Digital Art Zone

14 of 24
Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.
Posted: 23 September 2012 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2007-04-08

Tattoos are difficult to get right, especially ones that are ‘built in’ with a person’s skin texture.  I don’t know what it is with some skin texturers but they seem to know little about tattoos.  Often they get their excellent skin texture and just draw a tattoo on it, without thinking about how a real tattoo fades in with the skin pigment.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 23 September 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2012-08-17

Thank you Szark, I am working on a new render right now, just had a quick little look over that page looks like a lot of very valuable information for myself to study as soon as I am finished with this render I shall go study it. Again you help is very much appreciated.
smile

I hope you have a great day ahead of you
smile

Posted: 23 September 2012 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2009-05-14

Wiibb no problems. I find the link to be the best for learning the surfaces tab. Neil did a good job IMHO with that one.

13.47 here and still waiting for a Vue render to finish which I started off rendering at 2.30 this morning. About to start cooking our sunday roast chicken meal, yes I do all the cooking and have done for years.

Here is an old Archived link for making and blending tattoos http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=113201&highlight;= and here is how to deal with the missing images see the info at the top of this page http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/306/

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 24 September 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1830
Joined  2011-07-31

Okay, now I’m having render problems with DS4.5Pro.  They look good in the viewport, all textures in place.  I save as a scene, then render, and poof—all textures are gone.

In the one with Genesis, the can in his hand is supposed to have the texture, but not Genesis.

Image Attachments
at_mavka1_take2_crop.pngat_spam2.png
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 25 September 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I’ve not seen this before. I’ll get with the CV’s and Admin’s and see if anyone has some ideas.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 25 September 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2009-05-14

I have seen a few a bug reports about missing textures etc one this morning https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47970 is it any thing like what is described in that bug report? Are the texture maps still in the surfaces pane?

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 25 September 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

In both cases all work was done in DS Pro 4.5.0.114.  Everything in Mavka is for Genesis.  In Genesis, the can that didn’t render the texture is Poser.

Everything had been working, so I think I messed something up around the 14th.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 25 September 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Major Question. Were the textures in the Viewport before Render was used? I need to know if the Save cleared the Stack of all textures. You can check that by loading anything, adding a texture and then doing the save (the same way you did before), then checking in the Surfaces Tab to see if the textures are still loaded after you did the save.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 25 September 2012 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-25

Okay, I’m really new with DS and I’m pretty sure I’ve only gotten the hang of about 1% of all the features in this program. Right now, I’m attempting to stretch out the genesis figure for the purpose of an exaggerated figure. Since the figure is stretched vertically, but not horizontally, it ended up making genesis’ butt really awkward: long and flat!

Is there any way to make this more proportional?

Image Attachments
bfsjdfhs.jpg

Posted: 26 September 2012 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes, yes there is. Instead of Stretching the FULL figure at one time try just doing each part you want longer. It will take more time but I’m sure you can do it. Start with lower legs, then upper legs, just a bit for Hips (Butt is in this part) then abdomen, then chest, and so on and so on. Until you have what you want.

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
Jaderail - 25 September 2012 02:04 PM

Major Question. Were the textures in the Viewport before Render was used? I need to know if the Save cleared the Stack of all textures. You can check that by loading anything, adding a texture and then doing the save (the same way you did before), then checking in the Surfaces Tab to see if the textures are still loaded after you did the save.

Those were rendered after I saved them.  They looked find, I saved, rendered, they shed the textures.  I’ll try what you said and get back.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 26 September 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
Jaderail - 26 September 2012 12:02 AM

Yes, yes there is. Instead of Stretching the FULL figure at one time try just doing each part you want longer. It will take more time but I’m sure you can do it. Start with lower legs, then upper legs, just a bit for Hips (Butt is in this part) then abdomen, then chest, and so on and so on. Until you have what you want.

I’ll have to try this too, just to see what I can do.  I love this thread because I learn so much from ALL the questions and answers.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Here’s what I got tonight.  Maybe I’ve messed up my render settings.

Image Attachments
Capture3.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture1.PNG
 Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

Then I rendered and got the same untextured figure.  I tried rendering several things that previously rendered okay and got nada, zip.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 27 September 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8427
Joined  2007-11-06

What happens if you move the slider to 4 (software render)?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

14 of 24