Digital Art Zone

10 of 24
Daz Studio Basics 101. New Users help for starting with DS.
Posted: 14 August 2012 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  2011-07-31

Much clearer to me now.  As soon as I get my laptop back up, I want to play with cameras.  Hopefully I can find my pot in my Dreamhome bathroom.

My late husband learned early on to always turn the light on when coming in from second shift.  He never knew where I might have put the furniture.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 14 August 2012 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
AtticAnne - 14 August 2012 09:58 PM

Much clearer to me now.  As soon as I get my laptop back up, I want to play with cameras.  Hopefully I can find my pot in my Dreamhome bathroom.

My late husband learned early on to always turn the light on when coming in from second shift.  He never knew where I might have put the furniture.

ROFL!! That does not surprise me one bit. My Ex danced to that same drummer. I can not tell you how many times I barked my shins when I was trying to NOT wake her up after I got home from work.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 August 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7967
Joined  2006-03-19

Every time I open DS I play with something new. I really enjoy playing with the lights and cameras.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 19 August 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2012-04-14

What is the difference between .dsf and .dsa. I was loading the earrings from Elven dress for gensis and I noticed there were two different files. I also noticed that when I loaded one set, and then changed the pose of genesis the earrings didn’t follow. Can’t remember which version I used.

Posted: 26 August 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Opps, missed that one. Okay folks, truth be told I just really think this thread is a good Idea.

I’m Asking right now that all CV’s and other helpful people help keep this thread up and running. I’m Just a DS semi-know it all.
Like most New Users I’m still finding my way around DS4.5Pro. I do try to stay on top of all the tips but I do not know the answers
to all the Questions that can and have been asked.

I also invite all users to ask any NONE Tech question about DS here. The types of new files and why they exist is not my cup of tea.
How to use the files and install files I understand just fine.

I hope to see more Users soon.

Jaderail

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 26 August 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7078
Joined  2005-08-15

@anikad

Here is a link to the documentaion about File Formats.  It will tell you everything you ever wanted to know, and probably a lot that you didn’t smile

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/?do=googlecustomsearch&id=file+formats

Have fun.

Must read it myself sometime red face

Posted: 26 August 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2012-08-17

Hi Jaderaid, got advised to come here as I am a new B and ask my question if I had any. I am glad I did come here as now I can go through all the-other posts and learn from them rather than hitting a brick wall and having to relay on others helping me.
Just one question I do need help with, if you know what costume this is could you please let myself know so I can purchase it from here?
Thank you and I really look forward to going through your posts
raspberry

Image Attachments
toxic-chrystalline-large.jpg

Posted: 26 August 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
wiibb - 26 August 2012 04:47 PM

Hi Jaderaid, got advised to come here as I am a new B and ask my question if I had any. I am glad I did come here as now I can go through all the-other posts and learn from them rather than hitting a brick wall and having to relay on others helping me.
Just one question I do need help with, if you know what costume this is could you please let myself know so I can purchase it from here?
Thank you and I really look forward to going through your posts
raspberry

I’m sorry but I don’t know that one wiibb. For the best info on clothing and hair and stuff you will get more people helping you in the Commons Forum. The more folks who see it the better your chance some one will know what set it is. I hope that helps some.

Feel free to ask anything you like. If I can not help I’ll try to find the help you need.

Signature 

Posted: 26 August 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-17

No problem thank you for your time in getting back to myself Jaderail.
raspberry

Posted: 26 August 2012 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
wiibb - 26 August 2012 05:40 PM

No problem thank you for your time in getting back to myself Jaderail.
raspberry

This is kind of my thing, I enjoy it. Happy Rendering.

Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2012 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2010-06-18
Jaderail - 26 August 2012 04:39 PM

Okay folks, truth be told I just really think this thread is a good Idea.

I’m Asking right now that all CV’s and other helpful people help keep this thread up and running. I’m Just a DS semi-know it all.
Like most New Users I’m still finding my way around DS4.5Pro. I do try to stay on top of all the tips but I do not know the answers

I also invite all users to ask any NONE Tech question about DS here. The types of new files and why they exist is not my cup of tea.

Jaderail

Hi Jaderail… grin

I think this thread is a great idea for all the new users…

I will gladly lend a helping hand when and where I can… Unfortunately my free time lately has been limited to the waaay late hours of the nite or waaaaaay early hours of the morning PST. I barely get to do anything in 3D lately…

But maybe I can guide those that have questions when everyone else is sleeping… smile

See you around…

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7967
Joined  2006-03-19
Jaderail - 26 August 2012 04:39 PM

Opps, missed that one. Okay folks, truth be told I just really think this thread is a good Idea.

Jaderail

I’m a newbie when it comes to DS so not sure how much help I can be. I can do most the basics and pretty good with cameras and decent with lights. I’m more of a Poser guru but I’m working hard on DS.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 27 August 2012 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8322
Joined  2009-05-14
JimmyC_2009 - 26 August 2012 04:46 PM

@anikad

Here is a link to the documentation about File Formats.  It will tell you everything you ever wanted to know, and probably a lot that you didn’t smile

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/?do=googlecustomsearch&id=file+formats

Have fun.

Must read it myself sometime red face

Taking this tip further don’t forget my tip on page 7 http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/4310/P90/#60979 about showing file extensions. Showing them helps with learning what is what.

Also here is a direct link to the list of formats you will come across http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/tech_articles/file_extensions/start

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 27 August 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you All for popping In, Frank you’ll do fine. Everybody just help with what they can when they can. Now we need some users.

Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-17

Hi Guys, now that I have the very very very basics of Daz and the interface could one of you help me out with some started tutorials as the ones I am finding on the net are not up to much and would love to learn a little about lighting and reflections.
Thanx in advance
raspberry

10 of 24