Kettu's free stuff: lights, tutorials, etc
Here are my best freebies so far, please enjoy!
- Mk85 Fantasy Lights and Portrait Add-On (extensive documentation included with each archive; Portrait Add-On optimised for GC on, gamma 2.2!):
- a step-by-step walkthrough of using Shader Builder to get a nifty environment light shader "Envlight2" supplied with 3Delight standalone to be used in DS (I hope this tutorial is informative enough to facilitate your further endeavours into converting any other RSL shaders you may come across):
- a 43 page "treatise" on subsurface scattering (and related stuff) as found in the UberSurface family of shaders; lots of pictures and examples (this is sort of a magnum opus of mine):
- a companion tutorial to the SSS treatise about making opacity masks from pre-existing diffuse maps (remember: for render-only (non-product) usage, unless you have explicit permission to redistribute derivative works from the texture):
- a simple head cover for the Genesis figure family, used to grow LAMH hair on, with three example presets:
There is also a little more stuff in my ShareCG account, feel free to browse the gallery =)
Small non-ShareCG freebies:
I am willing to answer any questions you may have, but please bear in mind I am not online every day - I am very sorry.
These renders showcase my SSS techniques and the lights: the portrait is done with Fantasy Lights, the water scene - with the environment light shader Envlight2 (and AoA's fog camera for the haze). You will find material settings described in the SSS tutorial.
Thank you very much for taking a look! I wish you a lot of inspiration and awesome renders!