Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Issues with lighting and Reality 2.5
Posted: 22 June 2014 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  603
Joined  2012-02-06

Thankies much for the kind words smile  I still consider myself a n00b; it’s a journey, not a destination grin

It’s the skin that comes with Michael 6 HD.  It’s all about settings, though.  I actually do prefer the earlier skins (I use the M4/V4 Auto converter plug-ins). 

What is key is making sure that the skins (no matter what generation) have a photo-sourced base, vendors do mention that.  Getting the settings right is also key, the ArtXtreme interview has a very good range for glossiness.  Most vendors will also include specular maps, which is key for making skin look alive smile

On the other end of the spectrum, giving skin a high gloss is good when you want it to look artificial LOL

Image Attachments
AmalgaMate_2014_extra_glossy_alt_735_samples.png
 Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 22 June 2014 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2014-06-16

Did I also mention I am also a noob with Daz3D? :D

If I load my model (Victoria 6 or any other), will it have a proper skin or do I need to tweak it?
Currently I don’t actually tweak the material. I just assume when I load the model it has a proper skin material loaded…

Posted: 22 June 2014 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

It’s not so much about the character having the proper skin as it is having the best settings smile

When you invoke Reality 2.5 the “materials” tab is highlighted; this is where the settings are tweaked.  It can be a PITA to calibrate but this is where the magic happens LOL

Selecting the “Owner” column arranges everything according to the “asset” it belongs to.  Most of the time the settings will be too high. Choosing the right settings and applying different maps may seem daunting at first but it does become easier with experience wink

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2014 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2006-12-12

This is my second render using LuxRender and first using Reality 2.5 (I prefer Reality over Luxus…at this point).

I used default settings with “Lela for Victoria 4 and Genesis 2” on the SubSurface Mat for the skin and just tweaked the clothing all to Matte in Reality and rendered with 1 RealityLight-Curved….this cooked for 19h36m (I started it and went to bed and work the next day).

I was amazed at the outcome! I am sooooo looking forward to actually understanding how to ‘use’ Reality to make my renders as I envision them in my head!

Based on your render using “Michael 6 HD with Gen 6 skin” ‘bandit’ I want to try out an M6 render next. These types of threads are awesome, thanks I learn a lot from the members of this community.

(hard to see the skin results on the render without seeing in full size)

Image Attachments
Reality_TestRender_001v1.jpg

Posted: 02 July 2014 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-12-09

I’m sry if im in the wrong form, but I didn’t know where else to turn. iv’e ben playing with daz3d now for about two years ive gotten a lot better since I first started but i’m nowhere near where I want to be. with that being said here is my problem, I would render an image in daz and come up with these kinda results the I saw WOW there is something that could make it look more real that’s when I bought reality 2 and that’s where I started to get stuck. first I could not find where the image was @ then I didn’t know how long I was supposed to let it render for one time I let it render for 24hrs and it looked like my render in daz was better looking then in lux. so I try to google to see if they could help with lighting or how to get a nice looking image from start to finish like what to do in daz then what to do in lux before rendering I had no luck im not good with all the terms they use for tweaking so I was hopping someone could pls help me I don’t what a softbox is or if it would help or mesh lighting but I here it a lot and I don’t know how to use, I just double click on sunlight and call it a day lol my computer in a hp AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ 4gig ram 320GB Nvidia GeForce 8200LE graphic im not sure what this means but I hope it helps

Image Attachments
for-renderousity.jpg

Posted: 03 July 2014 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2005-05-06

Hi.
A couple of notes, which I hope will help.
Don’t get stuck with efficiency, I never look at that number.
First make sure that you are using the Linear tonemapper. If you use the autolinear you will not be able to adjust the lights to your liking, since Lux will automatically adjust the exposure.
Cranking the gain up is perfectly OK, the sun is much brighter than the standard mesh light. You can also use mesh lights only or a combination of IBL and mesh lights. No need to use the sun for outdoors.

Hope this helps.

Signature 

Paolo/Pret-a-3D
Get Reality for DAZ Studio
http://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
http://twitter.com/preta3d
https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119

Posted: 03 July 2014 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2009-09-11

I also been using it for over 2 years if I add lighting to the sun it will increase time. I don’t need to. I usually balance the Sun and sky lights

Image Attachments
1.png2.png
 Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 03 July 2014 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Reality forums are back online, finally LOL  These forums are great but you’ll get faster responses there, I promise tongue wink It’s also where Reality users hang out raspberry

@sloth_xvx sorry for the delay in responding red face  I love what you did; it’s wonderful use of chiaroscuro grin 

@ducenickels The sun will give you a very harsh light.  A softbox and meshlight creates even and diffused lighting; think of it as a beauty light cheese  In the Michael HD example a meshlight provides the key (main light) and a plane is placed behind the figure and converted to a light to provide a soft back light wink  I used the same technique for my forum AV but with a stronger backlight and less powerful key smile

Signature 

2 of 2