Digital Art Zone

15 of 24
Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.
Posted: 28 September 2012 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2054
Joined  2011-07-31

It crashed and I have filed a bug report.

Tired and going to bed.  Our rain has started and we’re supposed to get 4 inches.  I’ll post more in the morning.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 29 September 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Hi dear, I’ve talked with everyone, we just can not come up with a reason for this. Have you tried installing DS4.5 again? It might be the only way to see if it’s DS or your PC.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 September 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

No, but I can reinstall 4.5.  I don’t think it’s DAZ or the PC.  I think I changed something and messed it up.  It was working for me and now it’s not.

Haven’t heard anything back about it crashing last night.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 01 October 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

I have no idea what I did to break Studio, nor do I know how I fixed.  I do know it was USER ERROR.  This time I went back to a new scene for each and reconstructed, carefully following Jaderail’s surfacing instructions.  Here are quick takes of last night’s endeavors:

Evidently I decided to change her name.

Image Attachments
at_Mavda_Garden.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 01 October 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

And the other one.  Now I’m cranked again.  Or maybe cracked again.

Image Attachments
at_spam1_0930a_crop.jpg
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 01 October 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
AtticAnne - 01 October 2012 09:12 AM

I have no idea what I did to break Studio, nor do I know how I fixed.  I do know it was USER ERROR.  This time I went back to a new scene for each and reconstructed, carefully following Jaderail’s surfacing instructions.  Here are quick takes of last night’s endeavors:

Evidently I decided to change her name.

That’s a beautiful render Anne, so glad your back to work.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2012-09-27

Hi there.  I’m very new to DAZ - I tried it a few years ago, but had a bargain-basement system that just didn’t have the power to run the software.  But now my system is much improved, and I’ve been having fun with DAZ.

However, I am running into some issues - there are certain models that, when I try to apply textures to surfaces, only show a solid color.  (I will post images later - I am not at my home computer right now. :( )  Is it an issue with the models I have chosen, or am I doing something wrong?  I have no experience with texture mapping or 3D modeling, and very little with DAZ so far - just playing around for the last couple of weeks.

I also have some questions about lights, but I have not yet had the chance to check out the tips mentioned earlier in this thread - my questions may already be answered.

Looking forward to sharing my creations here. smile

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Thanks, Jeff.  I started on something else last night and ran into a problem:  No scale in the Parameters tab. It may have just been the items I was using, but I’m going to check it out later today.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’ll be expecting updates from you both.

@AtticAnne: That’s odd you should be able to scale unless you do not have the Root (Base) selected.

@james.beery.07: It could be the items are not UV mapped, I’ll wait for your follow up post.

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8351
Joined  2009-05-14
james.beery.07 - 01 October 2012 10:14 AM

Hi there.  I’m very new to DAZ - I tried it a few years ago, but had a bargain-basement system that just didn’t have the power to run the software.  But now my system is much improved, and I’ve been having fun with DAZ.

However, I am running into some issues - there are certain models that, when I try to apply textures to surfaces, only show a solid color.  (I will post images later - I am not at my home computer right now. :( )  Is it an issue with the models I have chosen, or am I doing something wrong?  I have no experience with texture mapping or 3D modeling, and very little with DAZ so far - just playing around for the last couple of weeks.

I also have some questions about lights, but I have not yet had the chance to check out the tips mentioned earlier in this thread - my questions may already be answered.

Looking forward to sharing my creations here. smile

We will wait until you post some images and info what the models are and what textures you are appling before commenting further.

Nice image Anne, nice to see you finally getting your issues fixed.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9692
Joined  2007-11-06

It may also be that the material presets use Poser shaders, which won’t work in DS.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I just want to once again thank Szark and fixmypcmike for popping in and watching this thread. If those two and I can not help… We will just look for somebody that can.

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2012-09-27

Thank you for your quick replies! smile  I suspected it might be related to UV mapping, but I have no idea how to actually create such a map.  And if it is a Poser shader issue, I have no idea how to address that either.  I will post pics this evening of what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks again!

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 01 October 2012 10:43 AM

I just want to once again thank Szark and fixmypcmike for popping in and watching this thread. If those two and I can not help… We will just look for somebody that can.

If you have a problem,
If noone else can help,
And if you can find them,
Maybe you can hire…
The FixMySzarkJaderail Team!

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

ROFL!! When I saw who had posted I was so hoping for a question I could just jump on and answer. This was even better.

Signature 

15 of 24