Digital Art Zone

3 of 24
Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.
Posted: 21 July 2012 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1897
Joined  2011-07-31

Deformers would be good, when you feel up to it.  I know absolutely nothing about them.  Or lights or cameras.

I should have asked this at the beginning of the month:  Should I be saving what I do for the pose contest as scene or pose?  I’ve saved everything as scene.  That makes sense if I’ve got clothes, props, etc., but with just a naked figure it seems like overkill.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
AtticAnne - 21 July 2012 09:45 PM

Deformers would be good, when you feel up to it.  I know absolutely nothing about them.  Or lights or cameras.

I should have asked this at the beginning of the month:  Should I be saving what I do for the pose contest as scene or pose?  I’ve saved everything as scene.  That makes sense if I’ve got clothes, props, etc., but with just a naked figure it seems like overkill.

@AtticAnne: With Scene you get back just where you stop, with pose you would need to add the floor again ect… For things you wish to work on Scene is the right way to do it. If you save as Pose only the pose will be saved. So, if it is more than just a figure Scene is correct. If it is just the pose for the figure Pose would be correct. You have done the right thing. You can load your Scene and keep working, the other way you would only have the pose and need to add everything else. Floor Background Image ect…

A scene will save Everything, including your camera position. The other save options only save that one thing. A pose will just put the Pose on your Character, a Material will only put the material back on your figure. Always save what you need. If you wish to come back and work more then you want the Scene, if you only want the Pose then just the pose and ect, ect ect… Only Scene puts you right back to the place you stopped.

As for Lights or Cameras or Deformers I think lights shoud be one of your first things to try to understand. Lights in 3D do not work like real lights and you need to understand the basic steps before you can do more than a standard render with the built in light. It’s up to you but I would love to see you finish the pose, then we could clothe and light it.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2239
Joined  2005-09-05

There was a terrific tutorial for deformers created by Carnite for one of the beginners contests. I will try and find the link for it…and post it.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8695
Joined  2007-11-06

One thing to remember is that the scene only saves real cameras, not the Perspective view or the Top, Bottom, etc. views.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

@Pendraia: Thank you that will be wonderful.

@fixmypcmike: You have a good point. Only the Default Camera and any Cameras you add will be saved in a Scene. The others all go back the the start position.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Why can I only see my plane in Perspective view?

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Another question—what is a core and how do I know how many I have?

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

This is what I’m still working on for the posing contest.  I’m working on her with the Left view.  I think when I started I was working with the Front view, but screwed it up somewhere along the way.

Image Attachments
at_piratepinup8b5.jpg
AP640-pirate-pin-up-1956_larger.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Okay, I think I’ve asked enough questions to keep you busy until I decide to get up in the morning.  I’m ready to grab Kinky Friedman and go to bed.  Made it to page 11 of Elvis, Jesus & Coca Cola last night.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
AtticAnne - 21 July 2012 10:18 PM

Why can I only see my plane in Perspective view?

@AtticAnne: As I said before your Plane is really colored White. From your screen capture I can see your viewport background is also white, when looking through the Perspective Camera you are at a angle to the plane so DS adds a color so you can work. From your Default Camera it is blending into your Background because it is the same color, and that is close to what you would get if you rendered. All primative items you create will be plain white untill you change them. That is why you can only see it from angles of the other cameras. That and the Light. We will cover lights soon I think.

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Pendraia - 21 July 2012 10:07 PM

There was a terrific tutorial for deformers created by Carnite for one of the beginners contests. I will try and find the link for it…and post it.

Found it here: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=161430&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

@AtticAnne: Looking good. Do you still have the FLOOR and your Background picture to work with in your Saved Scene?

As a teacher I will also ask things, so get used to it. LOL

@Pendraia: Thank you for that. AA take a look and I will help with any questions you have.

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Jaderail - 21 July 2012 10:35 PM

@AtticAnne: Looking good. Do you still have the FLOOR and your Background picture to work with in your Saved Scene?

As a teacher I will also ask things, so get used to it. LOL

@Pendraia: Thank you for that. AA take a look and I will help with any questions you have.

No problem…funny how we teachers ask lots of questions.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 22 July 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7930
Joined  2009-05-14
AtticAnne - 21 July 2012 10:21 PM

Another question—what is a core and how do I know how many I have?

Google should help you more if you search. A core is your computer processor. If you are on Windows Vista go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Getting Started with Windows There you should find how many CPU and core you have. I have one CPU which is split in to two cores.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 22 July 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7930
Joined  2009-05-14

Once you get the basic of deforming learnt the best thing to do is just sit there for a few hours and play, Use and Cube and then a Sphere. Once you understand the three nodes in a deformer then there will be no stopping you…..well That was my expereince. I think my first use of deforming was making indents in a finger and thumb as the figure was holding a marble.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

3 of 24