23 of 24
Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.
Posted: 08 January 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Sorry I was not clear with my question. Are you seeing the Opt forever thing with all your renders or just this one?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 08 January 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2008-01-25

Just this one.

Signature 

“Never lose your life, it’s precious.”
“Not like I can drop it somewhere when off-minded.”

deviantart : http://ukyuu.deviantart.com

Posted: 08 January 2013 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Is this the NEW WorldBase or the old one? It could be a Tiling issue. I do not have the Snow Version of the new WorldBase but the Lushlands works fine on my PC. Does this happen even after a save scene exit DS reload and reboot of DS?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 08 January 2013 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

Actually, this is quite a modified skydome of the New WorldBase
Not only did I meddled textures through the layer editor, but I went in Shader Mixer to add a tiling to the skydome so the new picture would feature far-away mountains on the skydome ^^’.

If the tiling is the problem, I guess I’ll remove that then.

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Ukyuu - 08 January 2013 02:57 PM

Actually, this is quite a modified skydome of the New WorldBase
Not only did I meddled textures through the layer editor, but I went in Shader Mixer to add a tiling to the skydome so the new picture would feature far-away mountains on the skydome ^^’.

If the tiling is the problem, I guess I’ll remove that then.

This one goes a bit beyound my ability to help. Try the Nuts and Bolts Forum. Sorry. I’m sure it can be done but not sure how.

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2009-12-07
Jaderail - 28 November 2012 10:54 PM
Geminii23 - 28 November 2012 09:55 PM

Hi Jaderail and others.  This is carry over from a question I posed in our PM.  I am trying to figure out how to apply the Gore-Dom shaders to elements in my scene.

I noticed that when I go to the Surface (color) tab that Shaders is not present at all on any of my elements being used in my current project.  Even when I open a new project and try to use a the base genesis or Victoria 5/Michael 5 models the Shaders option does not show up.  The only options I have are Materials and Presets.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Here you go, a short Picture Version of what to do…My Tabs will look different but will work the same as yours. I hope this helps you and others. For this I will be using just Genesis and the Gore-Dom Shaders.

CLICK To SEE at FULL SIZE!

Thanks a lot for that tutorial, Jaderail. I guess it shows how much of a beginner I still am. I was trying to double click on the icon in the content library. LOL.

Your friend
Oracle

Posted: 08 January 2013 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
NV Oracle - 08 January 2013 09:34 PM

Thanks a lot for that tutorial, Jaderail. I guess it shows how much of a beginner I still am. I was trying to double click on the icon in the content library. LOL.

Your friend
Oracle

Your Very Welcome, remember I and others watch this thread, if we can help we will. If you have More Questions just ask.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2009-12-07

Oh, I will, believe me. I’ll holler loud and clear. LOL. Most things I think I have, but it actually didn’t occur to me to close Studio after I made a scene, then open it back up and make my render, and I’m actually going to try to play with the box that comes up with the directional arrows to move my content around, because using the dials in the paramaters tab can get a little tedious sometimes. LOL.

Your friend
Oracle

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

Back again ^^

I’d like a complete way to make a perfectly clean uninstall of DAZ Studio with no lingering registry entries and all, so to start out from a fresh completely new grounds the DAZ studio, please smile

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Not sure you can kill the Regestry entries but a new install should over write the old ones. But here we go.

Step1. The one most people miss. Go to the Programs folder that DS is installed in Open the Content Management Service open Uninstallers. Run the uninstaller. Now your OLD CMS is gone and dead. Delete any left over parts.

Step2. Find your Content Folder (My Library) and just Delete it.

Step3. Uninstall DS or just reinstall DS as it will uninstall the other file for you.

This is the Fast way, The best way would be to run ALL uninstallers for Content First. Then the CMS and Then DS. But I’m sure the end result is the same. A Fresh clean install after doing the above.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25
Jaderail - 09 January 2013 11:59 AM

Not sure you can kill the Regestry entries but a new install should over write the old ones. But here we go.

Step1. The one most people miss. Go to the Programs folder that DS is installed in Open the Content Management Service open Uninstallers. Run the uninstaller. Now your OLD CMS is gone and dead. Delete any left over parts.

Step2. Find your Content Folder (My Library) and just Delete it.

Step3. Uninstall DS or just re-install DS as it will uninstall the other file for you.

This is the Fast way, The best way would be to run ALL uninstallers for Content First. Then the CMS and Then DS. But I’m sure the end result is the same. A Fresh clean install after doing the above.

I could indeed run all of the uninstaller, but you won’t see me back for the result before… let’s say next year?

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2013 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

In the end, I did had to re-install my windows to get rid of the previous installation, and with that, the scene now works properly.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2013 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5046
Joined  2012-04-07
Ukyuu - 10 January 2013 05:27 PM

In the end, I did had to re-install my windows to get rid of the previous installation, and with that, the scene now works properly.

Well that was fast. When I reinstall the OS, it takes a few days to get all the programs reloaded and activated, etc. And the scene files would have been history.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2013 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-25

I save all of my work on a separate DVD.
And I have an image of My OS freshly installed, with the main software I use freshly installed too. I mounted it.
I then re-installed DAZ (since I know it gets messed up easily on my computer), I don’t have it on my image, and installed back the few content that are on this specific scene. That’s why I could do it fast smile

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2013 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5046
Joined  2012-04-07

Oh. hmmm ... I never did figure out how to make those. I can see why they’d be popular. Maybe next time ‘round I’ll have to look into that procedure.

Signature 

23 of 24